1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Justice League" Pre-Release News & Discussion, Part 2 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'DC Live-Action Movies and Television' started by James Harvey, Mar 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

2. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Magmaster12

Magmaster12 Well-Known Member

Well, I guess Joss finally got his brief what if opportunity of directing Wonder Woman.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

6. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  7. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

...Feels kind of late to be bringing in a new composer though o_O.

9. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

With Whedon aboard now, this might be part of his course correction. Even though, I wasn't feeling the trailer, I cautiously trust this might work out. Hopefully, WB has learned from WW, to leave the filmmaking to the filmmakers.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  10. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

I'd wager it's just business. Junkie XL finished work on composing and had to move to his next project, then Whedon's brought in to finish post, Whedon does a few new scenes, XL is already working on something else, brings in Elfman to do the new scenes.

EDIT: Some speculation the Hall of Justice is involved in reshoots. Photos here.

6/23: Reshoots seem to be done. At least for Momoa.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Road to Gotham

Road to Gotham Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  12. dmxx116

dmxx116 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  13. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

• Like Like x 1
  14. Otaku-sempai

Otaku-sempai Well-Known Member

Yep. And I still find Flash's costume over-complicated and fiddly. An instance where the tv show does it better.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

• Like Like x 1
    #455 Yojimbo, Jul 20, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
  16. dmxx116

dmxx116 Well-Known Member

Here the new trailer from SDCC:

• Like Like x 4
  17. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

Pretty epic looking.

Penguin reference!

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Pretty awesome trailer! My thoughts:

- Why am I not surprised to see Wonder Woman taking a lead role in the trailer after the success of her movie? Also looks like she's fighting crime in Washington DC, or she's at least getting more actively involved in in situations like this hostage situation when she can :).

- Wow, Steppenwolf attacking Themyscira :eek:!

- "No protectors here...no Lanterns" So Steppenwolf mentions the Green Lanterns, and it seems to be an actual plot point that they're not around :ack:.

- "Exploding wind-up Penguins." I love that Penguin reference :p.

- Poor Alfred having no idea who Cyborg is as he hijacks Batman's tech :sweat:.

- I like that we're seeing the whole League take on Steppenwolf :cool:.

- "All Right." It's no "Outrageous," but I'll take it ;).

- Wow, look at those Crisis-level Red Skies :eek:!

- Aquaman sky-surfing with a Parademon. When you think you've seen everything :anime:.

- I totally want to see Gordon's face at seeing Flash is the only one who actually stuck around :rolleyes2:

- I wonder who that character at the end is? A revived Superman? Or Deathstroke? They seem to be playing Superman's return very close to the vest o_O.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. rggkjg1

rggkjg1 Batman v Superman

from the trailer:
    "World in mourning." ?
    "World without hope." ?
    "No Kryptonian. This world will fall like all the others." ?
    "Superman was a beacon to the world. He didn't just save people. He made them see all the best parts of themselves." ?

Where was all that in Man Of Steel?

In the general context of the character, and what I think of the character, all that dialogue makes sense. The problem is that dialogue makes no sense at all since it's in the context of Superman in Man Of Steel. I find it hard to believe the world simply forgives and forgets after Superman is dead. In a general sense of the character, the world should forgive and forget because he's done more than enough to EARN it. Superman made a very poor first impression to the world. The world should (rightfully) be hesitant of this Superman. If the world can easily forgive and forget despite the events of Man Of Steel, why didn't the world realize he was only trying to help and do good while he was ALIVE?

When Amanda Waller forms the Suicide Squad, she does it in reaction to Superman's demise and acknowledges he was on her side. Ummmmm. Again, Man Of Steel. Wouldn't she form the Suicide Squad in reaction to that and be hesitant of legit super powered heroes like the JL roster?

At the end of the trailer Alfred was talking to..... Batman. CHRISTIAN BALE BATMAN. The CW DC shows established the multiverse, and how very easy it is to travel from world to world. After Alfred says "Now let's hope you're not too late." it instantly cuts to Batman and the Hans Zimmer theme triumphantly plays (specifically the music queue when Alfred sees Bruce in the outdoor cafe). Behind Batman more portals open and through them come Superman (preferably Routh, but logically Hoechlin. or how about Welling?), Supergirl (Mellissa Benoist obviously), Martian Manhunter, Green Arrow (Amell. Duh), The Flash (Grant Gustin), and John Constantine (Matt Ryan). Anyone else is welcome to hop through. Cuts to credits. Zimmer Batman music continues.

Post credits sequence - Eisneberg Luthor opens a multiverse portal. Michael Rosenbuam Luthor strolls through. Kills Eisneberg, and assumes the sole mantle/role of Lex Luthor of the entire multiverse. Continued in Justice League II.

• Agree Agree x 1
    #459 rggkjg1, Jul 23, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2017
  20. Greg91

Greg91 Member
    Reporter

I thought this was a pretty great trailer and I'm much more interested in it than before. It's great to see so much Wonder Woman and her world in the trailer, which totally makes sense following the exceptional reviews for her movie.

The Lantern tease was nice, though I'm still waiting to see them. I suppose there's a reason no human Green Lantern is on Earth (ex. retired after the first 'age of heroes', in space, etc.). It's nice to see Commissioner Gordon, Alfred, Hippolyta and all the other supporting characters.

Some of the CGI looks like it's still being worked on, which is understandable since the movie is still a few months away. Wonder Woman falling with Flash zooming to her sword or Aquaman smashing through a building looked a little odd, but I'm happy to see Cyborg looks much better.

It looks like a pretty fun, bombastic movie with a possible tease of Superman at the end? Everyone treating Superman like a hero seems very odd, but perhaps in hindsight, people recognized the good Superman did and that's why they miss him. That's the best I can think of after they lambasted the guy in Batman v Superman.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.