1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Justice League" Movie Pre-Release Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'DC Live-Action Movies and Television' started by ShadowGUN, Feb 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

I suppose so, but in a way, it makes sense. Why should WB spend money on a film that would probably bomb?

2. dmxx116

dmxx116 Well-Known Member

3. Wonderwall

Wonderwall Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

For a guy who works in comics Mark always sounds like one of those giant tool boxes who doesn't read comics. Then again he seems to hate the medium so I guess that makes sense. He needs to go hide under a rock or a bridge.

4. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

He doesn't know what he's talking about. He sounds like one of these pundits on CNN or Fox. His stuff seems hyper-realistic and DC is pure unadultered fantasy. The real issue with JL is more than likely Warner Bros. who could care less about what superhero film gets made, and what it's about. They just toss money at it and if it floats it floats, if not, oh well.

What they need are better producers that will push for and direct some of these characters correctly. I really think DC characters have to be handled with love. Not every director can come into Lord of the Rings and do it justice, but they do want to see the films made, they just can't make it work and don't know how to. They really need to not think about JL and concentrate on one hero at a time, introduce.

5. bat313

bat313 Active Member

Can someone answer me why there is such a disconnect between the WB animation division who has rocked out some awesome DC stuff adult and kid friendly, and the WB live action division that can't seem to get these characters correct?

I get that you can do more in animation and keep the corny costumes and they still look awesome but if Marvel can do quality adaptation then so should WB/DC. Even Batman Begins (which I know made WB a ton of money) I feel is completely unfaithful to the characters. Yes they were good, entertaining movies but they took an awful lot of liberties with the material. My point is that they messed with Batman and won because Batman sells, faithful or not. They cannot do the same with the other DC characters.

If I had to offer a solution to WB I would tell them to gather Bruce Timm, Pau Dinni and Greg Weisman and let them produce the live action projects. These are people who care about the integrity of the characters while still finding creative ways to tell stories from the comics in a new and exciting way.[FONT=arial, sans-serif][/FONT]

6. dmxx116

7. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm starting to get a sinking feeling that this film will never happen...

8. KYO'NYUU IMOUTO

Yeah, this is a bit of a pickle. Somebody ask Geoff Johns to expand his first six issues of the 2011 Justice League title into a film.

9. Hanshotfirst1138

Hanshotfirst1138 Singing drunken lullabies

I'd rather he didn't. I think that's some of his weaker work.

10. DarkAngel

DarkAngel Lord Vader

This seems like a no-brainer to me. They should at least consult them. Can't understand not at least picking their brains a bit, given how successful they've been putting so many of the DC heroes together on screen.

11. KYO'NYUU IMOUTO

Well, that kind of is why I said 'expand'. Panel-for-panel the movie would be ninety minutes long. Toss in another hour to expand on Darkseid and Vic.

12. rggkjg1

rggkjg1 Batman v Superman

One of the reasons I've never held me breath (or will until I actually SEE something) is because I've felt the core members are just too BIG for a motion picture. Superman, Batman. They can hold their own movie/franchise. I have no doubt in my mind that Wonder Woman, The Flash, Green Lantern (unfortunately maybe not anymore), could yield impressive results in comparison to Superman and Batman on film. A Justice League movie would be EPIC, SPECTACULAR, AMAZING, ect. But I think it's just way too much of an ambitious project considering the scale of a potential plot/story and the characters themselves. The characters just cant simply all be thrown together and expect instant results.

Then there was the rumors of having this "seperate" from Man Of Steel and the Batman reboot. Most important, above everything else, IF this movie gets to casting, current actors that play their respective characters in the solo film/series NEED to be brought back for Justice League. No ifs ands or buts. Yes, the Hulk was recasted 3 times. BUT Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, and anyone else in the Justice League arent going to be a CGI animation the entire time we see that character. Well, maybe Martian Manhunter....

13. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

If I remember correctly he said he's not interested.

EDIT: Here's a brand new NAH from Dini:
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/news/?a=74004

#493 the greenman, Feb 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2013
  14. CyclonatorZ

CyclonatorZ Active Member

And even if it does, with WB's current leadership, the chances of it being good are slim to none.

15. dmxx116

16. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

Not sure I buy it. Getting Bruce back as Batman seems like it'd be a pretty big betrayal of the ending of Nolan's trilogy, and of course there's the problem with John Blake. Unless they establish he just became Nightwing or Robin or something rather than assuming the Batman mantle.

17. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Yawn, huh? This movie hasn't been made yet? j/k

Really hope the ball starts rolling and we see an official PR statement. Not something from Latio Review.

18. KYO'NYUU IMOUTO

If Bale returns I'd rather hey not even mention that he un-retired. Let it simply be a different continuity that he's playing.

19. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

Nolan doing Justice League? Suuuure.

Man, DC, you need to hurry up with your films!

20. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

Has anything Latino Review reported recently been legit?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.