1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

World's Finest RPG Justice League (TAS) RPG

Discussion in 'The Story Board' started by Bird Boy, Jul 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Batgirl_2005

Batgirl_2005 Don't I Wish...

ooc: Hi everyone... Well I just wanted to get an ok go ahead before posting anything. If it's ok with everyone I thought I'd reappear here in the RPG and bring back WW. If that's alright. Let me know and I'll post ASAP.

2. Batgirl_2005

ooc: Okiedokie pokies... this is a definite *POKE* redDragon said that since I wasn't taken off the characters page that I could go ahead and post so.. yahoo. But I'm really very lost.... I've read through this, like three times and I'm not getting it... so before I post if someone could clue me in... I'd greatly appreciate it. Thank you tons!

3. AceOfKnaves

AceOfKnaves Why aren't you laughing?

OOC: It's all very simple. ;) Everyone escaped the clutches of Weather Wizard, and now all are pretty much doing their own thing. :p I'll run it down for you.

Wonder Woman (you) - Though she tried to stop Joker and succeeded in foiling his plan to kill Weather Wizard, Diana was unable to give chase because of the gas Joker released in the cave.

Once outside, Joker is approached by Batman and beaten just a bit. ;)
    He tells Batman of his two stage toxin that will kill Hawkgirl in less than an hour, forcing Batman to tend to Shiera and not Joker.
    Left behind, tied to a tree, Joker frees himself from his bonds and is stopped by the Flash. A few brief words are exchanged before Wally is gassed with the same toxin as Hawkgirl, leaving Joker free to collect Weather Wizard, and escape in his jet.

Wonder Woman tries to go after them, but they've already gotten too far out of range in Weather Wizard's plane.

Batman, Martian Manhunter, Flash, and Green Lantern - They're all in Wayne Manor/The Batcave.
    J'onn brought Wally back to the batcave after he'd been infected with the toxin. (It causes severe fever/change in temperature, and eventually seizures.)
    Batman found the cure for the original gas, but Joker's made a new and improved one and plans on releasing it in Gotham City.
    Green Lantern's story will probably reveal more, but John has been transported back from another world, injured and out of it. Batman is trying to help him recover long enough to explain all that happened.

Hawkgirl - After being cured of the gas, Hawkgirl met up with Wonder Woman in an attempt to find Joker and Weather Wizard. They didn't have much luck, and ended up heading home in an attempt for some rest.

Superman - Injured and in need of some rejuvenation, Clark goes to his fortress of solitude, resting his body and mind while recuperating from the kryptonite Weather Wizard released on him.
    Succumbing to his exhaustion, Clark falls asleep while recovering, only able to sleep for a short period in time before being awakened by a horrible dream.
    With no other reason to stay at the fortress, Superman flew back to his apartment in Metropolis, trying to get some sleep before he's needed again.

Steel - Is currently unaccounted for. Last we know, he was outside of Weather Wizard's lab.

Lex Luthor - Hiding from the world and resenting his condition, and status, Lex plots to destroy the one man he feels is responsible for his demise...Superman.

Joker - Escaping the league, Joker and Weather Wizard head back to Gotham, Joker revealing his plans for the City, and the interest in involving Weather Wizard. The two temporarily cease fire, parking the jet outside of the City's edge, and hitching a ride back to Joker's home/warehouse.
    After building a few of his gas bombs, Joker heads out into Gotham to plant them, leaving Weather Wizard alone in his home and guarded by Bud and Lou.
    The gas is currently pumping into the air of Gotham City, seeping into the lungs of the citizens.

Weather Wizard - Currently he's unaccounted for, turning up missing when Joker came back to the warehouse to collect him.

Vandal Savage - Angry at the league for stopping his deadly plan, Vandal plans on rebuilding an Injustice League type organization, stacking up enough supervillains to finally kill the Justice League.

4. The Detective

The Detective Active Member

OOC; Thanks Sel, you saved me from having to write up a summary. :) Anyway, I wonder if there is any hope for this RPG at all?

5. Batgirl_2005

ooc: OK.... ummm.... I'm gonna try and reboot the RPG. I'm not sure if it will work though. (Let me know if you don't like it.)

ic: Diana
    1:05 AM

As I head away from the scene I receive a telepathic message from J'onn.

All Justice League members, your assistance is required in Gotham. Come to the batcave.

Making an almost complete 180 I toward Gotham.

---
    1:17 AM

I arrive over Gotham. Even from up here I can hear quite laughter from the city below.

"The clown." I growl.

Soon I arrive in the cave to find Wally lying on the table unconscious and John lying on another.

"What's going on?"

"Joker's released his gas into the city." Batman growls angrily.

"How can I help?"

ooc: It's a lot shorter than I would have liked, but I don't know what else to do.

6. AceOfKnaves

OOC: Short but sweet. I'll figure out more evil after this. :D

IC: Joker

1:30am

I tear the mask from my face, inhaling the beautiful smell of my gas. No better time than the present to see if my anti toxin works...

After a minute or two of nothing, I nod, feeling quite satisfied with myself and my handiwork. I let a large smile build across my face, kicking a woman off of the curb as I jump up onto the sidewalk and wander through the dozens of Gothamites on the ground. Looking down at one that's starting to feel the first stage of the burning temperatures and painful jolts, I wave.
    "Isn't it a beautiful morning?"

When he doesn't answer me, I pull out my gun, ending his suffering in one quick, merciful blow.

I love playing God.

7. AceOfKnaves

OOC: I really didn't want to have to drop this one, but it doesn't seem to be that lively. *sigh* I'll give it another week, then I'm gonna have to resign. Come on guys! :)

~Selena~

8. Harvey Dent

Harvey Dent The Batman

I think the problem is, we're all trying to find things to do at 2 in the morning. :p

Seriously though, if we could only push this ahead to a more reasonable hour (say 7 or 8AM), then maybe things will pick up. I can probably do some more stuff with Lex, and I can finally access Clark Kent.

9. Barb Gordon

Barb Gordon Nin-Mod

OOC: If fastfowarding the story would help kickstart everyone, then I'm all for it if everyone else is. Just how many people do we have that are still present? More importantly, how many people do we have that are still interested in keeping this RPG going? Please post your responses within the week.

~Barb

10. The Detective

Works for me I'm in a sub. We do have the problem of the fact that all of Gotham is in laughing gas. If we fast forwarded the story everone would be dead.

11. AceOfKnaves

OOC: I'm still interested most certainly, but even though speeding it up might work in general...Joker has just released the gas over Gotham, and well...if it's not stopped, Gotham would be dead by morning...That is unless you all want to pretend that the time the gas was released into the streets was at 7am. :p Works for me, cause Joker doesn't sleep anyhoo.

~Selena~

12. Cyber E.

Cyber E. Active Member

OOC: Okay, I am still on the Characters Taken list and it's still a week (Quiet you, a week is 8 days to me) and I am still here...I just don't have anything. If we did fast track a couple of hours that would be great.

-aJb

13. The Detective

OOC: I'd post something but there is nothing for me to do right now.

14. AceOfKnaves

OOC: BAH! I suppose if you all want to let the people of Gotham die, it's cool with me. After all, it IS what I was aiming at in the first place. :D

Like I said, even though no one commented on it, we can ALL pretend that I released the gas at like 6am. Sound good?

~Selena~

15. redDragon

redDragon Carnivorous Beast

[color=c00000]It seems that several of you are in agreement that fastforwarding the time would be helpful so now the time in this RPG is currently 6am. So now everyone POST![/color]

16. AceOfKnaves

OOC: Okie Dokie, the time has been bumped and there still isn't a response. :p

Am I gonna need to post back to back again? ;)

~Selena~

17. The Detective

OOC: I say again, I would post but there is nothing for me to do right now.

18. AceOfKnaves

OOC: *rubs hands together* Let's try THIS!

IC: Joker

6:00am

All around me I can hear coughing, the morning workers suddenly finding themselves engulfed in my fragrant toxin.
    But nothing else stirs.

No sirens.

No whooshing of capes.

No shadows moving in the night.

They've forgotten about me already?!
    Pulling out a gun from under my jacket, I randomly pick eight people for the eight bullets.

*BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM*

The hideous grin remains on my face as their bodies fall limply to the streets.
    Taking a pause from my giggles, I listen intently, STILL hearing nothing aside from the screaming of the innocent.

While granted that's a beautiful sound, it's not ol Batsy coming to put me away again. And I'd so wanted to boast of my evil plot before carelessly letting him get away, too...

Shrugging, I wander down the street, kicking a dying woman out of my way as I make my way to the docs.
    This is boring, I think I'll "rent" a boat from that fat merchant down there.

19. Harvey Dent

Harvey Dent The Batman

Clark Kent - CK's Apartment (6:10 AM)

Last night was definately one for the books, and just a little embarrasing for me. I've been downed by villains before, but to fall to a guy like the Weather Wizard...ugh. I'll just brush my teeth and turn on the radio. That should get my mind off things.

*click*

"Repeating this morning's breaking news out of Gotham City, a strange gas, not unlike the one that once blanketed the city years ago and turned everyone affected by it into laughing lunatics, has once again appeared. However, reports are indicating that this type of gas is much more leathal, and unconfirmed fatality numbers have already entered into the twenties."

Joker...

WOOSH!!!

----------

Flying faster than I usually do, I arrive in downtown Gotham in about 10 minutes. The gas cloud is getting bigger, and despite my abilities, I know I won't be able to handle this all by myself.

But that doesn't mean I can't get a good head start. I just hope they don't mind the tornado...

20. Barb Gordon

Barb Gordon Nin-Mod

OOC: I'm not sure if a kick to the rear would be enough to jumpstart this baby. It's been over three months since the last post, shall I consider this RPG past revival?

~Barb

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.