Legion of Super Heroes "Unnatural Alliances" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Animation Forum' started by The Penguin, Nov 17, 2007.

?

Rate this episode

1. *****

50.0%
  2. ****1/2

20.0%
  3. ****

20.0%
  4. ***1/2

10.0%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. little boy lost

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. The Penguin

The Penguin Moderator of Fowl Play

Someone else from the future arrives and it adds to the trouble the Legion has with Imperiex.

[​IMG]

Episode #20: Unnatural Alliances
    Original Airdate - November 17th, 2007
    When Terra Man, a villain from the future, arrives in the 31st century to hunt down a child, the Legion quickly acts to save the boy and keep him clear of Imperiex's obvious plot. But after Imperiex proves to be the boy's protector, the Legion must uncover why.

Comments?

2. Hades

Hades New Member

So Legion is new but not Batman this week??? Why can't they just stay consistent? And what is with all of the reruns? I miss the old days when we got new episodes straight through Nov, and then new ones Feb-Mar and finally in May.

3. Razor

Razor New Member

Now that was a good episode. Good character building episode for Kell-El, and some nice expansion on Imperiex's character.

4. AdamYJ

AdamYJ The Saturday Morning Kid

Well, I didn't expect to see Terra-Man on this show. For those who don't know, Terra-Man was a villian from the '70s Superman comics that DC editorial tried to make into a new major enemy for Superman, though it didn't really take. He's shown up a few times since, but he's usually different each time. The only thing that sticks is the cowboy motif. He did appear on JLU though in the Wild West part of "The Once and Future Thing" just under the name Tobias Manning.

Anyway, pretty good episode. Good character work on Kell-El.

5. batsy2

batsy2 New Member

i'm glad to see Kell-Al getting a sense of compassion and imperiax's origion was pretty cool i miss duo damsel's old lokk but this is good too well can't wait till december first for a new episode

6. Robert McSantos

Robert McSantos New Member

This is the first episode that makes me like Imperiex as a villain. He has lots of cute moments in this one.

7. Silverstar

Silverstar Ah, No.

I've already posted this in another thread, but now that there's a talkback for "Unnatural Alliances", I'll repost this here:

This is just a shot in the dark, but I'm guessing that Superman X's being nice to the boy Abel (sp?) is going to be what saves them all from Imperiex. Since Cain is the one who goes on to develop the technology that creates Imperiex, Kel-El's benevolent actions may cause him to somehow alter his future plans to tip the scales in humanity's favor, possibly preventing the threat of Imperiex from ever happening at all. Just a theory, though.

Side note: I'm not really feeling the new Goth look for Triplica...er, Duo Damsel, whomever. All the more reason for her to (hopefully) get her third self back eventually.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2007
  8. Speedy Cerviche

Speedy Cerviche New Member

That's a good angle, by the way the kid's name was Abel not Cain.

9. Silverstar

Silverstar Ah, No.

Oops. My mistake. Legion comes on kind of early where I live, so I hadn't completely shaken out all of the cobwebs this morning. I knew it was something Biblical.

10. Ruseri

Ruseri New Member

Best episode of the series thus far, IMO. Period.

11. 90'sCartoonMan

90'sCartoonMan Punch Drunk Flounder

Cool episode. I wasn't expecting Terra Man at all, and I like the twist that he had ties to K3NT.

I'm glad we got to see more of the other Legion, it's been pretty Lightning Lad/Chameleon Boy/Timber Wolf heavy lately. Was this Star Boy's first speaking role? I like Duo Damsel's new look.

I liked Kel's development in this. He's changed since his first appearance. But really...how was Imperiex so sure he wouldn't flash fry Abel right there? Before he met the Legion, he may very well have.

12. Hades

Hades New Member

Anyone else notice Granny Goodness in the background during Imperiax's backstory?

Oh yeah, and Duo Damsel's new look is so much cooler. I hope she stays that way.

13. Prof Ultimate

Prof Ultimate New Member

Who did his voice? I'm leaning towards Bumper Robinson, but I'm not sure...

14. batsy2

batsy2 New Member

it is bumper robinson

15. Goldstar Neo

Goldstar Neo We're not cousins!

Star Boy was voiced by Bumper Robinson. It was listed in the shows' closing credits.

Respectfully, I disagree. I like Duo Damsel's original look much more. I'm not down with "semi-goth" look for her at all. Also, I really hope that Duo Damsel reunites with her 3rd self and goes back to being Triplicate Girl by the end of the season.

16. creativerealms

creativerealms New Member

I do not believe that Kel El's compassion toward Abel will change anything for the future. All Abel does is grow up to create the foundation to the technology that made Imperiax who he became. Technology which itself is not evil and should still be created. He had nothing to do with the actual creation of Imperiax it's just he's the beginning of the chain that leads to his creation.

Now for Imperiax knowing Kel El would not fry Abel right then and there, well simple. I believe Imperiax forces are monitoring the Legion at all time "Who Am I" Gave me that impression. So he knows Kel El has changed. That the Legion has softened him up a little, and he was right.

Anyway great episode. Getting to know Imperiax's back story was good, as was seeing another side to Kel El's creator K3NT, with Terra man.

I was not too big on Duo's new uniform myself.

17. ROBOTRON

ROBOTRON 100% Pure Robot!

:D - 4 stars, good episode.

This one threw me a lot of curves. I really enjoyed Superman X's complex choices he had to make in this one. I also liked the fact that they expanded Starboy's powers showing us more of what he could do. He appeared to be so weak every since he was inducted in "The Substitutes".

Terra man was meh.:sweat:
    _______

Oh crap! That was him???? Ok, cool.

18. Anthonynotes

Anthonynotes PBS: We rock harder than MTV

Eh.... guess I'll differ and thought it was just so-so, probably since it reminded me too much of the "Terminator" films (and I never liked the Terminator films)...

Imperiex at least came off as a bit less mediocre.

Guess if it didn't endanger future-Superman's existence (and ruin the whole season), stopping Imperiex could've been as simple as telling little "Jimmy Neutron" to either find a non-tech-related career and/or invent something else when he grows up. Though speaking of endangering the future, would think all this stuff Imperiex is doing in the *first* place would be endangering his own future, anyway... unless he's got some really kewl, super-mega-plan that takes his own birth, etc. in the 41st century into account once he takes over the world... or something. :p

Terra-Man in the original 70s Superman comics was an Earthling cowboy named Toby Manning who used alien technology disguised as Old West weapons/gear to fight Superman with, along with the winged horse mentioned above. Byrne's Superman revamp IIRC turned him into some modern-day eco-terrorist type, though think recent comics have gone back to the "space cowboy" motif.

-B.

19. Funkatron

Funkatron Active Member

So some weird amalgam version of Vigilante and his knight friend from JLU?

20. asphaltviking64

asphaltviking64 High Inquisitor of soup

I forgot, did they already do the Luck Lords in this or something like that?