1. Episode 12 of the Toonzone Podcast is live! Listen to it here: http://www.toonzone.net/toonzone-podcast-episode-12/

We discuss the 2017 Best Animated Feature and Best Animated Short Oscar winners and nominees, what video games we're playing, what upcoming games we’re looking forward to, what’s different about the Nintendo Switch launch vs. the Wii or Wii U, why we loved the original Samurai Jack run and what we're looking forward to in the Season 5 premiere, which had not yet aired at the time of recording.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Enter for a chance to win "Adventure Time: Islands" on DVD! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Justice League Unlimited: The Complete Series" Blu-ray Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Nov 10, 2015.

?

Justice League Unlimited: The Complete Series - Rate the Blu-ray release and Discuss it Below!

1. *****

50.0%
  2. ****1/2

50.0%
  3. ****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

At long last! The classic animated series has come to Blu-ray! Justice League Unlimited has arrived!

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Justice League Unlimited: The Complete Series
    Studio:
    Warner Archive, Warner Bros. Home Entertainment
    Release Date: November 10th, 2015

Synopsis: As the follow-up to the popular Justice League animated series, Justice League Unlimited ran from 2004-2006 and featured a huge canon of characters from the DC Comics library. After fighting off an alien invasion in the previous two-season Justice League series, our heroes find their ranks diminished and – with new dangers arising at an ever-increasing pace – the remaining crime fighters realize that protecting the entire world is going to take more technology and more manpower. A lot more. The original seven Justice Leaguers – Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash, J'onn J'onzz, Green Lantern and Hawkgirl – are now joined by an unlimited selection of allies including Green Arrow, Supergirl and Black Canary. But some think all this power is too much power and a conspiracy against them grows. After years of foiled plots and repeated beatings, the galaxy's worse villains finally have a plan: strength in numbers! Led by Lex Luthor, the Legion of Doom prepares to dominate the universe. First order of business: destroy the Justice League!

Bonus Features:
    - Creator’s Commentary on the episodes "This Little Piggy" and "The Return"
    -"And Justice for All": a featurette on the process of revamping the series with new characters and a new creative direction
    -"Cadmus Exposed": Mark Hamill and series creative personnel discuss this popular series story arc
    - "Justice League Chronicles": The series' writers, producers and directors discuss their favorite moments among final season episodes.

Episodes:
    #39. Destroyer, #38. Alive!, #37. Ancient History, #36. Far From Home, #35. Grudge Match, #34. The Great Brain Robbery, #33. Patriot Act, #32. Dead Reckoning, #31. Flash and Substance, #30. To Another Shore, #29. Chaos at Earth's Core, #28. Shadow of the Hawk, #27. I Am Legion, #26. Epilogue, #25. Divided We Fall, #24. Panic in the Sky, #23. Flashpoint, #22. Question Authority, #21. Hunter's Moon, #20. Clash, #19. Double Date, #18. The Balance, #17. Task Force X, #16. The Doomsday Sanction, #15. The Ties That Bind, #14. The Cat & The Canary, #13. The Once and Future Thing, Part 2: Time Warped, #12. The Once and Future Thing, Part 1: Wild Western Tales, #11. Wake the Dead, #10. Dark Heart, #9. Ultimatum, #8. The Greatest Story Never Told, #7. The Return, #6. This Little Piggy, #5. Kid Stuff, #4. Fearful Symmetry, #3. Hawk and Dove, #2. For The Man Who Has Everything, #1. Initiation

Please discuss the episodes in the appropriate talkbacks, links provided above. Please remember this thread is to discuss this Blu-ray release.

Discuss This Blu-ray!

Related Threads:
    -Justice League: The Complete Series DVD Talkback (Spoilers)
    -Justice League Unlimited: Season Two DVD Talkback (Spoilers)
    -Justice League Unlimited: Season One DVD Talkback (Spoilers)
    -Justice League: Season Two DVD/Blu-ray Talkback (Spoilers)
    -Justice League: Season One DVD/Blu-ray Talkback (Spoilers)

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. Additionally, please don't post for just the sake of posting. Have something of worth to add to the conversation. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

2. FireWarrior

FireWarrior The Ultimate Warrior

I hope this release fixes the audio glitch in Divided We Fall and the episode order of Question Authority and Hunter's Moon.

3. Splinter

Splinter Well-Known Member

Why would there be any worry about that? The audio glitch was a problem with the mastering for that particular DVD release. The order issue was from the DVD creators using the wrong info. Given that it's been about a decade since that DVD came out, the Justice League Unlimited episodes didn't have the audio glitch when they were extras on a DC DTV a few years ago, I think this is a non-issue.

I am hoping my order gets to me really fast. I bet this is going to be a great looking Blu-ray.

4. jkoolpe

jkoolpe Member

I received my copy on Tuesday. I was able to watch a bit, too :) .

Picture quality is of course very nice and clear as would be expected on a Blu-Ray.

My big disappointment (which I pretty much expected) was that the sound was not upgraded to a surround, 5.1 mix (as was done with JL Seasons 1 and 2 BluRay releases). With this release, we only get DTS 2.0 (stereo) sound.

Not a deal breaker for myself, but I was really hoping for a surround mix...oh well...I'll still recommend the set as the show is of course top notch. During its broadcast run, I'd say it was one of the best shows on TV, period. And it holds up very well to this day...

Jon

5. Shadow_X

Shadow_X Gotham's Shadow

Hi!

Just to confirm this, the audio glitch is gone and we have the correct episode order :)

And yes, the episodes look gorgeous :)

Later...

6. Pfeiffer-Pfan

Pfeiffer-Pfan Makin' Whoopee!

While it is absolutely wonderful that this series has made it's way to Blu-Ray, there are a few things I'd like to point out regarding the effort put into these releases.

This is clearly a low priority release for WB and the task has been given to Warner Archive. That's great and it's clear they are given no real money to market or manufacture these realeases, but some effort would be nice. A new cover or something that gives it a little extra polish wouldn't go a miss nor would some new special features.

If they can do it for Young Justice... they can do it for Justice League Unlimited. Now, I assume the Young Justice sets did not sell well enough and therefore WB/WA nixed the idea of new special features. But really, how hard would it have been to get a few extra commentary tracks on this thing? Susan Eisenberg (for e.g.) seems more than willing to talk at length about the show and would no doubt have given her time up for free. It's better than nothing.

In spite of all this, the main attraction is the 39 episodes contained within and it is a joy to see them looking this good. This should be an instant purchase for most... I miss this show and I miss the DCAU. They just aren't making them like this anymore.

7. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

The World’s Finest has published its review of the Justice League Unlimited: The Complete Series Blu-ray collection from Warner Archive and Warner Bros. Home Entertainment. It goes without saying that this is one release that fans need to add to their collection, as the studio has definitely done this series ample justice with its high-definition release. The full-length review of the Justice League Unlimited: The Complete Series Blu-ray release can be found by clicking the image below.

[​IMG]