Kingdom Hearts Future Announcement Coming Soon?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by River26, May 1, 2012.

1. River26

River26 Active Member

Man, Square Enix just loves Kingdom Hearts. On the back of KH3D: Dream Drop Distance, there may be a future KH game announcement. Thanks due in part to the Ultimania game guide.

"Kingdom Hearts 3D has been out in Japan for a few weeks. That means it’s time to start thinking about the next game in the series. No… really, we’re not kidding!

The Kingdom Hearts 3D edition of the Square Enix’s “Ultimania” book has arrived in Japan, and it contains some interesting tidbits with Tetsuya Nomura. Most notably, Nomura said that they’ll be ready to make an announcement sometime in the near future.

Will Square Enix reveal another spinoff? A true sequel to Kingdom Hearts II? Let us know what you think!"

source:
    http://nintendoeverything.com/87724/new-kingdom-hearts-announcement-in-the-near-future/

and
    http://www.ff-reunion.net/kh/2012/05/01/kh3d_ultimania_nomura_interview

2. veemonjosh

veemonjosh Get back, Jojo

inb4 another spinoff instead of KH3.

3. spartanx54

spartanx54 New Member

Hoping for KH3, expecting a spin off. That's how it is these days. And if KH3 is announced, (assuming it will be a PlayStation exclusive) I will have a reason to own an Xbox, PS3, and a Wii.

4. Takao

Takao Fight the darkness all around

Putting my money on one (maybe more) of these:

Kingdom Hearts HD Collection (Features KH & KH 2 Final Mix)
    Kingdom Hearts Portable Collection (BBS Final Mix + Dream Drop Distance Final Mix)
    Kingdom Hearts 3
    Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep II

This year is KH's 10th anniversary. I can see Square Enix doing a KH Portable Collection for Vita to bring both BBS and Dream Drop Distance to the platform in anticipation for BBS2 with the HD Collection serving as a build up to KH3 on consoles.

5. The Man in Black

The Man in Black I have 5 of broats

An HD collection of KH, KH2 and CoM would be cool. I would KILL however for either a new one (3) or a PS3 port of the various handheld cames that came out after KH2.

6. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator

I want KH 3. A HD remix of 1 and 2, that's probably obligatory and expected for around whenever that comes out. I don't need more games that are peripheral to the plot though. I care about the 3DS game in large part because it looks to be the perfect primer for the series & for what's coming.

7. OnePark

OnePark גורל

Te interview mentions its not DDD Final mix or BbSII (Ithink he even said it wouldn't be a game). I'm sure it won't be KHIII, instead it'll be:

-A Kairi game where you do Kairi things.
    -A game centered around Donald's hat.
    -A remake

8. Dudley

Dudley Moderator

Wishful thinking, but I hope it's an anime series. I read in a survey that KH is one of the most requested games to get an animated adaptation in Japan.

9. Takao

Takao Fight the darkness all around

If it were those two things, do you think he'd admit to it in an interview? ;)

10. Gold Guy

Gold Guy This ain't Pokemon!

Oh my, that would be awesome!

11. OnePark

OnePark גורל

I'm not saying it isn't but he outright states it's not them. Unless he's trolling... in which case I'd rather him tackle something else (like finish Versus so we can get III).

12. spartanx54

spartanx54 New Member

Oh I would pay good money to see that.

If anything a new Kingdom Hearts should be on the Vita, it really needs a killer app for Japan.

13. Lanmanna

Lanmanna New Member

Remake of Re:Coded.

14. The Man in Black

The Man in Black I have 5 of broats

I'd rather not have more portable games.. I'm at least personally annoyed because games I want to play and feel could have been on a console keep being released for handhelds only i.e. FFVII: Crisis Core, Dissidia, all KH games besides 1, 2 and the remake of CoM..