kids wb vs 4kidstv vs jetix

Discussion in 'Saturday Morning Forever!' started by qadleez, Aug 27, 2017.

1. qadleez

qadleez Active Member

Which one was the most popular when they were all airing and which got the highest ratings or viewers

• Like Like x 1
  2. jaylop97

jaylop97 Well-Known Member

I'd say Kids'WB given how well known was the block and how it as the big help for Pokemon something very popular at the time, and having a good selection of shows as well, compared to the others mainly being international products.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Red Arrow :D

Red Arrow :D Proud Beneluxer

Internationally it's definitely Jetix. Kids WB only existed in the US, Bulgaria and Australia. 4kidstv was US-only.

Jetix was a quite well known brand in America, Europe, Australia, Northern Africa and parts of Asia.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Golden Geek

Golden Geek Gera Gera Po

Kids WB! soared in the United States, as it was during a time when Saturday morning cartoons were still relevant and turned up high ratings - plus they had Pokemon.

I'm sure plenty of kids watched 4kids and Jetix, but Jetix was on cable and 4kids never quite got as far as Kids WB!, who had weekday morning and afternoon blocks at one point.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

In the U.S., I think Kids' WB was the most popular out of the three blocks. They had a weekday afternoon block on top of their Saturday morning block. It was pretty successful before Pokemon, but having Pokemon definitely gave the block even more good ratings. It lasted quite some time too. Even after the afternoon block was taken off, they had the Saturday morning block for another couple of years.

Jetix probably was second since it was on cable and it had more International success than any of the other blocks. Plus, it was popular enough to take over Toon Disney's channel, even though I don't think people liked that at the time. I just miss when it was on ABC Family and that channel had cartoon series. 4KidsTV probably had some good ratings, but they were getting into the Saturday morning block game as it was becoming more and more out dated and not being able to get an afternoon block like Kids' WB did probably didn't help them out either.

6. ToonJay723

ToonJay723 Bingo Bongo

From the looks of it, Kids' WB did the best, followed by 4KidsTV, then Jetix on ABC Family.

• Like Like x 1
  7. qadleez

qadleez Active Member

Guys im not talking jetix on cable im taking about jetix on abc family. Sorry for the mix up. Also i checked and i found out jetix had weekday block too on abc family.

• Like Like x 1
  8. TheMisterManGuy

TheMisterManGuy Active Member

I don't really think this comparison works well. Kids' WB! was for all intents and purposes, a network in and of itself, at least until it moved to The CW. It not only programmed outside of Saturday Mornings, but it also had it's own program development staff, ratings reports, and executives separate from The WB. A much better comparison to Kids' WB! would be Fox Kids, who also operated as a sort of mini-network, and for the longest time, was Kids' WB!'s biggest rival.

As for 4kidsTV and Jetix, well those comparisons don't really work either. 4kidsTV was where all of 4kids' non-Pokemon, non-Yu-gi-oh! afterthought crap went when 4kids bought the remaining corpse of Fox Kids after it was sold to Disney, and Jetix was Disney's TV label created to archive much of this acquired programming, that in addition to being on cable.

• Like Like x 1
  9. ToonJay723

ToonJay723 Bingo Bongo

ABC Family is cable.

10. qadleez

qadleez Active Member

Oh really? Sine when i remember having that channel without cable like 8-9 years ago.

11. wonderfly

wonderfly Shaking things up a bit
    Staff Member Administrator

"4Kids TV" (also known as the "FoxBox" in it's early years) is what replaced the old Fox Kids programming block on the FOX channel. It existed from 2002 to 2008. But apparently that's the programming block that aired the 2003 Ninja Turtles, so they had that going for it, at least. (I thought the 2003 Ninja Turtles aired on Kids WB?!? My memory of Saturday Morning cartons is hazy for this period).

But it was never as popular as Kids WB was from 2002 to 2008. Well, admittedly, both programming blocks were in their death throes in 2007/2008.

My memory of "Jetix" is that it was a branch of the Disney channel on cable...it replaced Toon Disney in 2004, right? A lot of it was made from the leftover residue of the old Fox Kids block (as far as new material, it seemed to mostly focus on "Power Rangers" live action stuff...though if I recall, they did air new Digimon material for a while).

I think others above are correct: "Jetix" was probably the most popular, overseas. But here in the USA, it was "Kids WB", no question.