1. View our list of the Top 10 Characters That Need a DC Animated Film. Click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Last Chance for The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by McMax, Nov 24, 2015.

1. McMax

McMax Member

The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes is leaving Netflix! Season one on December 1 and season two on December 11. If you haven't seen it yet you need to for I think that it is the best superhero cartoon ever.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Oh, really? I hope they get it back on there soon :(.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. jaylop97

jaylop97 Commonly found at Night

Too bad hopefully hulu picks it up, or it gets some stream site.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Dsneybuf

Dsneybuf Well-Known Member

And that whatever website picks up the show won't attach any recaps or the shorter intro to any season one episodes. iTunes presents these season one episodes with recaps and the shorter intro:
    • "Ultron-5"
    • "This Hostage Earth"
    • "The Fall of Asgard"

• Informative Informative x 2
  5. JoeMabbon

JoeMabbon Freelance Photographer

I knew this was coming, but its still sad nonetheless.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Dsneybuf

To whom it may concern, Marvel has marked a lot of the EMH-related videos they've posted on their YouTube channel as Private, including all of the Micro-Episodes.

Naturally, I've lost hope again of them releasing Blu-Ray sets in chronological order, so now I think I should go dwell on how messed-up it feels that my prediction of that might not come true, but the prediction I made of Marvel paying Drake Bell to redub/taint Spider-Man's guest appearances did.

7. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

EMH is one of my favorite Marvel cartoons, so this really sucks. It won't even be available on any other streaming platform. I'm also too busy to marathon it one more time.
    Ya know, this is one of the downsides of SVOD. Unless they're originals to the services, all licensed content get taken off eventually. It makes me wish major media companies would just establish their own service. Disney is setting up something like that in the UK called DisneyLife, maybe they'll bring that here when their movie deal with Netflix expires three years from now.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Dsneybuf

DVDActive's review of the Ant-Man movie made a comment about the EMH portrayal of Hank Pym that I don't remember considering myself before:
    Did anyone else here consider it? Among other reasons I didn't, Hank doesn't have a stoic expression or a monotone voice, at least not before Ultron goes mad.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

No, I can't say I have, though it's certainly an interesting interpretation :).

Comic!Hank has a confirmed case of bi-polar disorder, which in the comics has resulted in his various mental breakdowns and mood swings, and was fueled by Hank's inadequacies and self-loathing.

The show touched on that with Yellowjacket and just how different that identity was from Hank's normal personality, and that Yellowjacket treated himself as a completely different person because "Hank Pym" had died for Yellowjacket to live. all of that was a part of Hank wrestling with trying to be what everybody (The Avengers, Jan, himself) wanted him to be which resulted in a mental breakdown.

10. Dsneybuf

I asked Chris Yost about this, and he answered, "that's pretty accurate."

• Like Like x 1
  11. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

All those reasons make Hank Pym an infinitely more compelling and interesting character than Scott Lang. I'm still annoyed that Scott Lang is the movie Ant-Man instead of Hank Pym and there's no real Janet Van Dyne Wasp. I'm sorry, Hope van Dyne doesn't count. She's not the Wasp.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Dustellar

Dustellar Active Member

That's also why I think that Ultron without Pym isn't Ultron... and that MCU and AA
    decision to use Stark instead Pym was wrong, all these problems of Pym were inherited by Ultron when he used his own brain patterns to create him, Ultron is Pym without all the good things, not just a rebellious AI ala Skynet like the MCU and the animated series show.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Medinnus

Medinnus Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Of course, one may still buy episodes or seasons at Amazon. Its my favorite way to watch AEMH and YJ.

14. Dsneybuf

Did Amazon tack the season two intro onto any season one episodes, like iTunes did?

15. Medinnus

Medinnus Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator