1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Kid-Friendly Fantastic 4 Reboot

Discussion in 'Marvel Live-Action Movies and Television' started by Mostezli, Jun 20, 2017.

?

Excited?

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  2. No

8 vote(s)
    72.7%
  1. Red Arrow :D

Red Arrow :D Proud Beneluxer

So that's why we haven't seen a Fantastic Four cartoon in a while : / Will Fox ever lose the rights to the Fantastic Four?

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Egon1982

Egon1982 Member

Come on Fox, give up already! this will bomb and the rights will go back to Marvel and we need Galactus and Silver Surfer in the MCU

• Like Like x 1
  3. MDawg

MDawg Nerfariously planning

They have seven years from when they put out a movie to make another one or they lose the rights. That's why that travesty Fant4stic got made. They were nearly out if time and had to scramble.

Fox didn't want another Daredevil situation where when Marvel got the rights back they completely shamed Fox and made it a successful property again. That makes the executives who gave it up look bad for dumping a potential money maker.

So basically Fox's choices are continually churn out garbage in a mad dash to keep the rights or lose them and watch Marvel demolish them yet again with capable production skills and care.

It's a bad situation for Fox to be in really since they're always going to be at a disadvantage with only ticket sales and home media purchases backing up this and any of their Marvel properties and zero merchandise to make money off of for them.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. dmxx116

dmxx116 Well-Known Member

Then Fox is going to waste more money on this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Red Arrow :D

Okay, now I hate this movie as well :sweat:

(Fun fact: Cartoon Network in Europe kept airing Fantastic Four World's Greatest Heroes till January 2017, but they only aired it at night (10PM-6AM) from 2010 onwards)

#25 Red Arrow :D, Jun 22, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
  6. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

• Informative Informative x 3
  7. Red Arrow :D

Sorry for bumping this thread, but I have another question. Is it possible that Marvel will make another Fantastic Four cartoon just like they did in 2006?

(Assuming World's Greatest Heroes wasn't made by FOX)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Greg91

Greg91 Member
    Reporter

This probably belongs in the Marvel Animation Forum, but we haven't seen the Fantastic Four in animation for a while outside of a cameo in Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. In my opinion, we won't see a Fantastic Four or X-Men animated series for a while. Newsarama had a solid article about the Fantastic Four in current comics and how the movies maybe affecting them.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

It feels like years since I've said this myself and it makes me sad. At least with the X-Men, something crazy could happen. We've seen three series being pushed into development, and one's animated. Maybe they'll realize they need to target kids, too? I can only hope. It doesn't feel as though anyone really sees the FF as a real priority sadly. I hope that changes soon.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Mostezli

Mostezli Corroborating with EVIL

Fox don't have the merchandising incentive for that.

If this Jr Franklins movie has been picked up by the rumor mill, it's just coinciding with the rising trend of kid/teen superhero adaptations.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Magmaster12

Magmaster12 Well-Known Member

In all honesty I have pretty strong droughts this will get made, the stockholders of News Corp would be pretty unhappy if part of there investment went to yet another bomb keep in mind the 2015 FF got a lot of blame for lower shares. This seems more like a power play to get money out of Disney to buy the rights from them rather then giving to them for free after the rights lapse. Feel sorry for the writers but at leastleast they'll probably get paid. This seems to be like a game of poker Fox is laying down the money while Disney is trying to find out if they are bluffing.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I guess Millar seems to still have some influence with the Fox Marvel movies :sweat:.

14. Magmaster12

Magmaster12 Well-Known Member

They couldn't even get an actual writer to work on this crap.

• Funny Funny x 1