1. We're giving away Twin Saga MMO Starter Packs on Twitter and Facebook!
    Go here to Follow Us and RT on TWITTER
    Go here to Like our page and Share the Giveaway Post on FACEBOOK
  2. Episode 13 of the Toonzone Podcast is live! Listen to it here: http://www.toonzone.net/toonzone-podcast-episode-13/

We discuss The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, the Nintendo Switch, 20 years of Toonami, Toonami’s first era on Cartoon Network, the Adult Swim era, and what we’d like to see from Toonami in the future.

Dismiss Notice

"Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham" Video Game Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by James Harvey, Nov 11, 2014.

?

"Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham" - Discuss and Rate!

1. *****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. ****1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ****

100.0%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

Gotham City was only the start for Lego Batman ...

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham
    Release Date: November 11th, 2014
    Studio: Warner Bros. Interactive

Synopsis: The best-selling Lego Batman videogame franchise returns in an out-of-this-world, action-packed adventure! In Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham, the Caped Crusader joins forces with the super heroes of the DC Comics universe and blasts off to outer space to stop the evil Brainiac from destroying Earth. Using the power of the Lantern Rings, Brainiac shrinks worlds to add to his twisted collection of miniature cities from across the universe. Now the greatest super heroes and the most cunning villains must unite and journey to different Lantern Worlds to collect the Lantern Rings and stop Brainiac before it's too late.

Features:
    -For the first time ever, battle with Batman and his allies in outer space and the various Lantern worlds including Zamaron and Odym.
    -Play and unlock more than 150 characters with amazing powers and abilities, including members of the Justice League, and BIG LEGO Figures such as Cyborg, Solomon Grundy and more.
    -Surprising disguises, Brainiac's mind control ability, and the power of the Lantern rings bring a whole new twist to characters you thought you knew.
    -Access Batman's training modules on the Bat Computer and take part in various challenges including battle arenas, races and detective mazes.
    -Visit the Hall of Justice, the Batcave, and the Justice League Watchtower to access shops, trophy rooms, and the hero and vehicle customizers.

Discuss the latest installment in the Lego Batman franchise!

Related Threads:
    -Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham Video Game Review (Spoilers)
    -Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes Video Game Talkback (Spoilers)
    -Lego Batman Video Game Talkback (Spoilers)
    -Lego DC Comics: Batman Be-Leaguered Animated Special Talkback (Spoilers)
    -Lego Batman: The Movie - DC Super Heroes Unite Feature Talkback (Spoilers)
    -Batman: The Complete Television Series Blu-ray/DVD/Digital Talkback (Spoilers)

2. Splinter

Splinter Well-Known Member

I've only been playing this game for a couple hours but it blows the first two Lego Batman games right out of the water and is a contender for dethroning Lego Marvel. The game is full of great bits and the cinematics have really, really great! I wish I had something more to add but this is a massive massive game that seems to just be jamming every possible DC-related thing in and it's working!

3. TnAdct1

TnAdct1 Ravioli, Ravioli

After enjoying Lego Marvel, I'm interested in checking this game out. Will probably wait and see if there's a good deal for this on Black Friday before I buy it, though (with the ways things are going, this only happen if either Toys R Us has a B1G1 sale Black Friday or it, like Lego Marvel, is part of Black Friday lightning deal at Amazon).

4. BigFatHairyDeal

BigFatHairyDeal Defender of the Universe

I can't sit here and say Lego Batman 3 has incredible game play, but it's pretty good comedy. There are quite a few meta jokes for us long-time fans, poking fun at all sorts of things, like misconceptions from fans, inside jokes, running themes in DC and fandom, etc.

5. M.O.D.O.K.

M.O.D.O.K. Scientist Supreme
    Staff Member Moderator

Just reached the Lantern planets section and I've been having a blast. The roster is massive (despite a few character reskins) and the humor and references are on-point. There's a lot of love and detail put into the characters.

The only nitpicks so far are the pointless celebrity cameos besides Adam West and the restrictiveness of the Hub Worlds.

6. Stu

Stu Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
    Staff Member Administrator

I plan to get the game for Christmas, hopefully on the PS4 if Santa deems that I have been a good boy all year.

One question though, for those who own it. Are the downloadable packs available now? There is a European exclusive Batman Beyond pack, Arrow and The Dark Knight trilogy pack I am defiantly interested in.

7. TnAdct1

TnAdct1 Ravioli, Ravioli

In the United States, the DLC packs based on Batman's 75th anniversary, the Dark Knight Trilogy, and Man of Steel are currently available.

8. Stu

Thank you. I have since read that the Batman Beyond pack is an Amazon UK exclusive.

What are the packs like, for those of you who have purchased it? I confess to not knowing much about the Batman 75 back, one would assume it's includes a Bob Kane/Bill Finger Batman?

9. M.O.D.O.K.

M.O.D.O.K. Scientist Supreme
    Staff Member Moderator

You're correct with that assumption. He can even shoot a gun. ;)

The DLC packs come with several bonus characters, some vehicles, and a bonus, short mission. The Man of Steel pack comes with the movie's Superman, Jor-El, Lara Lor-Van (who are the characters in the mission), General Zod, Faora, Klenex, and henchmen. The Dark Knight pack has the movie versions of Batman, Gordon, Ra's al Ghul, Scarecrow, Two-Face, Joker, Bane, and Catwoman and recreates the Joker/Batman car chase from TDK. The 75th Anniversary pack has a lame Joker/Harley mission, but it has many alternate versions of Batman, like Frank Miller's TDKR, Gotham by Gaslight, Vampire, Sinestro Corps, Azrael, Zebra Batman, and Brave and the Bold.

10. Splinter

Splinter Well-Known Member

The DLC for Batman of the Future is out!!

I believe this is what you were waiting for, Stu?

Lego Batman 3 Expands To The Future With Batman Beyond DLC - News - www.GameInformer.com

11. Stu

Oh, yes. This will be downloaded as soon as I get my PS4 on Christmas Day.

I've been trying to avoid spoilers as to who is in the game, but from what I can tell the roster is massive.

12. Miyamoto Musashi

Miyamoto Musashi Law Enforcer

I have a few issues with the game.
    1. Constant repetition of Conan O'Brien's lines sit on my nerves.
    2. With all the playable celebrity characters, I expected Conan to be one of them.
    3. The planets being too small can cause a bit of dizziness during the gameplay, and the camera rotating in enclosed spaces is merciless, maybe the most merciless camera view.

I give the game 4/5 because of those, not too much on No.2, that's a minor nitpick.
    I love Duck Dodgers missions and tour guides.
    Adam West jokes are awesome, he's to Batman what Stan Lee is to Marvel. The bat effects are great to look at, and I'm glad they are exclusive to Adam West, and the 1966 series characters.