"Kill la Kill" Coming Fall 2013 (Trigger)

Discussion in 'The Anime Forum' started by Sarada, Jun 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sarada

Sarada Reporter

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2013
  2. GingaDaiuchuu

GingaDaiuchuu Active Member

3. Sarada

Sarada Reporter

4. MDawg

MDawg Nerfariously planning

...for the low, low cost of $400, and you'll be lucky if they even subtitle it since they're giving it back to the purist "fans." :p

5. GingaDaiuchuu

Looks like Aniplex is expecting as much from Trigger's first series as the rest of us. With the way things have been going, I figured AoA will probably get all the Aniplex productions before they air, but this is still extremely early. Hopefully it does in fact live up to those expectations enough that AoA will give it a really nice release and I'll be inspired to pay for it.

6. Lord Dalek

Lord Dalek Uncreative Hack

7. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator

Say what you will about Aniplex's "collector" products (which I have!), but nearly everything they get ends up being available far and wide online and stays that way. So, there is that. I'm hoping this will get thrown on Daisuki so the world can get to see more of what Trigger is up to.

8. GingaDaiuchuu

God I hope not. Cruchyroll does everything perfectly, and while Daisuki certainly isn't as terrible as, say, FUNimation at simulcasts, their site, player, and model are all so far inferior that their existence is a detriment to simulcasts, at least for AoA so far. They still gave all but one to Crunchyroll this season, so I'm hoping for the best for Kill la Kill as well, but with Daisuki having started to cause damage, there's no telling how much worse it might get.

9. Lord Dalek

At least Daisuki has embraced YouTube, can't say that about CrunchyPayTheToll.

10. GingaDaiuchuu

It's like five bucks a month (I might even get it for cheaper than that since they always have it really cheap for a holiday sale) for literally more content than you could possibly watch, all in the highest quality anywhere, without any ads, on a player that, while YouTube's is probably the next best, is really the best out there, as soon as it airs in Japan, and available for free users a week later. Daisuki has yet to put their one simulcast on their YouTube channel, 6 episodes into its run.

11. Sarada

Sarada Reporter

To say nothing of CrunchyRoll's two hundred thousand subscribers as opposed to Daisuki's far fewer. That is sure to help pull in the dough.

12. GingaDaiuchuu

Yeah, I think Crunchyroll is getting shows to plenty of viewers.

13. Lord Dalek

Its Monogatari, thats no great loss.

14. GingaDaiuchuu

I'm glad our discussion of the merits of streaming service is based on your personal dislike for a particular series. I'm sure the only reason they haven't put it on YouTube is because you don't like it, and they'll be sure to add all their future simulcasts to YouTube in HD as soon as they air! As long as you like them, of course!

15. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator

Hey now, most of Crunchyroll's content doesn't demand a subscription. Wait a week and new anime is free, as is what's become a huge library beyond what's new in a given season.

Compare and contrast selection between Crunchyroll and Daisuki. These sites are not mutually exclusive to each other at all. I bring up Daisuki as a hopeful possiblity simply in the interest of breaking down region locking where possible. Viewers all over saw & adored Little Witch Academia, and as a fan I much prefer that they get to follow up on that interest in Trigger with this show.

16. GingaDaiuchuu

Daisuki has only had one simulcast, and it forced the Crunchyroll stream to be delayed by a month. I'm happy for Daisuki to get whatever it can, just not for simulcasts.

Aniplex's Daisuki simulcast this season is available in the US, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa. Their three Crunchyroll simulcasts are all available in the US, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Central and South America. There is literally nothing good about them giving a simulcast to Daisuki.

17. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator

I do not agree. The more venues where it is available, the bigger the audience is liable to be. Especially if crossposting episodes to Youtube is going to be the norm for them.

18. GingaDaiuchuu

Again, they have to put a single episode of their one simulcast on YouTube. If they do, then I'd agree that some people will see it there who wouldn't necessarily go to Crunchyroll, but at this rate the simulcast period may be over by the time they do, in which case they might as well just get the titles after they've aired and streamed on Crunchyroll. As you pointed out, there's plenty of overlap, so it would be much better for Crunchyroll to get the series as it airs and for Daisuki to add it later. And like Jacob said, Crunchyroll has 200k+ subscribers (and considering how quickly it jumped from 100k to 200k and how long it's been since we got the 200k report, who knows what it's actually at now?) plus god only knows how many free members and viewers without accounts. The people who wouldn't know to go to Crunchyroll and would only find the series if it was on YouTube likely aren't the ones who know when each new episode airs and demand to see it as soon as that happens, so I'd say the hundreds of thousands of Crunchyroll viewers are a good start for the first little while, and then Daisuki can follow afterwards.

19. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator

Here's our first Kill La Kill commercial that's showing actual TV footage for the first time. It definitely reminds me a bit of Gurren Lagann (and G Gundam) when they're fighting at high speed and you've got that flurry of fists going on!

[video=youtube_share;PYmV8uwoynE]http://youtu.be/PYmV8uwoynE[/video].

20. Sarada

Sarada Reporter

The small bits of fighting animation looked great. The diving girl looked like something out of Nichijou, too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.