"Justice League" Movie Pre-Release Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Entertainment Board' started by ShadowGUN, Feb 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShadowGUN

ShadowGUN YES!YES!YES!

2. mr.happy

mr.happy New Member

A Superman movie was also "on the way" since the early 90s, and Wonder Woman has been "on the way" for many years as well. Don't camp out for tickets just yet. ;)

3. The Myst

The Myst Truthiness for Springfield

All I'm saying is Dean Cain Superman, George Clooney Batman, Lynda Carter Wonder Woman, and Jack Black Green Lantern. This could be the best movie ever if they made those casting decisions.

4. JohnCrichton

JohnCrichton An astronaut!

The Batman vs. Superman movie should have come first and had a better chance of being a real blockbuster.
    It's too soon to do up a Justice League. Establish the heavyhitters as real properties first, THEN you can assemble them for even heavier hits.
    As of now, people are just gonna chuckle about this being some "Superfriends the Movie."

5. rggkjg1

rggkjg1 Batman v Superman

the superman/batman WILL come first and SHOULD come first. i guess it would be logical to have the wonder woman film first as well. then do justice league.
    THATS THE WAY TO GO FOR THIS JUSTICE LEAGUE MOVIE. i can't even imagine what the sets for the hall of justice and hall of doom would look like. it think seeing those places would look incredible in a live action setting. it's also a good plot for the justice league movie. why would all the heroes come together? because lex luthor has brought all the other villians together in some scheme to take over the world (or just to get land cheap and make $$$$ ;)).

superfriends justice league movie is the way to go. i can't think of any other way that would get me excited for the project. i honestly don't want a justice league movie, but if its the superfriends. then bring it on. and if they don't do superman/batman movie for the justice league movie, it better be good. if it comes down to that, i'll have my low expectations set with no possible redemption from warner bros. unless its the superfriends justice league and there's a teaser for superman/batman attached to the movie.

heres another reason why they should do superfriends justice leauge:
    CILLIAN MURPHY AS SCARECROW!!!!

just keep the "no namers" out of the movie. that means you hawkman...

fan poster:
    [​IMG]

denzel IS green lantern. if we weren't getting superfriends justice league and i felt the movie was going in the worst completely opposite direction i would still have to see the movie. it's denzel. as green lantern! how random could you get?

6. sleepydumbdude

sleepydumbdude New Member

I have a feeling even if this does come out then it will be a movie with a bunch of DC characters most people have never heard of. Probably the ones who can't get their own solo deal. The only person i can think of from the first seasons of cartoon actually being in the movie is Martin Manhunter.

7. Kaner

Kaner New Member

:evil: :shrug: . o O (Get thee behind me Satan and blaspheme no more)

8. DR.MID-NITE

DR.MID-NITE The Original

That was tried before....
    [​IMG]
    And we saw how that turned out. :ack:

I hope they can pull it off. Although, if no JL movie. How about a Trinity movie with Supes, Bats & WW? Again, anything without the big three is not the Justice League. Its like having the X-Men movie with out Wolverine and Professor X.

Finally, what is is with everyone worried that you have to show origins for the other heroes in the movie?? People are generally smart enough to get the concept that say "Flash" has the ability to go fast. They don't need to know why he has his abilities.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2007
  9. Frank Castle

Frank Castle Sic vis pacem, para bellum

Batman vs. Superman is as far as I will go for the live action team-ups. I just can't see JLA ever happening.

10. Young Justice

Young Justice Optic Blaster

If they want to make this work, they could use the DC Animated Universe as an example:

First Batman, then Superman. After that, Superman and Batman and finally Justice League with all the others. Womand Woman could have her own franchise or not. But I think Flash, Green Lantern, Aquaman and Martian Manhunter could have their own stories told inside Justice League movies.

11. CyborgRex

CyborgRex KING OF CYBORGS

The only way WB could make a Justie League movie is if they established some of the other heroes in their own films first. They did Batman and Superman. Next they should make Wonder Woman, The Flash, and Green Lantern. Maybe a few others. Next step before the League would be a Batman and Superman movie. Then and only then could they do the movie.

12. PeterFries

PeterFries New Member

It would be awesome if Gregory Noveck clicked into this thread, saw that Toonzone fans said this project was a no go, and then cancelled it.

Have you guys actually read the Batman versus Superman script that almost went into production? It would have killed any chance of further Superman or Batman movies had it not been wisely shut down.

13. Noukon

Noukon Deep Blue

Actually, I think this would be a very clever way of establishing more of the DC heroes as being viable for mainstream films. Batman and Superman are well established, and would draw people to a Justice League film, where they'd be introduced to the other characters. Then, Warner could more easily market individual films for those heroes.

Personally, I'd love to see Green Arrow in this.

14. Gpoliceman

Gpoliceman New Member

I'm AGAINST a Justice League live-action movie.

First...

It's too soon. Christopher Nolan's Batman and Bryan Singer's Superman have not yet met their full potential. Let them both round out their trilogies and have a JL movie start cooking in 2010-2012.

Second...

I would rather have a solo Flash film, a solo Wonder Woman film, a solo Green Lantern film, a solo Green Arrow film, etc....than a Justice League movie.

Give all the characters solo films, please!

Third...

How the hell is this going to work? Christopher Nolan's Batman DOES NOT and CANNOT exist in the same world as super-powered aliens from krypton (superman), martians (jonn jonzz), intergallactic space cowboys (green lantern), and amazon princesses (wonder woman).

I like Nolan's approach to the material to have some JL movie come in and muck it all up.

There should just be solo movies, period.

Starting a JL movie now is Warner Bros saying they don't think Flash, GL, Wondie, GA, and others are credible enough characters to support their own film. That's all it's saying. A JL movie NOW is the WB saying only Batman and Superman are strong enough characters to make it on their own.

This is a bad move/bad sign for the Flash/Wonder Woman feature films.

Greg

15. Frank Castle

Frank Castle Sic vis pacem, para bellum

Easy there scooter, I didn't specifically say that BvS movie they had planned.

16. PeterFries

PeterFries New Member

I disagree with your sentiment about this being necessarily a bad thing but agree with your theory anyway.

If this actually was what WB was saying and thinking, is it so bad, or wrong? Could Flash, Green Lantern or whoever actually support their own film?

Batman Begins and Superman Returns did okay but not great box office versus their budgets. How expensive would a decent GL, WW or Flash movie have to be? Are those characters really strong or compelling enough to give a return on those kinds of budgets?

Now, together, you might get an event movie that could generate the box office to justify the required budget.

I'm just saying.

17. AdamYJ

AdamYJ The Saturday Morning Kid

I'd be okay with that. Then again, I'm a huge comic book geek and would gladly pay money to see characters like Booster Gold, Elongated Man, Vixen and Red Tornado on the big screen.

Well, that is something of a problem. Not so much mucking with Nolan's vision as convincing regular movie-goers to buy into such a world. You may be able to convince people of a world with costumed vigilantes and psychotic criminals(Batman). You may be able to convince people of a world where good and evil stem from the Greek pantheon (Wonder Woman). You may be able to convince people of a world where the greatest hero comes from a dying planet (Superman). You may be able to convince people of a world where people get powers from scientific accidents gone awry (Flash). You may even be able to convince people of a world where beings from the center of the universe choose a human to patrol the spaceways (Green Lantern). The question is: how do you convince them of a world that's all five of those at once (with or without Mars and Atlantis added in for good measure). That's a pretty big pill to swallow.

Honestly, I can't really imagine this movie getting too far off the ground. The budget for it would have to be tremendous to accomodate the special effects.

18. BatKid

BatKid The True Batman

Of which it'd be pretty late to introduce a film that would be the start of a new franchise. I don't see a JL film, if there is ever to be one released, to be a one-shot. This IS WB's only shot at competing with the plethora of Marvel films. Bring all your heavy-hitters into one flick. Granted, the budget would be skyrocketing high, but if done right...the returns would be ginormous.

It will never happen. WW and Flash I can see, but those have been in development hell forever due to WB's short-mindedness. If they can handle all birds with one stone, under a guy that has terrific vision, then why not?

And why CAN'T it work? I'm starting to see a trend of superiority from many bat-fans, like their character is "too good" to be bundled with these other superpowered heroes. Did we forget this character IS and will ALWAYS BE a comic book character? Let alone one that has teamed up with the other heroes various times?

You can cry "Realism" all you want, but I suggest people watch BB again. Let me restate many things in this film just in case:

Guy fighting crime in a batsuit
    Fear-inducing gas from blue flowers
    A "microwave" emitter that somehow doesn't harm humans
    A piece of big towel that becomes a parachute from electricity
    A military-grade vehicle jumping on rooftops

And very soon..

A criminally insane jokester, with white skin, green hair, and red lips.

Yes, those are PRIME examples of realism folks. Yup, no way are THOSE a stretch of the imagination. Nope, no way. :shrug:

Good, then don't watch it. Pretty simple, no?

As opposed to people believing a guy can shoot red beams from his eyes, a woman that can control the weather, someone that can teleport anywhere he pleases, or a guy whose body turns to steel, no less...all under the control of a wheelchair-bound telekinetic?

:confused:

People...film is a form of entertainment. One that almost always features outstanding things. We're not watching a documentary here.

19. AdamYJ

AdamYJ The Saturday Morning Kid

Well, in my experience, there's only so far you can stretch someone's "willing suspension of disbelief" before it snaps. It's not so much convincing people of one outrageous thing as it is convincing people of about seven unrealistic things at once. You mention the X-Men thing. However, once you've convinced people of mutants, you're pretty much set. In fact, if you look at those movies, a couple of non-mutant characters were changed into mutants. Lady Deathstrike is a cyborg in the comics and Juggernaut is a mystically-empowered human. Maybe it was done for story purposes, or maybe they wouldn't have fit into the world the movies created because people would have trouble believing that mutants, cybernetics and the Ruby of Cyttorak all exist in one world and can all grant people power. Superheroes exist in the most amazingly amalgous world around. Your average comic book universe has aliens, detectives, cyborgs, pagan gods, vampires and the lost continent of Atlantis all as canon. That kind of thing might be a little hard to swallow for people who aren't already comic book people. I mean, try explaining to people that two aliens, an Amazon warrior, a man with a cosmic ring, a guy who got powers in a lab accident, a brooding urban vigilante and a king of Atlantis meet regularly to figure out how to protect the world from alien invaders and stuff, and the world gets a bit hard to believe. I'm actually starting to think that this might work better as a more family-oriented movie like Fantastic Four, because kids are sometimes more open to fantastic stuff than grown-ups are.

I may just be whistling dixie, though.

20. KCJ506

KCJ506 New Member

It's too early for this. The target date should be 2013 after WW, Flash and Green Lantern have all had their own movies. I also think at this point the Batman Vs. Superman movie would be a good idea.

This movie would cost like 300 million but if it's done correctly it could make 3 times that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.