"Justice League: Throne Of Atlantis" Feature Pre-Release News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Jun 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James Harvey

James Harvey Administrator

Welcome to the official pre-release discussion thread for the upcoming direct-to-video Justice League: Throne of Atlantis animated feature! The upcoming DC Universe Animated Original Movie title confirmed by Warner Bros. Home Entertainment - via Batman: Assault on Arkham official package artwork. Look no further to discuss any upcoming home video and feature news concerning this upcoming release!

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Justice League: Throne of Atlantis
    Coming January 27th, 2015 to Home Video and Digital Download!

For the latest news, check out The World's Finest and the newest posts in this thread!

For other related news, check out the "DC Universe" Animated Feature News & Discussion Thread.

Note: Title confirmed on Friday, June 27th, 2014 via Warner Bros. Home Entertainment.

2. Gold Guy

Gold Guy This ain't Pokemon!

Finally confirmed! We all knew this was coming, but I'm excited! I really enjoyed War, so I was always up for a sequel.

3. Dragonpiece

Dragonpiece New Member

Glad they are indeed adapting Throne Of Atlantis, so I guess they will officially confirm they are going the SupermanXWonder Woman route in this.

EDIT: It's going to be interesting have Shazam in the film this time.

4. Greg91

Greg91 Member

Cool, an adaptation of another comic I read. It will be cool to see if they expanded on the Superman/Wonder Woman relationship in the comics. Plus, Batman and Cyborg's roles in helping Aquaman with the army of Atlantis. The ocean rising over numerous cities; that should be visually spectacular. Plus, in the comics, Shazam was still going through his origins, and Green Lantern left the team. I wonder how that will be handled.

5. BigFatHairyDeal

BigFatHairyDeal Defender of the Universe

Definitely will be interesting to see how they handle Shazam. The Shazam/Cyborg friendship that Geoff Johns was building was pretty much announced during the Sneak Peek of War and it wasn't until Justice League 31 released this week that we finally got to see it in the comics. I'm glad to say what little we've seen in the comics and animation works well.

I thought this was a solid story arc, much better than Justice League Origins. I very much look forward to this one. I'm guessing it's coming out early 2015?

6. EmaHalJordan

EmaHalJordan Active Member

It is obvious that Hal Jordan will is member the team, in this continuity never went. Confirmed changes would be Green Lantern and Shazam are in the League, and Aquaman's approach will be different!

What I wonder is whether we will see the time when Cyborg recruit other heroes. Trinity War movie will not happen there is already a film Crime Syndicate (Crisis in 2 Earths), I hope to see Ray Palmer among these heroes! :)

7. brickrrb2

brickrrb2 Active Member

If it weren't for the fact that everyone in WAR was jerk I'd be excited

8. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.

Most likely. February 3, 2015 is the most probable date, imo.

lmao. You won't let it go. Movies in the DCU line up have already been done where they all get along, think as one, and act like a family. Why repeat themselves? Especially with a continuity. It would be a wasted opportunity. Better to watch the characters grow. They've already given Batman a bunch of character expansion. You don't think the events of War changed them, made them grow up a little? Time will have passed, too. Right, I'm probably talking to a brick wall here.

9. VladDraculi

VladDraculi New Member

What happened to the stand alone Aquaman movie? I don't want another Justice League movie, especially after the garbage that was War. I want to just watch Aquaman be given his own story with his own development that does not deal with a team that has already had 15 movies. Plus, I don't need to see any more dbag Superman and Captain Marvel.

10. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.

The one by Adam Green - "Aquaman: Hero of Atlantis"? That was 5 and a half years ago. Shelved I would say. Otherwise, it's been stated Aquaman would be 'given the spotlight' or 'featured' in an upcoming movie. Nothing about a solo/stand alone movie that I recall. Either you read a bad article or misinterpreted the hints.

Oh, so you've seen the movie already. Good. Is everyone else still awful, too?

11. Pfeiffer-Pfan

Pfeiffer-Pfan Makin' Whoopee!

While I'm by no means a huge fan of Justice League: War, I'm very much looking forward to this. 'Throne of Atlantis' was a much better arc in the comics with improved characterization and overall storytelling.

Some of the DCU movies have been really underwhelming recently (apart from The Flashpoint Paradox)... so I really hope Tucker and Co. can turn it around.

12. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Active Member

I didn't like War but Throne of Atlantis is also a stronger storyline than the first New 52 JLA arc. I wonder if they'll include Rhonda Pineda and Element Girl or just keep it smaller.

13. EmaHalJordan

EmaHalJordan Active Member

if they include Rhonda Pineda is to go straight to Trinity War, it would be strange since the Crime Sindicate had his own movie a few years ago. Perhaps it is replaced by Ray Palmer that appeared last month in the New 52!

14. RoryWilliams

Nah, thats very unlikely. If Rhonda isn't included they'll likely not use Ray at all. Probably for the sake of keeping the team smaller.

15. BigFatHairyDeal

BigFatHairyDeal Defender of the Universe

I understand the dislike of Superman in Justice League: War. I also understand why people would not want Billy Batson's character (or superhero name) to change from the classics. While respecting these things, I think the new Billy Batson is a good character. He's not a d-bag (IMO, kids of his age don't qualify for the d-bag status), more of a troubled kid who didn't have nurturing and supervision.

16. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi

Not exactly the Aquaman animated movie that was promised by Geoff Johns. Packaging it as a Justice League thing. Unless they are actually prepping a separate Aquaman animated film.

Poor Lauren Montgomery, Aquaman was always one of the animated films she wanted to do.

17. RoryWilliams

No they're smart and they realized there's no way an Aquaman movie would sell without putting Batman and Superman in it too. Green Lantern couldn't sell a DTV movie at the height of his big mass market publicity push with the live action movie. They're not in the business of throwing money into a dumpster.

18. TheVileOne

DC Wants Aquaman To Make A Bigger Splash | Variety

Still one of the weirder articles Variety ever published.

19. Frontier

Frontier Moderator Staff Member

If anything, Aquaman is well known if only because of his reputation from Super Friends and the misconception that all he does is talk to fish :sweat:.

20. TheVileOne

He does talk to fish...with his mind.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.