King of the Hill "Care-Takin' Care of Business" Talkback (3-13)

Discussion in 'The toonzone - General Animation Discussion' started by Peter Paltridge, Mar 14, 2005.

1. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Steven Sword! Moderator

Once again, good stuff. They developed the character of "Lucky" further and Luanne reverted to crazy trailer-trash tastes in men again. He's no Buckley though. "hey." "no, they're for me, for later." Ah, Buckley.....we need his angel back for another episode.

Sadly, the station that was broadcasting this one goofed up and hit a wrong button, showing two local ads over Act 2 starting with the radio interview. I missed about two minutes....what happened in there?

2. 90'sCartoonMan

90'sCartoonMan Punch Drunk Flounder Reporter

Act...Two? Uh, I'm not sure what you missed. Maybe the part where Hank and co. start tending to the field?

Anyway, good episode. Although Lucky may not be Buckley, I laughed every time Luanne said the word "redneck". It just sounded so funny.

The best part of the episode was Hank's clothesline to Dale.

3. Dr. Daedalus

Dr. Daedalus I presume. Moderator Reporter

Missed this one- I was writing a paper for class.

4. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Steven Sword! Moderator

TV shows are divided into "acts" because of the commercial breaks. Act 2 was between ad breaks 1 and 2.

5. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Bonehead

It was okay, but as I care about Luanne it was VERY disappointing that she fell for another trashy guy. At least Buckley was her age.

The episode was okay but KotH has done so many episodes like this in the past. The crazy old guy, the solution of using a little-known rule, this is all old hat. Still, King of the Hill is miles better than most stuff on television. ***1/2.

6. Jon Hanson

Jon Hanson Mr. Misery

I really liked it and thought it was miles ahead of tonights Simpsons. Not the best episode ever, but still highly enertaining. I love how the show has stayed true to it's roots and is still entertaing after all these years. Oh no, it would apear that I have gotten off topic. Anyways, as far as KotH goes I'd give it a B. A solid and entertainging episode.

7. 90'sCartoonMan

90'sCartoonMan Punch Drunk Flounder Reporter

I knew that, I was just trying to remember what you could've missed. My mind just sorta clumps the whole thing together. Maybe you missed something with Luanne and Lucky's friends.

Fone, I'm going to have to agree with you on re-used plots. The field guy reminded me of that crazy barber.