"Justice League: Gods And Monsters Chronicles (Short-form Series)" News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Sep 17, 2014.

1. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

Warner Bros., DC Entertainment and Machinima have teamed up for the all-new Justice League: Gods and Monsters Chronicles animated series, debuting June 8th, 2015 on Machinima. The complete press release, with additional details, can be found at The World's Finest. Below is an excerpt.

[​IMG]
    Keep it locked at The World's Finest and Toonzone News for the latest updates!

Related Threads
    "Justice League: Gods and Monsters" Animated Feature News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

-Movie and Tie-in Comic

2. Pfeiffer-Pfan

Pfeiffer-Pfan Makin' Whoopee!

Sounds very exciting and as always, I'm up for anything involving Bruce Timm.

The concept certainly intrigues me even if it does sounds like a retread of both 'A Better World' from Justice League and Injustice: Gods Among Us.

3. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

So if this were to be a 70 minute film, that's about three 20 minute (or so) eps. Hmmm. The only thing disconcerting is the darker edge. Guess that nails it for the film universe being non-jokey.

4. BigFatHairyDeal

BigFatHairyDeal Defender of the Universe

I sure hope it isn't!

I think this is pretty neat, though. It's like getting a longer movie.

5. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm a bit disappointed. My ears had perked up at the sight of "Animated Justice League".
    I hope the budget is good, some online series tend to be mediocre.

6. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Hmm, so a show about alternate universes. Interesting. Darker versions. Eyeroll. But it's just a marketing blurb. There must be more to the series than just that. Online series? Not my thing. But it is Bruce Timm and Alan Burnett. So, looking forward to learning more about it and learning more.

Makes me wonder what the movie more so now since this 3 part series will debut before the movie.

7. Edgar

Edgar Member

When I read the press-release ...the first thing that came to mind was that this might be a venue for the "Elseworlds" stories (i.e. The Nail, Red Son, The Holy Terror ...etc), but now it just seems like it might just be an animated expansion on the "Injustice: Gods Among Us" brand.

...I really would love to see some incarnations of the "Elseworlds" stories animated someday, but I'm still looking forward to anything "Justice League" with "b.t." attached!

8. Lord Sidious

Lord Sidious Active Member

Wait what is Machinima??? So only Online we can see this series???

9. KYO'NYUU IMOUTO

10. Lord Sidious

Lord Sidious Active Member

Thanks Jacob .

But I'm getting different info in this.

Is this the same Animated Movie that will come out next year but will be split in 3 parts????

OR is this a totally different story that is based on that animated movie???

it also says that it will be shown in Spring WEEKS BEFORE the film??

But the film will be released in Fall unless it swapped places with Batman vs. Robin.

Confusing sigh

11. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Likewise. But I doubt it's an expansion of Gods Among Us, since I'd think they would've had the Injustice tagline somewhere in the title if it were related :sweat:.

I certainly wasn't expecting that Gods and Monsters would be getting a web series alongside the movie, let alone that they'd be available through Machinima. I guess the involvement of Bruce Timm and Alan Burnett is making this a pretty big deal compared to the other animated movies. These have the potential to be pretty cool since they'll likely help expand on the AU world that Gods and Monsters takes place in, and maybe give a good teaser of what to expect from the movie :).

12. ashleesmach1

ashleesmach1 Banned

I'm a little confused is the digital series going to be on tv or on the internet?

13. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

This sounds pretty cool. Having Bruce Timm and Alan Burnett involved also makes me quite eager to check it out next year.

14. Edgar

Edgar Member

...I would infer that it'll appear streaming on their online channel (just search "machinima" on YouTube for the channel) ...as was mentioned, they did a similar thing with a live-action Street Fighter: Assassin's Fist series about 6 months (?) before its disc-release.

15. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

No, there will be both this 3 part online series and the movie next year.

All we know is it's based on the movie. And in this PR, they mention darker versions of Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman. So this series could be the backstory of characters that appear in the movie.

Dates in initial press releases are always tentative.

The Internet. It will be the first online DC animated series. But technically, it's the second. Gotham Girls was the first. Technically.

16. Hero Supreme

Hero Supreme Mr Jinx No More

Dont forget Lobo

17. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Obviously, I did. ;) I stand corrected. Third technically.

18. Otaku-sempai

Otaku-sempai Well-Known Member

If we can consider the press release to be authorative then the official rendering of the animated movie's title is Justice League: Gods & Monsters (with an ampersand). I know that Mr. Harvey seems to be uncomfortable with using such shorthand.

19. Pfeiffer-Pfan

Pfeiffer-Pfan Makin' Whoopee!

Based on her twitter account, it's been confirmed that Susan Eisenberg won't be voicing Wonder Woman in any of the Gods and Monsters projects. I surmised that, given we'd be seeing some BT designs, that they'd get the old cast back together.

I'm not overly disappointed but, for instance, it will be weird hearing another actors voice coming out of a Bruce Timm designed Batman model.

20. Edgar

Edgar Member

...do we even know if it's planned to use the Timmverse designs? ...I'd prefer Phil B's designs if it won't be directly linked to the DCAU. Just IMHO.