1. View our list of the Top 10 Characters That Need a DC Animated Film. Click here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"Justice League: Gods And Monsters Chronicles (Short-form Series)" News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Sep 17, 2014.

1. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

2. Lonewolf36

Lonewolf36 Active Member

Part 1 Twisted is now up on the website

Mod Note: It sure is - and you can watch it and discuss it here!

3. Dreyfus

Dreyfus Active Member

4. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Great article, Dreyfus. So we won't know the villain until the third act of the movie. I'm still guessing its Doc Magnus.

Since we've got Kirk Langstrom as Batman in this continuity, it dawned on me on the status of Bruce Wayne. Maybe he is simply just the playboy billionaire running his company into the ground... or maybe simply Chill killed him, too, on that fateful night in Crime Alley. Wonder if they're going to hint at all about Bruce.

5. cjeromek

cjeromek Member

In another interview with CBR, I think, he hinted that the Wayne's didn't go to the movies that night.

6. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Bruce Timm Discusses His New, Dark World in "Justice League: Gods and Monsters" - Comic Book Resources

As far as Timm knows, Bruce and his parents never went out to the movies that night, nor went into Crime Alley.

Timm being a big fan of The Authority and how it handled the concept of Superheroes explains so, so much :sweat:.

Edit: Beaten by cjeromek :).

7. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Thanks to you both. Guess he's got the "Perchance to Dream" life maybe. lol.

Good to hear season 2 ones will still be stand alone and some will focus on introducing only new members of the JL.

If I'm reading that right, Timm came up with the Gods and Monsters pitch for a rebooted Justice League animated series for TV initially but Register recommended it for home video. I believe that's when Young Jusitce became that 'rebooted Justice League animated series.' Nice little connection there.

8. dtemplar

dtemplar Old School Professor
    Reporter

Seeing Sivanna in the latest episode is one reason I like to see a Shazam! animated movie.

9. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

We probably will, cause they will more than likely promote the heck out of it in a couple years. We'll get a new animated DTV, maybe a Blu-ray release of the 70's live action series, the whole 9 yards. Does WB have the rights to the Filmation animated series?

I expect Wonder Woman will have the same.

10. Otaku-sempai

Otaku-sempai Well-Known Member

Did "Bomb" remind anyone else (in a good way) of the JLU episode "Epilogue"?

11. Pfeiffer-Pfan

Pfeiffer-Pfan Makin' Whoopee!

Yes, everyone keeps referencing the Batman/Ace scene and while I appreciate the connection, I certainly don't think it tops it.

The poignancy in that scene came from the fact that Batman upheld his steadfast rule of 'No Killing' and re-inforced the idea that Ace could trust someone. He believed in her and did the humane thing by being with her in her final moments.

I didn't quite feel that level of emotion with this short, although it came close.

12. reflection01

reflection01 Well-Known Member

The poignancy of this scene is in the contrast with the scene from Epilogue as well as the illusion to Justice Lord Superman lobotomizing Doomsday. b.t. can confirm if that was intentional, but it definitely shows long time DCAU that this is a very different Superman we're supposed to be rooting for now.

13. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

At the end of the Machinima ETC podcast from June 12, around 34:20, Bruce Timm confirmed there will be a Flash in season two. But it was a bit unclear. One of the hosts said 'Lady Flash' to which Timm said 'Yeah' then said 'Flash Grodd' I think.

14. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I would be down with a female Flash, but I have no idea how a Flash Grodd would work :sweat:.

Could be hilarious though :p.

15. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

Hmmm, a lady Flash would be pretty cool. I would be more interested in what they do with an alternate Green Lantern. If I can share something from my youth from watching STAS ep 'In Brightest Day'; I always wondered why he (Jordan or whoever) wouldn't just do a SHAZAM thing and project a seperate entity by remote. If Rayner was a comic artist he would have an idealized comic alter ego. IDK, just figured that would be cool.

16. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

I recall cracking up at the gorilla Flash in that JL 2 parter "The Brave and The Bold".

17. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Oh yeah! That was hilarious. Maybe Timm is using that as a reference :p?

18. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Could be! He has mined past ideas. He pretty much got to use his 1930s Batman idea for BTAS in the recent Strange Days short. But, it wouldn't be the first time there was a good Grodd on the side of good. There was the AU Grodd in part 1 of the season 1 finale of Batman: The Brave and The Bold. And while not entirely good, there was the 'sketchy' Grodd in the Young Justice tie-in comic. So there is kind of a precedent.

19. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

My mind might be playing tricks on me since I heard "lady Flash" before, but it sounded to me like Bruce Timm might have said "Flash broad". I could be completely wrong about that, though. Grodd would make more sense I guess.

As for a potential connection between Grodd and a female Flash, I was thinking they could re-work Giganta's origin from Justice League. Just a thought.

20. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

You could be right, RoyalRubble. There actually has been a Lady Flash in the main canon. Maybe this time, Iris West or Linda Park as Flash? Lisa Snart?