1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Kid-Friendly Fantastic 4 Reboot

Discussion in 'Marvel Live-Action Movies and Television' started by Mostezli, Jun 20, 2017.

?

Excited?

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  2. No

8 vote(s)
    72.7%
  1. Mostezli

Mostezli Corroborating with EVIL

[​IMG]

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/06/20/new-fantastic-four-movie-fox-kids-rumours/

• Informative Informative x 3
  2. Magmaster12

Magmaster12 Well-Known Member

Well this is just stupid on so many levels

They tried making Rise of Silver Surfer more kid friendly by letting it have PG rating and that did more harm.

Live action kids movies are not big money makers especially ones like this one which will require a moderately large budget.

Nobody wants this at all if anything this going to get fans even more riled up, I'd more than willing to boycott all Fox movies in the future until they drop their pettiness.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

After the loss they took with the last one, that I don't think anyone wanted, I thought they'd give up. But this rumor sounds like they just want to make something tonally the opposite of the last one.

I don't have a problem really with something FF being done from the perspective of the kids to some degree. I always thought Franklin's adventures, like what his old all-ages comics were centered around, would be fun stories for animation, etc. The stories require an established FF though, and no one would be interested in what the kids of the FF are doing if they aren't already interested in the FF and Fox has never helped anyone become interested in the FF. Right now I have no faith in them getting it. I'd think they could try on tv but FF adventures require motion picture dollars.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Mostezli

I honestly assumed it would finally be handled by an animation studio since The Incredibles was namedropped. There's not much at the moment to go by, so I just put this in the live-action forum for now.

• Like Like x 1
  5. General Mike

General Mike Member

Fox just needs to give it up. I'm not sure what Fantastic 4 is worth to Disney, but it wasting away at Fox is not helping anyone.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

It feels like Fox is trying to take the FF in the complete opposite direction they took the last film which I don't think is a sign of confidence in the property on their part, honestly :sweat:.

I mean, I'd love to see Franklin and Valeria get some love, and the premise sounds like it could be fun, but I just don't think it's something they should go for rather then doing a proper and good Fantastic Four movie :ack:.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. AnotherRandomGuy

AnotherRandomGuy The cat's in the cradle

Sounds like they got the wrong lesson from Fantastic Four 2015....again.

Can the FF just take a break for a while? There doesn't need to be another adaptation this soon, especially when the last one actively hurt the brand.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. General Mike

General Mike Member

I don't think they know how to make a good one.

9. MDawg

MDawg Nerfariously planning

So they're basically making a Power Pack movie. Doesn't Fox have the rights to them as well due to the licensing?

Fingers crossed this never sees the light of day and Fox finally has to hand over the rights back to Marvel due to a lack of a production.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

I could have sworn Marvel Studios had Power Pack but it would be interesting if Fox did. They'd be a perfect property for Disney to get their mitts on, ala Big Hero 6.

I was really hoping for the Fantastic Four rights to lapse like the Daredevil rights did before they started production on Fant4stic. I guess I didn't try enough black magic or something. I couldn't predict the movie crashing and burning the way it did though. Josh Trank seems to be the person that took most of the hit that time.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. JoeMabbon

JoeMabbon Marble

There's a silver lining to this. It means Fox realized that the world does not need a fourth live-action Fantastic Four origin story.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Zeether

Zeether Victory!

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

You forgot the goat, didn't you?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts

So... guess this still continues to be relevant.

Again FOX needs to at least be in production of a Fantastic Four movie once every seven years or so. Since technically FOX was like supposedly weeks away from losing the FF in 2014 before they put the Josh Trank film quickly into production. So that means this has until... 2022 to go into production before FOX offiically loses the right. And yeah hard to say if this is true or not but we have heard from executives of them still wanting to make a Fantastic Four movie and it seems obvious FOX is taking every failure with the FF and going the exact opposite direction even if that still doesn't work.

As for why they don't give the rights back to Marvel I think they still feel the group is more profitable with them then not. Like someone must think eventually they'll make enough of a profit to justify not just giving back the rights even though it won't be with ideas like this. Whether this is live action or animated it's obviously this will be irrevelant when there's stuff like Incredibles 2 and the Animated Miles Moralies Spider Man movie in addition to likely other kid aimed for animated super hero flicks. You're not really going to sell this movie against other stiff compettition especially with such a faulty brand as the FF have been cinematic wise.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

Like others have said...this basically sounds like a Power Pack film. :p

I mean...I dunno. I find myself shrugging helplessly right now. I'm tired of FOX trying (and failing) to adapt the Fantastic Four.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. jaylop97

jaylop97 Commonly found at Night

I see they are trying this now, quite honestly this effort is just going to be another effort nothing worse or better at this point, I think they are still in the same spot that the last movie is in and for their sake maybe it is a step up at least :sweat:.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Red Arrow :D

Red Arrow :D Proud Beneluxer

Guys, even those other movies are made for kids. Even if almost everyone will think they are not, they are mostly made to sell toys to kids. Putting adult stuff into them gives it a "coolness factor" for kids, and makes sure the movie stays popular. (For example, you won't find Green Lantern toys anymore, because it was a flop amongst adults, so children don't know anymore that it exists :eek:)

I remember Iron Man 4 was dubbed into Belgian Dutch here in theaters. I remember seeing the trailer and everyone was laughing their ass off xD Pirates of the Carribbean 4 (I think?) was also dubbed into Belgian Dutch.

Dubs are considered for children who can't read, so yeah. These movies are meant to sell toys.

(The subtitled versions were obviously watched a lot more than the dubbed version)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Checkerboard

Checkerboard THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS

Please tell me this isn't real.

19. MDawg

MDawg Nerfariously planning

The thing is, they (Fox) can't sell toys for a Fantastic Four movie. Marvel has the rights to the brand outside of movies and they have zero interest in doing anything to help Fox make money (which would only exist in added ticket sales, again due to Marvel owning all merch rights), so if they made this terrible-sounding movie, there would be no added money to be made, making the entire thing rather foolish.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  20. Mostezli

The funny part is I could've sworn someone had this in mind in discussion of the last one.

• Like Like x 1