1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Least favorite Disney Animation/Pixar film

Discussion in 'Disney/Pixar Forum' started by SparkleMan, Jul 19, 2016.

1. SparkleMan

SparkleMan One Step Closer To The Edge

What the title says.

2. tonyr6

tonyr6 Member

Up, Brave and the Good Dinosaur. They did not have that Pixar feel.

3. Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper Well-Known Member

I'm going with Chicken Little. It has been a while since I've seen it from start to finish, but from what I recall, it was just Disney pretending to be Dreamworks and failing miserably.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. I.R. Shokew

I.R. Shokew DISGRACED and Rooting ONLY for Underdogs

Thank God Disney knows better than to make garbage like Chicken Little.
    Also, in Pixar's case... Brave STINKS.

As long as Disney / Pixar can continue to move forward from either (and so far, they have (without saying examples!)), we'll be quite alright.

• Winner Winner x 2
  5. jaylop97

jaylop97 Commonly found at Night

For my least favorite Disney movie, that is a real tough one because none of the Direct to DVD's really impress me, so anyone of those in particular are bad.
    As for Pixar, Cars 2 It really felt displaced and tried 2 things at once which really didn't do to well.

6. nadazahra

nadazahra Member

Its going to be chicken little and The good dinosaur

Sent from my GT-I9060I using Tapatalk

7. tonyr6

tonyr6 Member

I liked Chicken Little.

8. SB20xx

SB20xx Oooooh!
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

Pixar: Cars 2. I saw it once, didn't feel the need to purchase it, and haven't watched it since. It's the only Pixar movie I don't own on DVD or Blu-ray (that and The Good Dinosaur, but I haven't seen that yet).

Disney: The Fox and the Hound 2, The Jungle Book 2, Pocahontas 2. Really, most of them that aren't the two Aladdin sequels and Kronk's New Groove.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. SparkleMan

SparkleMan One Step Closer To The Edge

I didnput 't like Chicken Little, I thought Planes was mediocre, Cars wasn't too good, and Toy Story was mediocre.
    Chicken Little just had no thought put into it.
    Planes just had many things wrong with it
    Cars < Cars 2
    Toy Story just had a couple things wrong with it.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Mr. Daniel

Mr. Daniel Back (but just occasionally)

The Good Dinosaur was a Lion King rip off and one of the most emotionally manipulative animated movies I've ever seen. Chicken Little is a downright reprehensible movie, from the way they treated the main character and that the dad was a horrendous character from the start.

11. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I don't really see how the Good Dinosaur was a Lion King rip off. The only similarity is that the father dies saving the son and the son makes a journey to get back home, but that's about it and those are pretty weak connections at best. Now I can kind of see where you're coming from with the emotionally manipulative part, even though I disagree, but the Lion King rip off seems incredibly random and not accurate at all.

I'm kind of surprised with how often the Good Dinosaur has come up here. It was overshadowed immensely by Inside Out, as I think that they came out within the same year or at least not too far apart from each other, but I thought that The Good Dinosaur was really good. I'm not sure where I'd rank it among Pixar's other movies, but it was far from a bad movie or even an average one. I thought it was really sweet with a likable lead, pretty good pacing, a good storyline and great visuals. You could see where things were going pretty well ahead of time, but I don't think that necessarily was a strike against the movie when the execution was still pretty solid in spite of that. I've only seen it once, but it was really good and definitely a good Pixar movie as far as I'm concerned.

As for my least favorite Pixar movie, I'd probably go with either Cars or Brave. Cars was just mediocre all around. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't great either. You could probably call Brave mediocre too, but the word I thought of by the end of the movie was safe. It felt like it was covering all of the bases for its storyline and characters by just playing it safe, which made it harder to really make more of the emotional moments work for me. Cars 2 isn't one of my favorite Pixar movies, but I at least had more fun watching that movie than the first Cars, which does give it a bit of an edge at least in my book.

As for Disney, nothing is quite as bad as Mulan 2 if we include the Disney direct to DVD sequels. That just took everything I loved about the original movie and replaced it with an awful story and terrible characters.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Sebastian Howard

Sebastian Howard New Member

Finding Nemo, I've seen that movie a million times and absolutely hate it. Dory's obnoxious, the kid is a little brat and the dad's just tired of everyone's bs.

Also the Little Mermaid sucks, I used to like it and then I found out that the orignal story was much darker. Normally that's not that big of a deal but they completely changed the point of the story and made it a feel good Disney tripe. The orignal story was about love, one sided love The Mermaid was in love with the Prince but he was in love with a different girl and she ends up taking her life. I'm not saying that the movie had to be so dark to include a suicide but the story just feels like Disney destroying the whole point of the story and making it family friendly.

Also, my name is Sebastian so I get jokes about being that angry krab. So obnoxious... NO I WASN'T NAMED AFTER THE LITTLE MERMAID KRAB I WAS NAMED AFTER SEBASTIAN INLET!!!

13. jaylop97

jaylop97 Commonly found at Night

I'm surprised someone else feels the same way about Nemo and Dory, I agree on those parts.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Sebastian Howard

RIGHT? Everyone LOVES that movie so much and I just find it utterly obnoxious.

15. Cartoon Ruler

Cartoon Ruler I Like Waffles

A lot of the direct-to-videos sequels were either bad or mediocre, but I think The Hunchback of Notre Dame 2 would the worst out of them. The plot was so cliched and weak, the animation wasn't as good as the first, and the main villain was so pathetic even for a kids movie.

Also, Chicken Little for being too mean-spirited and having very unlikable characters. Also, it was a Disney movie that tries its hardest to be a DreamWorks movie by having constant references and being more lucrative. It failed on both parts.

• Agree Agree x 1
    #15 Cartoon Ruler, Jan 9, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
  16. ShadowBeast

ShadowBeast Well-Known Member

Yeah those are often so bad I wouldn't even bother listing them as it goes without saying. I'd list the non-direct-to-video films in threads like this.
    The only direct-to-videos sequel that I can say that is good is the Lion king 2 movie.

17. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I thought that Lady and the Tramp 2 was pretty good and I thought that Bambi 2 was much better than the original movie. There are quite a few bad/boring movies, but I don't think that all of them were terrible. I'm not too surprised that they developed a terrible reputation though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. ShadowBeast

I never saw those two movies. But yeah Disney's direct-to-video sequels do have a bad reputation, but there is always exceptions.

19. Sebastian Howard

The Aladdin sequel is actually pretty good, Return of Jafar.

20. ShadowBeast

Like I said there are exceptions, though Reuturn of Jafar was criticized by alot (I'll need to re-watch it to give proper judgement).