1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Kuu Kuu Harajuku" (News and Discussion Thread)

Discussion in 'The Nicktoons Forum' started by superkeegan9100, Sep 13, 2016.

1. superkeegan9100

superkeegan9100 Well-known user and expert in cartoons

2. Ghostbuster

Ghostbuster Well-Known Member

Here's Nick's press release

The series will air at 4 p.m. between Monday 3rd - Friday 7th Oct., and continue with premieres in its regular timeslot of Saturdays at 8:30 a.m.

A full episode is available to watch on Nick.com and the Nick App.

3. Mandouga

Mandouga Well-Known Member

Care to explain why, Superkeegan9100?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Mikurotoro92

Mikurotoro92 Banned

• Like Like x 1
  5. PapaGreg

PapaGreg Peppermint tea for me

You know when I looked at the title I thought of something more tribal

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. jaylop97

jaylop97 L Twins

This show is definitely an indicator that Nick really does want to expand on the Saturday morning block, and I am actually glad they really do want to make something out of Saturday mornings.

7. chum_chum

chum_chum Active Member

Honestly this looks very bad and Gwen's Harajuku shtick is lowkey racist. This has a potenial of being a bigger scandal than Oggy was.

8. superkeegan9100

It's show that's not SpongeBob, Alvin or the Loud House. Of course it's going to fail.

9. Rhaynebow

Rhaynebow Well-Known Member

Oi. I can feel the dolls cranking out of the machines by the thousands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Antonio Bravo

Antonio Bravo IDOL UP!

This show reminds me of the failed toyline from Spin Master, Kawaii Crush.

11. Mandouga

Mandouga Well-Known Member

On the other hand, if Nickelodeon really is trying to turn themselves around (as they're--admittedly--implied to be doing), then maybe, just maybe, this show might be given a fair chance.

Maybe.

EDIT: I just looked it up on Google, and I'm not really sure about the implied running gag of the girls not getting to complete a concert. If this is all the show is going to be, then I'm just not sure. Also, this appears to be a third party production as well. If this show does end up failing, it might only--repeat: ONLY be because it may just be a way to promote Gwen Stefani's music career ("Love, Angel, Music, Baby" is the name of her debut solo album; they are also the names of the "Harajuku Girls", which are her backup dancers). Still, we'll see how the show turns out. On a personal note, I kind of hope she doesn't use too much Gratuitous Japanese in the show (I think she likes to use the word "kawaii" ["cute"] a lot). I mean, depending on how the show turns out, she could end up looking like she doesn't really know what she's talking about, resulting in people mocking her for it. I myself would never wish that on anybody, but I'm just saying. I really do hope the show turns out alright. I really do.

• Like Like x 1
    #11 Mandouga, Sep 14, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2016
  12. Tommy Lawson

Tommy Lawson Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Why hasn't anybody mentioned Saturday at 8:30 a.m is the current time slot for Miraculous Ladybug? Miraculous will not be finished with its season 1 run by that point, if only one episode continues to premiere each week.

I am highly skeptical Nickelodeon is going to expand the Saturday morning block, when outside of that 8:00 a.m. hour block, the only show they have been airing on Saturday mornings recently is Spongebob. In fact, if anything, I feel either Regal Academy or Miraculous Ladybug will be pulled starting October 8, because I don't see Nickelodeon giving up an additional Saturday morning time slot for a third party show. I'm leaning more heavily towards Regal Academy being pulled, at least for a few weeks, because it does not have a popular music video online like Miraculous, and Miraculous only should have 3 episodes left by that point, even if it has to move again to 8:00 a.m. to air them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Antonio Bravo

Antonio Bravo IDOL UP!

Or, it will move to Nicktoons..............

14. superkeegan9100

Maybe Miraculous Ladybug will move to a different timeslot. Or, the remaining Season 1 episodes + Season 2 will be acquired by Disney Channel.

15. jaylop97

jaylop97 L Twins

If it ever does get acquired by Disney I would imagine still the same treatment where it airs only in the satellite exclusive channel Disney XD.

16. superkeegan9100

Have you seen Disney Channel's schedule lately? They're still airing cartoons. And I don't think Ladybug would fit on Disney XD.

17. Ghostbuster

Ghostbuster Well-Known Member

I think Nick are trying to establish a programming block featuring strong female protagonists for girls. Mysticons is slated to debut on Nick during Fall 2017, and would fit quite well in this block.

18. Nichromo221

Nichromo221 New Member

Haven't we already established that celebrities and cartoons don't mix? How did they go from Harvery Beaks and the Loud House to this? The full episode is on Nick, but the animation quality is something that the Hub would release. Nickelodeon rejected the Modifyers because it had a female lead, but now they put this trash? How about you request to the creator to acquire the Modifyers? I just don't get this man. I showed a few friends the first episode and they all agreed it was bad.

• Informative Informative x 1
    #18 Nichromo221, Sep 26, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2016
  19. classictoonami

i think it's okay for now as long as gwen voices a character off topic is the new ghostbusters series premiering on nick first?

20. kanc

kanc Well-Known Member

where did you get the idea of ghostbusters premiering Nick? i dont see anything news for this