1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Justice League "Wild Card" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by Bird Boy, Dec 6, 2003.

?

Rate and Post Your Comments on "Wild Card"

1. *****

72 vote(s)
    44.7%
  2. **** 1/2

34 vote(s)
    21.1%
  3. ****

30 vote(s)
    18.6%
  4. *** 1/2

11 vote(s)
    6.8%
  5. ***

4 vote(s)
    2.5%
  6. ** 1/2

1 vote(s)
    0.6%
  7. **

4 vote(s)
    2.5%
  8. * 1/2

3 vote(s)
    1.9%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Well that sucked.

2 vote(s)
    1.2%
  1. Joker1238

Joker1238 Active Member

yeah the last Joker showing. Tobad though.

DCAU always had SHOCKING movements.

Ace dieing.

Darksied zapping Kirk.

Superman vs Marvel

Joker doing what he did to Tim Drake and the conclusion of the Batman Joker battle.

First time we saw the Joker's smilex in laughing fish.

Mad Loved.

Superman working for Darksied and being brainwash.

And others that are shocking.

One of the tops of the list, was Ace driving Joker more insane than normal. Seeing Joker lieing there in a vacate stare like that, had me freak. My favor villian, GOT that lol. All though he may have earn it, it was still pretty shocking to see it happing to the Joker.

2. Grimlock

Grimlock Active Member

Who's kirk??

3. Stu

Stu Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
    Staff Member Administrator

I'm pretty sure he meant Turpin. C'mon fellas, when was the most shocking time Darkseid zapped someone? It's not rocket science...

I love this episode, as it consits of The Joker having a riot and not caring who or what gets in his way. It sort of reminds me of The Batman Adventures #3, when The Joker gets his own TV show. Still, some brilliant Joker lines here. "Will true love conquer all? Not on my show!" :D

4. Wonderwall

Wonderwall Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

And who can forget " While I'd love to see my boys pummel the Flash, I've learned from hard experience that it always to keep an eye on bat guano." and who doesn't love his version of london bridge is falling down.

5. Cortez2301

Cortez2301 Active Member

Good 2-parter.Part 1 was a comedy,part 2 was horror and suspense.The weirdest thing was how quickly those men died after joker sprayed the gas.I thought it was supposed to make them laugh to death.It was really funny with all the camera bits and joker being the host.Worth the watch.4 stars for me.

6. Jazzie

Jazzie Member

Something I just noticed, who was the dude with the mousehead mask and the cappucino walking behind the Joker while he was on air?

7. Cortez2301

Cortez2301 Active Member

which part was it?I'll check it now.

8. Trevor Balena

Trevor Balena Active Member

It was in Part 2, while Joker is explaining how crazy Ace is going to make everyone. I just assumed that it was a random crazy thing thrown in to show us that we, the audience, were starting to hallucinate.

9. Cortez2301

Cortez2301 Active Member

oh.Man that hallucination thing really confused the audience there.It almost made me throw up.That was one hell of an episode though.

10. Joker1238

Joker1238 Active Member

Well watching it, we at least knew how Batman felt(He did thown up) lol

11. warnerbroman

warnerbroman Active Member

poor Harley Quinn when will she ever learn?

12. Antiyonder

Antiyonder Amalgam Universe Overlord
    Staff Member Moderator

As we see around the end of Return Of The Joker, she did finally move on after The Joker's death.

13. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

I love how they got the Teen Titans cast to do the Royal Flush Gang voices. This is one of my personal favorite eps

I always love seeing the RFG in action, whether its Superfriends, Batman Beyond or Justice League

It's funny that when Justice League was on Boomerang every night, I took it for granted and wished they'd show JLU. Now that all I ever catch them showing is JLU, its great to just end up on Boomerang by accident and catch this insane marathon. Its like I'm being rewarded for something I didn't do

14. dtemplar

dtemplar Old School Professor
    Reporter

The funniest quote came from The Joker when he's kicking Batman:

"Big ol' Bats has falling down,
    On the ground, mind unsound.
    Big ol' Bats has falling down,
    I'm soooo happy!"

15. DisneyBoy

DisneyBoy Searchin' My Soul

Really? I felt the poor timing of the lines (there were large pauses to cut away and show Bats getting the boot) really hampered the effect.

Really not a favourite episode of mine. The Hawkgirl/John stuff is classic, no question...but Joker really doesn't seem funny at all here. Just grating. And the 24 format really loses it's appeal when the Royal Flush Gang are as dull as this. We've seen all these powers before...so it's not too interesting to me.

16. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Not even Joker's "What's with those two?" line?

17. JTMarsh

JTMarsh Wing Commander

I always thought it was funny that the Royal Flush gang was voiced by the Teen Titans cast.

Loved how Flash saved the day, and Joker's reaction to Flash saving the day.

Superman Vs. Ten is definitely in my top 5 favorite Superman animated fights.

Am I the only one who thought Hawkgirl looked kind of like Ariel from Little Mermaid once that mask came off?

18. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

Yeah, this was one of the best two-partes in the entire series! Joker was as cool as ever in this two-parter, and shows how cunning he can really be. The script and battles were solid.

To be honest, I didn't care for the Royal Flush Gang. They just seemed like a bunch of losers, I guess.:sweat:

The ending was also kinda sweet, and Hawkgirl looks pretty without her helmet.

19. Bobbywoodhogan

Bobbywoodhogan I Will Find Him!

This episode is alot of fun and typical Joker gotta love it. I used to think its a shame this was the final time we saw the Joker in the DCAU BUT it actually is a great last episode for the Joker, it was so random and crazy and the Joker was clearly the star of the show.

If I had to complain thought this might aswell have been a Batman episode cause Batman was pretty much in charge of everything (I thought the JL came off as dumb sometimes in this episode). It did always bug me how Bruce Timm and co always seemed to make the Batman out to be god like in this show (its like in Epilogue with the the world always needs a Batman, tell that to the Legion of Superheroes) and Superman was often portrayed as a mindless warrior at times but that is a minor nitpick about the DCAU.

Also the Royal Flush Gang was far better in Batman Beyond but I guess having them have super powers was just so the Justice League would have someone to fight.

Anyway a good episode 4 out of 5.

20. suss2it

suss2it Active Member

My only complaint about these two episodes, is that Joker (Mark Hamil) didn't do his laugh.