1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Justice League" Movie Pre-Release Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'DC Live-Action Movies and Television' started by ShadowGUN, Feb 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

2. BigFatHairyDeal

BigFatHairyDeal Defender of the Universe

Double agreed. You can't have the most ambitious and widest-scoped movie to feature Batman not have Bruce Wayne.

Also, so much of the appeal of the Nolan-verse Batman was it's strict adherence to "hyper-realistic" comic book storytelling, and a JLA movie would completely undo that. Furthermore, story's over. Sometimes you just have to let something that ran its course to R.I.P.

3. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Well-Known Member

Count me in as someone who does not want to see the Nolanverse linked to the upcoming DC movies. Let that universe sit as its own thing and let Man of Steel and Justice League start something new. I am really hoping WB brings back Arnie Hammer to be Batman as he was originally going to be when they were making their first go with the Justice League movie a few years ago.

4. Spideyzilla

Spideyzilla Well-Known Member

Agreed. rggkjg1, you talk about TDKR like it's Batman and Robin. Remember that it has an 87% on Rotten Tomatoes and an 8.8/10 on IMDB. It may not be as acclaimed as TDK, but don't think this movie wasn't received incredibly well.

5. rggkjg1

rggkjg1 Batman v Superman

since the rumor was debuked hours later, anything i had to say on the matter is irrelevant (i'm sure anything i have to say on the matter is irrelevant to begin with regardless).

i had "long" write up before the rumor was debunked (in which the site "crashed"), but basicly i made the point that if they wanted to bring back gordon-levitt as batman in justice league, clearly wb was still trying to hang on to the nolan series. so, if they made a batman 4, or devoted a large chunk of justice league to nolan's batman, i figure it would wrap up batman as a concept in the manner the nolan films preach it. the other members of the justice league would have been inspired by batman and his actions in the trilogy and adopted their own crime fighting personas/alter egos and fight crime in their respective cities using their super powers or specific skills. they would come together as a group and seek out batman for inspiring them to fight crime and ask batman to be their "leader" or simply come to him first for a chance to meet the person who inspired them. now if that isnt batman as a concept as nolan preaches it, not coming to full circle, then i have no idea what is. but since none of that looks to happen, just throw all that out the window.

6. brickrrb2

brickrrb2 Active Member

I think they should steer a little away from realism and put more of a focus on the Fantastic elements of the DC universe

7. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

I can't believe no one has posted this yet.

Darkseid will reportedly be the main villain in the Justice League film!

I'm pretty excited. Darkseid has always been a cool, strong villain, so at the very least, he'll give the JL a fight they won't soon forget.

And I know that this could start up comparisons between him and Thanos, but come on guys. Lets just enjoy both films.:)

8. Wonderwall

Wonderwall Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

It would probably be bigger news if there was anything actually concrete about a JL movie. I think most people just expect it to fall through again so it's hard to muster up excitement for even a Darkseid rumor. If it pans out you're not going to get bigger than that for the JL but yea...Thanos, Avengers, etc etc :)

9. MDawg

MDawg Nerfariously planning

Yeah, WB has a way of failing what should be an easy job each time. Once filming is complete and I'm actually seeing it on a screen, I'll believe they can make a movie. Until that point it's all useless rumors and wishful thinking at best.

10. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

If it happened, I'd hope it's handled better than the latest comic relaunch. I also hope Marc Guggenheim doesn't touch it.

11. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

12. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

They'd have to alter it to be sure but the gist of Darkseid trying to teleport Apokolips near Earth could be a workable plot for a film.

13. KYO'NYUU IMOUTO

I just read volume #1 of the New 52 Justice League, which features Darkseid's first invasion of Earth. I think that arc would make a pretty good movie. It might come off as a rip-off of The Avengers, though, but if they remove Aquaman (saving him for a later film) and fleshed out the rest of the cast it'd really work well.

14. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

I always assumed the new 52 reboot was done with movies in mind. George Perez even came out and publicly said he stopped writing Superman because DC and Warner kept pressuring him into writing stuff with movies in mind.
    I imagine if nothing else we'll see Cyborg as part of the team.

15. dmxx116

dmxx116 Well-Known Member

16. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

17. dmxx116

dmxx116 Well-Known Member

18. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

That is actually a smart move. After all, if Man of Steel doesn't do so great, than that wouldn't bode well for Justice League.

19. ShadowGUN

ShadowGUN YES!YES!YES!

So let say Man of Steel doesn't do well and Justice League doesn't get made, what does this mean to other DC franchises (outside of Batman)? Will WB give up and focus on Batman only for another 10 years?

20. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

I would pretty much bet on it. They seem to concentrate more on their fantasy franchises like Potter and LOTR.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.