1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

World's Finest RPG Justice League (TAS) RPG

Discussion in 'The Story Board' started by Bird Boy, Jul 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cyber E.

Cyber E. Active Member

IC : Wayne Manor - 12:02AM

My sleep is haunted with nightmares, my mind wonders as I shake under the covers. The images of what happened to me terrorifes my very being. I sit up in a cold sweat... I wish it were only a dream but as I stare out the large glass window I see the moon shining. Bandages cover my entire body. Down the hall I hear the voice of Batman and and older gentleman speaking. It wasn't a dream

"John, you're awake. What the hell happened to you? Lay back down"

Batman asks me as it enters the room, still in uniform with his cowl off.

"I....I don't know what happened. I was flying to meet you and Steel after I stopped one of the Weather Wizard's traps when this bright white light come out of nowhere. It.......It came so close and so fast I couldn't get out of it's way and I was sucked in. After I got sucked in I--"

As I try to remember what happened next my mind starts to hurt with a great deal of pain. My muscles spaz out of control and I start to show signs of a seziure. After a few seconds I stop and fall back in the bed knocked out.

Several minutes later I slowly wake up

"John! Damnit John wake up!"

"Wha.....what happened?"

"This is odd but...you had a seziure as you were about to tell me what happened after you got sucked in. Whoever did this to you must of put a mental block on you so you wouldn't try to remember without seriously harming yourself."

"Sir, would you like anything"

I look over at bruce's Butler, I remember him from the cave.

"No thank you, I need to go back out there and try and figure out--"

I am cut off by Bruce

"Not in your condition, plus your ring needs to recharge. I have things under control"

"Fine..."

#121 Cyber E., Jan 9, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2003
  2. Barb Gordon

Barb Gordon Nin-Mod

IC: (somewhere inbetween finding John and his waking up)

Flash

Somewhere in the midst of blinding pain and extreme feelings of hot,cold and nausea I felt a needle prick my skin. That caused me to fight the pain to open my eyes for a moment and see the images of Batman and Hawkgirl slowly swim into focus for me. Thank the stars, I thought, someone made an antidote. Out of the corner of my eye I saw GL...looking like hell. My eyes widened as a shock of searing pain ripping through my body.
    "John-
    I managed to rasp out. Oh god buddy, what happened to you? My head swam again as my body instantly made a move to leap off the medical table. Batman somewhat forcefully grabbed my shoulder to keep me from falling off the table and flat on my face. He and Hawkgirl started talking but their voices began to feel very distant. I shook my head a bit...okay, bad move there. Someone pulled me back to a lying down position on the table as my vision began to blur again. Damn clown, was the last thought I had before slipping back into unconsciouness.

3. Harvey Dent

Harvey Dent The Batman

OOC

Question: Would there be any objections to me taking the role of Lex Luthor?

4. AceOfKnaves

AceOfKnaves Why aren't you laughing?

OOC:

Venom, whoa! 5 hours? Everyone else is still around 12 or so....;)

And Harvey, I don't see why not, but Barb would be the one who has to okay it. :)

~Selena~

5. Barb Gordon

Barb Gordon Nin-Mod

OOC: Nope, that's fine, go for it Harv! And Venom, five hours is a bit much to just jump past, especially with how much we've got going on with the other characters at the moment. Also, just post the time within the post, not the subject line or anything.

~Barb

6. Cyber E.

Cyber E. Active Member

OOC MANIA!

Alright, you gals don't have to gang up on me. *Hides in corner and cries*

Rightie, Chief

-aJb

7. Harvey Dent

Harvey Dent The Batman

Lex Luthor - Happy Harbor, RI (Midnight)

Unbelievable.

I was once one of the richest men on the planet. My name commanded respect from my peers, and instilled fear in the millions of worker ants under my thumb from all over the globe. When you dealt with Lex Luthor, you were dealing with a man who built his fortune from the ground up. Unlike that mannequin Wayne, I created Lexcorp with my own two hands. It began with my revolutionary suborbital aircraft, the Lexwing. No one believed it would fly. And the Joint Cheifs thought they were looking at another Spruce Goose. But my plane flew, and that's when the money started to roll in. Luthor Aeronautics became Lexcorp, and things were never the same. I bought two struggling airlines and combined them into LexAir. When OPEC threatened to put the squeeze on American interests, I bought Southwestern Petroleum and turned it into LexOil. I bought a Metropolis TV station and a satellite company and created LexCom. But...none of that matters now...thanks to Superman.

I ultimately have no one to blame but myself. When that alien and his alpha males created their own supergroup, I should've studied them carefully. I should've known everything there is to know about them. But I grew cocky and complacent. When Superman came after me about that arms deal, I thought I finally had him. But I was wrong. Not only did I lose my company, but I've also lost my health. The only thing keeping me alive is this damn bluky contraption attached to my chest.

Simply unbelievable.

And now, here I am, forced to spend my days in this dank cave along the shore of some godforsaken New England hamlet. I can't go out without a disguise, and this town simply doesn't have the materials I need to keep going. All I have is my Lexosuit, but it won't do me any good here.

But...I will return. The phoenix rose from its ashes, and so shall I. One way or another, I will reclaim my empire. And the first step on my road back to glory, is the death of the man who put me in this position.

"You will die, alien. It's simply a matter of time."

8. AceOfKnaves

IC: Joker

12:02am

I yank open the door with a grunt, laughing lightly at the sad figure behind me clutching his arm. Maybe I should have killed him afterall.

Once inside I wade through the mess, wishing I had kept Harley around a little longer to clean up the place. One of the only things she was ever good for anyway.

I clear off a chair, landing with a thud into an extremely uncomfortable position.
    "Have a seat, Wiz!"

After a few seconds of staring he pushes off some garbage from the stool farthest from me, and sits.

Propping my feet up on a near by box, I grin hideously and toss him a semi clean towel for his injury.
    "So, lets talk business."

IC: Hawkgirl

12:04am

I yawn, wishing that I could be heading off towards a night full of rest.
    There's too much to take care of before I can relax.

Batman had put up an almost endless fight after I had gone back downstairs. I'd ended up leaving without his consent.

I don't need it anyway. I'm perfectly capable of deciding these things for myself. I didn't need anyone concerning over my well being.

Pulling out my communicator, I attempt to hail Wonder Woman, waiting patiently for a response. She might have some idea as to what direction Joker and Weather Wizard had gone.

#128 AceOfKnaves, Jan 16, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2003
  9. Harvey Dent

Harvey Dent The Batman

Superman - Clark Kent's Apartment (12:10 AM)

Ah, dammit. I can't do this. Everytime I fall asleep, I hear those voices, crying out for me. And then I hear...him...mocking me. Telling me that there's nothing I can do. And the hardest part to deal with is the fact that he's right. There's nothing I can do. I...failed them. I failed them all.

I sit up in my bed and rub my eyes, then look at the clock. 12:10 AM? God, only 30 minutes of "sleep" this time. Might as well face it, Clark. There's something eating away at you, and until you deal with it, you can forget about sleep.

(sigh)

I grab my outfit and take my time putting it on. I don't feel much like rushing.

"What...?"

In the distance, I hear sirens, screeching tires, and the sounds of gunfire. So much for taking it easy.

WHOOSH!

10. AceOfKnaves

12:24am

"Do you know what you're doing, Joker?"

I whip around, a large smile on my face.
    "This is not my first time, Weather Gnome ....SIT DOWN!!!"

Standing for a moment or two longer, probably to try and show me that I wasn't the boss of him, he returned to the corner of the room, reclining on one of the lawn chairs.

Why am I letting him live again? Oh that's right....I laugh loudly at myself, the only one in the world getting the joke is me. That's okay, it's how it usually works anyways.

Just one more ingredient needed and I'll be done.
    Putting everything quickly inside of my carrying case, I grab my jacket and hat, leaving without a word to my unwelcome guest.

The hyenas stare at me as I walk past them,
    "Don't let him leave, fellas." Growling, they head into the warehouse.

I walk with my head down, mumbling softly to myself.
    "Yeah, rest up, Gotham City....tomorrow's your big show...he he he he...ha ha ha ha...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!"

IC: Hawkgirl

12:30am

"There's no sign of them, Hawkgirl. I think it's time to call it a night."

Maybe Diana's right. We lost their trail quite a ways back, and I'm so tired I could plummet from the clouds any second. I nod at her, turning in the direction of my home.
    "Contact me if anything comes up."

Now for some rest.

11. Cyber E.

Cyber E. Active Member

IC : Wayne Manor - 1:36AM

I lay in a bed looking out the window of Wayne Manor. The moon and stars shining in the dark sky. Thoughts of my childhood fill my mind, times when I didn't have ny cares in the world and could get lost in a world of old comic books. How things change as you age.

I decide I need to get out of bed and do something to help, even in my weak state. I sit up and use my fully powered ring to put on some new clothes. I walk out of the room passing by Bruce

John, where are you going?

"I need to leave, the threat seemed to have almed at the moment but it won't be gone for long. If you need me I'll be at the Watchtower finishing some things that need to be done"

And with that I step outside the Mansion and start to head towards the Watchtower at top speed.

12. AceOfKnaves

OOC: The purple isn't...a little much, is it? ;)

1:00am

I flip the switch, chuckling with glee at the thought of what my treasures will do to Gotham. While they sleep off their over the counter sleep aids, and reoccurring hangovers, I'll wait impatiently for my toys to do their tricks.

One-hundred activated bombs silently countdown under the streets of the innocent. Nothing will sound more beautiful to my ears than the painful laughs rising through the crisp morning air.

Again I laugh, the thought of heroes spoiling my fun all too humorous to me. Even if they found out the gas was there...they'd never be able to find them all before they detonated.
    "HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!"
    A bum under a newspaper stares at me wild eyed, his struggle in keeping warm disrupted by an incredibly handsome cackling pasty fellow across the street. I mean me of course.

I burrow into my pockets, pulling out a $20 from my left side. I stroll up beside him balling it enough to toss it down at him.

"Bless you."
    He gurgles at me.

I try not to gag at the obvious thanks he spewed at me,
    "Go get smashed, tubby."
    Hell, it's the best state of mind to be in once this stuff kicks in. Maybe I'll do so just to get rid of the aching pain in my cheek bone.
    I reach my fingers up to it and gently press, the spot of impact still amazingly sore. Batman always knows just where to hit on a guy to make his face feel like it's eaten itself. He'll be to preoccupied with finding a cure for this enhanced chemical, to come greet me with his fists....on second thought, Blue Boy might come instead...perhaps I'll not view the wreckage afterall. How depressing...

They'll all see things from my point of view sooner or later...

Tonight, Gotham dies....tomorrow.....Batman.

#132 AceOfKnaves, Feb 7, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2003
  13. AceOfKnaves

OOC: *POKE* Hey! Did everyone die?

1:20am

The wind rushes through my unique hair as I rocket towards the warehouse in a red stolen convertible.
    Simply ten more minutes until the end of Gotham as everyone knows it.

I giggle with anticipation, the thought of my inevitable victory weighing heavily on my ego. Sometimes I wish I could kiss myself.
    After all these years...all those failed attempts...Gotham City will fall to it's knees.
    The last laugh will be mine after all.

Screeching to a halt, I leap out of the car, yank open the doors and am disgusted at the sight before me. Bud and Lou lay sleeping on the floor, right next to an empty chair. Since there isn't a scrap of body to be found, I have to assume that he ran.

I kick the mutts as I walk by, part of my overall plans ruined by his absence. DAMN that Wizard!!!
    I gather up my things quickly, leaving the last two things that attached me to Harley, to rot.

After bidding the hyenas ado and wishing a painful death upon them, I hop back into the vehicle with a laugh......the feeling of giddiness so overwhelming that I'm starting to feel the sickness bubble and chunk up in my throat.

Starting up the engine, I shoot out of the parking lot, speeding towards Metropolis with a horrific grin on my lips.

I pull back my sleeve, gleefully watching the last seconds of my timers reduce to nothing.

Time's up....

14. Barb Gordon

Barb Gordon Nin-Mod

OOC: I'm having fun watching :p I'm semi dead, semi busy with family issues, and semi figuring out how to get back in the story!

~Barb

15. AceOfKnaves

OOC: Ah. :) I fear that this RPG has died all together...and right when I was really being evil too. ;)

~Selena~

16. The Detective

The Detective Active Member

Holy graves! All the character are half dead and it seems all the players are MIA. THe Joker is about to blow Gotham to bits and guess what, thiers a new baddie in town! That's right I'm in as Vandal Savage. [insert creepy music here]

IC: Vandal Savage

1:30 AM

Somewhere in the Atlantic Ocean....

My vast aerial armada lies rotting on the ocean floor. Their sunken hulks lying like vanquished beasts. Slowly they submit to rust, decay, and age. I look away in disgust. My chief lieutenant stands beside me, awaiting orders. I give them.

"Take her forward at full speed."

He bows faithfully and turns to execute my commands. I had done what no other man had done. I had conquered the time barrier; I had ruled the world. Vandal Savage reigned supreme. Until they arrived. Those meddlesome fighters, parading around in ridiculous costumes. They had ended an empire.

"Sir, do wish the rest of the fleet to follow, or go on and scout ahead?"

Interruptions. I disdain them. One of my many minions like them all incessantly bothering me with details. The fleet. A joke. In the time that I had been imprisoned, when the time space continuity had been restored to normal, what had been my army in the present day before I even attempted to change the past had degraded to a few submarines and some Island bases. But like the Phoenix I shall rise from the ashes.

"Send them ahead. I have no need for speed. I have nothing."

Those meddlesome fighters had left me there, in that in that underwater prison, and there I had lain for sixty years. But they miscalculated me. I have not ruled many, conquered all, and manipulated history to my liking by myself. Many have followed me, and some have betrayed me. But all those that count themselves as loyal will die for me. If I could die. And that is the beauty. Long after this self proclaimed Justice League has faded into the annals of history I shall live on.

Slightly turning I take a last look at what was. Through the observation glass I take on last look as my mighty dreams, my army slips out of view as we move forward.

Never could they have guessed that my followers would find me. Never could they have guessed that I would survive, trapped under water for sixty years with but one thought: That I would destroy the Justice League.

17. AceOfKnaves

OOC: BUM BUM BUM!!!!!! It's great to have you on board! I was beginning to think this RPG had gone down with the ship. :p

~Selena~

18. Barb Gordon

Barb Gordon Nin-Mod

OOC: oo, quite a nice way to liven this place up. Hopefully we can all get jump-started now. For those of you having trouble figuring out how to jump back in, I suggest talking to your fellow players via PM or IM. I know I will be doing so!

~Barb

19. The Detective

The Detective Active Member

*POKE*

IC: Vandal Savage
    1:45 AM

Lex Luthor. He could be a great ally or a great opponent. My research reveals that he has all ready tried to kill the Justice League and in particular the one called Superman once. But he failed miserably. He disappeared months ago to lick his wounds like a beaten dog. Together perhaps we could develop a plan to destroy the Justice League. I must be careful in these times though, for I will not fall a second time.

A Legion. I must form a legion to destroy the Justice League. A Legion of Doom with which I will crush them. I will need the help of this one called Luthor. He knows much about Superman, about the League. But I will need others, other talents. I nod to my Chief Lieutenant signaling for him to come over where I am.

“Have all my scientists working on this for me. I want a list of super powered criminals. Ones that could be useful to me in my quest.”

“Yes sir.”

I will need several talents. Brain of course but I have that. I will need brute muscle, yes I will need a lot of that. I’m sure there are those with special talents that will come in very useful.

*ten minutes later*

A rough list has been prepared. One of my men brings me a disk. I slip it into a laptop and begin to view it. It is a rough list quickly prepared but it will give me a rough idea of what is out there to choose from. Some have pictures while others don’t.

Solomon Grundy. Muscle if I’ve ever seen it. Him and Luthor have worked together. That could be bad or good depending on the situation.

Joker. A hated enemy of the Justice League member called Batman. He has no powers but his knowledge could prove useful. He would be a very loose cannon though. I would have to watch him.

Copperhead, Shade, Clayface, Bane, Poison Ivy, Scarecrow, Metallo, Parasite, really why do these villains all have to have such ridiculous sounding code names? I need no such code name. For my name is power, I am Vandal Savage.

Weather Wizard. Now this one looks promising. He is a master of the weather. Some one with such talents could prove useful. We shall see, we shall see.

I turn to my chief pilot and instruct him to head for the city known as Gotham City. We can remain hidden in the harbor there and see what plans can be made.

20. AceOfKnaves

OOC: This RPG is new levels of dead. I think I might be pulling out pretty quick. :(

1:00am

I reach into the back before hopping out of the now covered car, snagging my gas mask from under the seat, and sliding it over my face with one hand. There's no sign of Bats or fly boy anywhere...looks like I get to play in my mess after all!

I slam the door loudly, a smile plastered on my face as I walk through the middle of the now green gas filled streets.
    The waist high smoke around me swirls out of my way, creating a path around my body as I push my way forward.

Everyone in front of me is coughing, low chokes and laughter forcing upwards out of their chests.
    I laugh to myself...enjoying the havoc I've caused.

You have to wonder, in times like these....where the heck is Batman?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.