King of the Hill Talkback: "Bill's House" (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The toonzone - General Animation Discussion' started by Dr. Daedalus, Nov 6, 2005.

1. Dr. Daedalus

Dr. Daedalus I presume.

Yay! New KOTH after 2 months! Bill becomes a volunteer worker. Let's see how this plays out.

2. Sr.Infierno

Sr.Infierno New Member

Pretty good episode

They need to put Bill out of his misery, he can be so pathetic

3. creativerealms

creativerealms New Member

I was afraid this was going to be one of those, "Bill does something that makes him happy and then later turns it into an obsession" episodes. I was glad that it ended up not being one of those episodes. Not too bad really.

4. Sr.Infierno

Sr.Infierno New Member

We've had enough of those episodes.

We barely ever get a Dale-centered episode anymore, or Boomhauer

5. Wanted

Wanted Toonmaster

If it's feeling helpful that Bill likes, then they need to make an episode where he adopts a kid...

I liked this episode... very funny. I need to start picking up Hill boxed sets.

6. Dr. Daedalus

Dr. Daedalus I presume.

Best LOL gag was Hank getting winded from walking to the truck and sleeping in the driveway (complete with Dale thinking he was dead). Another good one was Dale's super long straw leading to beer, when he's supposed to be drinking iced tea instead. Also, I loved the fast-talking guy who masks his withdrawl from alcohol behind a super positive demeanor.

The main plot was kind of reminiscent of "'Twas the Nut Before Christmas" from Season 5, but the residents were a lot less sinister.

The subplot with Bobby teaching Peggy how to ride a bike was....... there. It had the potential for clever material but it was mostly role reversal which got old quickly. Seriously, most of KOTH's subplots in the last couple of seasons have been weak. They should either beef up their A story so a B story isn't needed or just make better B plots.

7. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Steven Sword!

That would have been a lot funnier! I'd like to see that....too bad I won't.

When I realized Bill was the focus again, I held my breath. Especially when he reached for the bottle of ipecac syrup; good thing Hank caught him and this didn't turn into yet another "Bill's neediness drives everyone insane" episode. I like the fact that even BILL can be turned off if you make things bad enough for him. This episode shows he has a good heart, though, and he doesn't deserve the life he has.

Say what you will about the subplot, but I liked the bit where Peggy was doing fine on the bike, then Dale reminded her Bobby wasn't holding on and she fell. That's about right.

You know what I really want to see? One more Connie-centric episode. There have barely been any, and I realize coming up with something for her to do might be tough, but we don't see her often enough.

8. 90'sCartoonMan

90'sCartoonMan Punch Drunk Flounder

Whoops, forgot about this thread...

So yeah, it was pretty funny. I think Dale got the best lines, you usually can't go wrong with his comments.

The Peggy/Bobby thing wasn't bad. I liked it, but I wish it had a more satisfying ending.

I've actually wanted the series to end like that (where Bill is concerned anyway). The guy's got a lot of love to give.