1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"Justice League" Pre-Release News & Discussion, Part 2 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'DC Live-Action Movies and Television' started by James Harvey, Mar 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

#1 James Harvey, Mar 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2017
  2. dmxx116

dmxx116 Well-Known Member

3. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

Blah all these "sources." Anyone can say they have a source. One source says Christian Bale is coming back. The other one says he isn't. So which source is real and which one is fake?

4. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

Rumor has it Fox and WB are looking at a couple of diverse male actors for parts in their upcoming superhero films.
    SCOOP: Meet The Actors On Fox & WB's Radar For Their Upcoming SUPERHERO Roles!

Of the dudes on the list, Omar Sy has already been confirmed for the next X-Men movie, and people have been speculating that he'll be Bishop in it. I wonder if any of these might pertain to the Justice League project? Though to be honest outside of Steel and Green Lantern, I can't' think of many black superheroes DC has that might be appearing in films. And they have Godfrey Gao on the list, and I'm not aware of any Asian Justice League members.

5. TheVileOne

Reporter

Eh we'll see.

20th Century Fox is still the company that cast Justin Chatwin as Son Goku. Warner Bros. had TOM CRUISE as The Last Samurai.

6. rggkjg1

rggkjg1 Batman v Superman

IF Nolan ACTUALLY does "godfather" a Justice League movie, WITH Christian Bale as Batman, why dont they just make a 4th Batman movie in the Nolan series? Or the very least have someone else direct Batman 4 with Christian Bale and have Nolan "godfather" that movie.

I'm all for Christian Bale coming back as Batman, but these rumors (or the 1-2 FACTS) we have contradict everything we've thus heard. If they want a Justice League movie SEPERATE (from the original Nolan films, and possibly the new Batman films) or directly tie/lead into the Batman reboot, why is Bale coming back and why is Christopher Nolan involved? Yes I was very let down with The Dark Knight Rises, but that aside, and looking at it 100% objectively, is Christopher Nolan really the "answer" to every single DC Comics character for a movie adaptation (that has previously "failed" or "failed" to even get made)?

7. TheVileOne

Reporter

At the end of Dark Knight Rises Bruce is left as a pretty broken and poor man. He's alive and happy at least but he gave up the keys to the cave to another guy. The mantle has been passed down.

He's given up on being Batman.

His mansion is now an orphanage. So what is he going to do? Move back in and kick the orphans out? Make the orphans his Bat-army?

Nolan and co. wrote the whole story into a closed off corner. This universe can't interact with a shared DCCU.

8. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Uh, Cyborg sounds like another candidate. I think DC plans on staying away from Steel for another couple years... Black Lightning, Mr. Terrific, Firestorm, and Vixen come to mind, too.

The Atom/Ryan Choi.

9. rggkjg1

Couldn't John Blake "fail" as Batman (or as his own crime fighting identity) and be killed in action, thus Bruce Wayne realizing only HE can be/IS Batman? Therefore, Christian Bale as Batman is easily explained in a Christopher Nolan "god fathered" Justice League movie. Or a 4th film (I know will never happen) in the Nolan series.

10. KYO'NYUU IMOUTO

That would be stupid, so no.

If Bale or Nolan are involved it's not like they have to do the same character. It's not like Bruce Timm and Kevin Conroy only do one continuity's Batman.

11. rggkjg1

I have no desire to get into it since it's just rumors, BUT, how is my explanation simply any more (or the same) stupid than the entire NONSERIOUS or UNREALISTIC (therefore "stupid") premise/plot of The Dark Knight Rises, OR Christopher Nolan's flat out wrong (therefore "stupid") interpretation of Batman (the concept/message of)?

I thought the whole idea of the Justice League movie was to be different from the Christopher Nolan Batman and use it to introduce the new Batman series and/or have 2 Batmans at the same time (separate reboot series, and Batman in Justice League). Based on these rumors, it looks like WB has no intention of letting go of the Nolan Batman yet by bringing back Nolan and Christian Bale. All the die hard fans can all understand of how this movie is separate, but the general public will be confused if it is indeed 2 different continuities. After the NONSERIOUS or UNREALISTIC The Dark Knight Rises, is it truly unimaginable at this point that Christopher Nolan's Batman really cant share a universe with the "unrealistic" Justice League heroes? Well, maybe not, because if they existed, Bane wouldn't have been able to take over Gotham City in the first place, and then rule it for 6 months in Batman's absence.

*My 2 cents I've chipped in on Nolan/Bale coming back is has absolutely nothing to do with my Nolan "hate" (Christopher Nolan the internet's greatest person who ever lived, ect) or more ways to remind people that The Dark Knight Rises let me down. If Christian Bale and Christopher Nolan are involved, then awesome, but it looks like WB doesn't want to let go of the Nolan Batman. I thought introducing a NEW Batman in Justice League was the WHOLE POINT (or one of them) of a Justice League movie. So, if they aren't letting go of Christopher Nolan's Batman, is it really out of the question that they wont make (or consider) a 4th Batman movie in the Nolan series (with Christian Bale as Batman, and Nolan directing or "god fathering"), a Justice League movie with Bale (in the same continuity as the Nolan films), or a Superman/Batman movie (in Man Of Steel and Nolan Continuity).

12. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

Warner bros is basically getting desperate. I can't believe they really went this long before considering Jl. They're now grabbing at straws to make this work, and the Nolan superhero universe infuses too much realism for DC Comics. Hopefully Man of Steel has traction.

13. TheVileOne

Reporter

No, that's not the story Chris Nolan made. Bale and Nolan talked about Wayne moving on and not using Batman as a crutch for his pain. The legacy has been passed on to someone else. Wayne is alive but he's still a physically broken individual and he's poor. His fortune is gone. His mansion is now an orphanage.

14. rggkjg1

And this is what I mean in regard to Nolan begin wrong about the "message/concept" of Batman. Bruce Wayne IS Batman. He will ALWAYS Batman. Batman is his REAL PERSONA. Everything is fine and dandy at the conclusion of the series (for now), but no matter what, Bruce will be "called back" to be Batman regardless if someone is carrying the torch. He moped around for 7 years and came back, is it really that unimaginable another situation would arise where he would return as Batman once again? Blake doesn't even need to be killed off, maybe assuming the mantle of Batman is just too overwhelming because ONLY Bruce can be/IS Batman. Blake is a fine candidate to be a crime fighter like Batman, but him and Bruce don't share the EXACT life experiences or (most importantly) the training Bruce had in becoming Batman, and that alone is why Blake as Batman will "fail". If Blake assuming the mantle is to be successful, at the least Bruce should have been able to pass on and train his successor with what HE learned HIMSELF. But, that would involve years of training and a younger protege (ROBIN. not "Robin" on a birth certificate). Bruce just cant (and never will) move on from Batman. While he is worn out/broken, I still think he has plenty of years still left in him to physically continue as Batman if a situation were to arise. Hopefully in France, Selina and Alfred insisted that Bruce got his knee/leg (injury at the start of the film) and his BACK looked at. After checking Bruce out, the Dr allows Bruce to, or simply puts him on a work out program to help his injuries. Bruce will be ready to go as Batman at a moments notice when he is called to do so.

Maybe even easier regarding Bruce Wayne's return, couldn't Bruce just come up with a plan saying Bane kidnapped him, that's why Bane and the League Of Shadows had access to Wayne technology, why/how Bane manipulated the stock market with Bruce Wayne's personal info, and Bruce Wayne was PRESUMED dead because he was simply in Bane's prison the entire time. So, Bruce is brought back to life. He gets his fortune back because at this point, the original fake stock deal mess was cleaned up and that (hopefully) Wayne Enterprises is still a top company. All that's left is Wayne Manor, Bruce lets it continue to be an orphanage but will return to get personal (and Batman) items because he's building a NEW manor, or just moves into the penthouse and uses the "temporary" Batcave at the construction site. The cat isn't out of the bag that Bruce Wayne was Batman, right??!!

Again, all simply hypothetical and possible reasons/scenarios how/why Batman can come back in a Justice League movie IF Christopher Nolan and Christian Bale AND that it's in a shared continuity. OR a forth Batman movie (which I'm just throwing out there because if WB is actually thinking Nolan and Bale in Justice League, at least one person at WB is also thinking Batman 4). I'll believe Nolan and Bale in Justice League when I see it (or the official legit confirmation) for myself and go from there.

15. Shawn Hopkins

Shawn Hopkins TZ Member of the Year 2013

I don't think he's poor. That was a pretty nice cafe he was eating in at the end. Either Kyle or Wayne had enough assets squirreled away somewhere to live comfortably.

None of those things are going to happen, rgg. They would destroy Rises thematically. Also, you're projecting too much of the comic book Batman onto the Nolan Batman. In the Nolanverse Bruce was Batman for, what, a year? No more than a couple years. Then he quit for seven years, then came back for the last hoedown with Bane, then faked his own death and quit for good. He just wasn't at it long enough for the Bruce Wayne IS Batman, "that is his real face" thing to stick.

16. TheVileOne

Reporter

He may have enough to live on and be OK, but his family fortune is gone.

17. rggkjg1

I fully accept the ending/conclusion of the Nolan trilogy (I obviously DON"T LIKE IT), but someone at WB obviously doesnt accept the ending/conclusion of the trilogy (or Nolan working on Batman in any regard) if the Nolan/Bale rumors are true. If these rumors are false, the person who created them obviously doesnt accept Nolan no longer working Batman either. Or (most likely) someone created these rumors to be a wise guy because it would get attention and get people talking.

I've "moved on" because it was made clear this was it for Nolan and Bale, so I havent been hung up on their return. IF it actually happens, then awesome. Until then, I'm not holding my breath. Just like I never held my breath for anything during "production" of a Justice League film.

I was wondering when we were getting a new thread, ha.

18. TheVileOne

Reporter

The person who created them is a guy with questionable credibility at Latino Review.

19. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

20. TheVileOne

Reporter

Why would he after the poor reception of Green Lantern? Doubt they would ask for him to come back anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.