1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"Justice League of America (2015 Ongoing)" Series Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'DC Comics and Collectibles' started by James Harvey, Jun 17, 2015.

?

Rate and Comment on this Comic Book Series!

1. *****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. ****1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

The World's Greatest Super-Heroes are back in action! The New DC Universe! Are you ready?

JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #1

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Written by BRYAN HITCH
    Art by BRYAN HITCH and WADE VON GRAWBADGER

It’s massive widescreen Justice League action and adventure from superstar writer/artist Bryan Hitch! In this extra-sized debut issue, the League comes up against an armada of aliens heading for Earth that claims to be a peaceful religious tribe. But something sinister is lurking in their ranks...something with ties to ancient Krypton!

Comments?

2. rggkjg1

rggkjg1 Batman v Superman

I guess this is an example of post-Convergence where creators can pick any time/Earth to tell their stories. Easily a way more impressive Justice League debut/premiere issue than the Geoff Johns/Jim Lee one. I won't be surprised if this first arc will also be better than the first Johns/Lee arc. This doesn't even feel like a New 52 Justice League (yeah, just because DC doesn't use "new 52" anymore, doesn't mean it's NOT the new 52, or NOT in the new 52 continuity. it still is the new 52). It feels like a straight up Justice League story. I can only expect great things if it continues to be a straight up story and I'm rarely reminded it's the new 52 as I read it.

I'm hoping the book ships on time, every time I read book with Bryan Hitch art, it usually ran late at some point.

3. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Well-Known Member

I agree, rggkjg1. I wonder if Hitch being the artist will cause problems with the schedule of the book. It looks like the second issue has already been pushed back a week based on what I saw on Previews. I really enjoyed the first issue too and I would totally add it to my pull list but if it's going to be hit with delays then I'm better off waiting for the collection. That said I really enjoyed the first issue. The story has me intrigued and I'm curious to see what the end of the world and all those dead Supermans might have to do with the cliffhanger and the supposed emergence of Rao.

4. James Harvey

The Justice League of American face a mysterious new threat!

JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #2

[​IMG]

Written by BRYAN HITCH

The JLA learns more about the armada of religious zealots that has arrived on Earth – and their stunning ties to Krypton!

Comments?

5. rggkjg1

A being/entity comes to Earth, claims to be a god or just decides to help mankind solve all it's problems (there's a difference between powered super heroes doing that and god like beings doing that). We've seen this too many times to know this isn't going to turn out well. It was obvious in the first issue. "Don't trust him." Future Superman was obviously talking about Rao.

The first issue doesn't look to be a fluke. This JLA series might be the best New 52 comic out. I wonder how long before I find this title superior to Geoff Johns' Justice League. Two issues in (and even with the debut issue), this is easily superior to Johns' first Justice League arc. I just hope the book will continue to ship on time.

6. James Harvey

It's old-school Justice League action!

JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #3

[​IMG]

Written by BRYAN HITCH

Churches of Rao are being built all over the world. A new world religion has appeared seemingly overnight. Sick people are healed. The world suddenly knows peace. So what’s wrong with this picture? The Justice League is about to violently find out.

Comments?

7. Wonder Woman

I'm really getting a "New World Order" vibe from this arc. It's alright I guess but there really is something lacking about it. And with the delays starting to roll in I wonder how much interest this book will hold. This issue was already three weeks late and with Hitch being both the writer and artist I can't see at least the opening arc making it all out on time. I don't get how even with months and months of lead time this book is starting to ship late.

8. rggkjg1

I had a feeling the book was late, but as long as it's able to at least be released in the MONTH a issue was solicited, I'll be fine with that. As of now the next issue is for Sept 30th and the one after that is Oct 7th. I will be shocked if the Oct 7th issue is not delayed. I'm really really enjoying this title. If lateness becomes an issue, I'd rather Hitch just be writer and find a different artist. I was more looking forward to the art than the writing before the series came out, but I'm sold on Bryan Hitch as a writer.

Now I'm asking myself, is JLA really this good, or is it because Johns' JLA has been just "OK" (aside from the terrible first arc, and awesome "Throne of Atlantis") .

9. rggkjg1

Hmmm. Well, so much for a delayed issue at least still coming out in the month it was supposed to. I'm sure this is the beginning of the usual delays Bryan Hitch comics.

I still don't get how comics get delayed. This stands alone from the other DC titles, so why couldn't an arc or two be DONE before the first issue was solicited?

10. Wonder Woman

I'm glad I opted to sit out the rest of the arc and wait for the trade collection. These delays are confusing since I remember reading that Hitch had a very fair head start on the book. I definitely wonder if this book is one that can make it past the first arc. It's supposed to crossover to Justice League sometime next year (I read that on Twitter) but it looks like the first arc won't even be done by then.

11. rggkjg1