1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Kulipari an army of frogs

Discussion in 'The toonzone - General Animation Discussion' started by bobbybop, Sep 3, 2016.

1. bobbybop

bobbybop Member

new cartoon that's just premiered on Netflix, watched the first half of the season, it's quite good so far.

2. Moto Pete

Moto Pete We Bare-ly Pete's

yeah i like it ..... but it seems to skip parts

3. jaylop97

jaylop97 Commonly found at Night

I find it decent so far.

4. Troy Troodon

Troy Troodon Well-Known Member

I don't mean to nitpick, but I kind'a wish they got someone other than Josh Keaton for Darel. I love the guy as a va, and it's good he gets plenty of work, but really there are still other voice actors who can voice young male protagonists like Jason Marsden, Matthew Mercer, Johnny Yong Bosch, and even Eric Bauza.

Again, Keaton is cool as always, but give him a break and let someone else fill in, okay?

5. spyke

spyke Well-Known Member

I just started watching this show a few days ago and I think that it is pretty darn good and entertaining. My only complaint is that the animation, while not terrible, isn't all that good, but that is most likely due to the low budget. Other than the lackluster animation, I don't understand all the hate that this show has been getting. Oh well, too each their own.

6. wonderfly

wonderfly Shaking things up a bit
    Staff Member Administrator

This looks awesome.

People seem to be complaining more about the animation, but geez, not everything can look like Trollhunters (Dreamworks) or Voltron (from the guys behind "Avatar/Korra").

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. spyke

spyke Well-Known Member

While I think that the animation is lackluster, I've seen worse. I'm a little more forgiving of the animation in this series because (a) the story is good and the overall plot is interesting and well written and (b) the show is obviously on a very low budget compared to other shows produced by larger animation studios. The creator,writer,and owner of the ARMY OF FROGS books and characters wanted to fund the show himself, but he had to go into a partnership with Splash Entertainment in order to fund the show and to handle the animation.