Kick Buttowski is cancelled

Discussion in 'Disney/Pixar Forum' started by Cartoon Ruler, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Cartoon Ruler

Cartoon Ruler I Feel Happy!

Well, that tears it. Kick Buttowski: Suburban Daredevil aired its final episode ("Last Fan Standing") on Disney XD last Sunday at 8PM and now its done. Darn, I was really getting into this show. :sad:

Well at least we have reruns airing on Disney XD. So there's that. :)

On a similar note, Tron: Uprising and Motorcity has the potential of being cancelled soon, considering both shows will premiere its new remaining episodes on Sunday nights at midnight.

It looks like Disney Channel doesn't care about cartoons anymore...

2. Martin Juneau

Martin Juneau Cartoon/comic-artist

Wow! That's surprising!

In animation, it looks like the sole shows Disney still ran are Phineas & Ferb and Gravity Falls (Which newer episodes seems to drop in quality anyway). Fish Hooks seems to be over from i seen, but never saw the potential. I really scare for the future animations projects they will currently working on.

3. StellaMagic

StellaMagic New Member

I just hope for Motorcity, they show an explosive finale about the team defeating Kane and getting Detroit back the way it was.

4. Dudley

Dudley Moderator

Yeah, I figured this was going to be canceled for a while now. Ah well. The show at times was a lot of fun.
    I just saw the last episode, I don't think I saw any of Kick's family members, but we did see practically everyone else!

5. dothesmartthing

dothesmartthing Happy's happy. Are you happy?

Did Disney XD really air the last episode of Kick Buttowski this past Sunday? "Brad's Diary/Sew What" were to air at 8 PM according to a TV guide.

6. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi

It was a cute little show. Sort of sad to see it again. I liked Kick and his voice.

7. The Talon

The Talon New Member

Wait, did Kick & Kendall ever become a couple?

8. Cartoon Ruler

Cartoon Ruler I Feel Happy!

Sadly, no. I'm guessing the writers would leave that behind. Sometimes, couples in cartoons would usually phase off. I always thought Kick and Kendall would make a cute pairing.

Now the only good cartoons running on Disney Channel/XD are Phineas and Ferb, Gravity Falls and 9th Grade Ninja. I really wish Disney would produced more animated projects (besides Wander Over Yonder). Fish Hooks is basically a Disney tweencom, only animated. Plus, it isn't very good at its writing. Every second, we have to see every character scream for no purpose reason. I know, it's obnoxious. Hopefully, it'll improved by later in season 2.

Back on topic, I thought Kick Buttowski was a pretty decent show. Watching a 12-year-old boy with a deep voice doing stunts was thrilling. On the other hand, Brad (Kick's older brother) was inspired by Vicky (from Fairly OddParents) and was the antagonist/obnoxious jerk of the show and bullied Kick among his friends, but he did had a good love-hate relationship with Kick (even though he calls him a dilweed). So there's that. My other least favorite characters were Gunther, Jackie and of course Kendall.

This show will be missed, but again, there will always be reruns on Disney XD.

9. MotorBug2005

MotorBug2005 New Member

I'm starting to doubt whether Disney XD actually did air the last 2 episodes at their scheduled times and days. I say this because "Goodbye, Gully" (the second to last episode), along with its companion episode "Bad Car-ma", was uploaded onto iTunes but then taken down after less than 24 hours.

Also the TV Guide website has the last 2 episodes and their respective companion episodes as airing on December 2 back-to-back. Can anyone confirm that these 2 episodes aired at their scheduled times and days?

10. SF4Ever

SF4Ever New Member

This is a real bad move on Disney's part, allowing a show like Kick Buttowski: Suburban Daredevil to crash and burn like this, now, both Motorcity and Tron: Uprising might meet the same fate, too. I didn't like hearing the news about Star Wars: The Clone Wars moving from Cartoon Network to Disney XD, because if that show gets scheduled for after midnight, it may also crash and burn and we may all call for Disney's head over such bad scheduling. Too bad, it seems that Disney no longer respects TV cartoons as much as archrival Warner Bros., and this kind of bad scheduling appears to be further proof of that. Wake up, Disney!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2012
  11. TXToonGuy1037

TXToonGuy1037 New Member

I agree with all of this. Plus the writing quality of the show began to drop soon after Hand in Hand/Luigi Vendetta and Kart to Kart/Kyle 2.0. Sure some episdoes still came out good but horrible and unbearable episodes right before 2012. I wish we could we make another series concerning Kick in the style of Sonic (SATAM) making the original 2010 cartoon look like The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog.

12. ShadowBeast

ShadowBeast Active Member

Turning them into Sonic style is as bad an idea as was Disney cancelling the series. Sonic is it's own series and we don't need other shows copying that.

13. TXToonGuy1037

TXToonGuy1037 New Member

You got a point there, never mind then.