"Justice League: Doom (Animated Feature)" News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Apr 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James Harvey

James Harvey Administrator

With the upcoming DC Universe Animated Original Movie title officially announced by Warner Home Video, welcome to the official pre-release discussion thread for the upcoming direct-to-video Justice League: Doom (currently-titled) animated feature! Look no further to discuss any upcoming home video and feature news concerning this upcoming release!

[​IMG]
    Justice League: Doom
    Coming February 28th, 2012 to Blu-ray and DVD!
    For the latest news, check out The World's Finest and the newest posts in this thread!

For other related news, check out the "DC Universe" Animated Feature News & Discussion Thread.

Note: The "Justice League: Doom" animated feature was officially confirmed by Warner Home Video on April 1st, 2011 during WonderCon 2011 (details here). As a reminder, please use spoiler tags if posting graphic and detailed spoilers. Spoiler tags will not be required when the official talkback threads are created for the "Justice League: Doom" animated feature.

2. Azeke

Azeke New Member

What's with the name?

Doom? Seriously?

Tower of Babel seems like fine source for adapting.

3. jondoe297

jondoe297 New Member

This better NOT be an April Fool's Joke :eek: 'coz i LOVE Tower Of Babel!!! :anime: The story pretty much cements Batman's status as someone who can go toe-to-toe w/ the JLA and started all that "prep-time" Bats is so well-known for nowadays! :D

Also, what's awesome, and bittersweet as well, is the late Dwayne McDuffie also wrote this one, DC is truly about LEGACY! His work still lives on w/ his fans, family, friends and colleagues! Can't Wait!!! :chowder:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2011
  4. the greenman

the greenman Active Member

Another JL movie is cool with me, but 2012 is a wait. Oh well. I hope they give us a tribute to Dwayne McDuffie on the disc.

As for the title, I suspect it was changed for religious reasons. I wonder who's directing this. I want to see more Lauren Montgomery.

5. Gold Guy

Gold Guy This ain't Pokemon!

The previous JL film was one of my favorite DC films ever, live-action or animated, so this is one film that I am definately buying.

6. Bobbywoodhogan

Bobbywoodhogan I Will Find Him!

Well happy about this, I wonder what the cast will be for this movie.

7. Bat-Fan Beyond

Bat-Fan Beyond New Member

Yeah, I really think the title "Doom" is weak, too. Especially since they changed the title to the previously released Superman/Batman movie from "The Supergirl from Krypton" to "Apocalypse."

Doom? Apocalypse? I know these are ominous words, but to comic fans they are more reminders of Marvel villains rather than DC titles.

"Tower of Babel" was a fine title, despite its religious connotation.

8. Lord Sidious

Lord Sidious New Member

APRIL FOOL!!!!!

This is a FAKE!!!

9. Bat-Fan Beyond

Bat-Fan Beyond New Member

Dude, that's not cool.

It's real. Why would anyone use Dwayne McDuffies' name to promote a joke? Plus, to tease us with a good story for a potentially good animated feature would just be wrong.

10. suss2it

suss2it New Member

I agree, when I saw the title first thing I thought of was Dr. Doom. Plus Tower of Babel sounds more epic to me. I'm glad that Dwayne's final work is a Justice League movie since he was really good at writing their stories. It's a shame it's not gonna be an original story though.

11. nightstone47

nightstone47 New Member

I loved THE TOWER OF BABEL storylineand always wanted to see it as an animated movie. Spring 2012 is indeed a long wait, but I'll definitely be buying this movie. I loved the last Justice League movie and was wondering when another one was coming. Thanks, Warner Premiere.

12. Pfeiffer-Pfan

Pfeiffer-Pfan Meow.

The only negative thing I can say about this is that the line is certainly lacking diversity...

I wouldn't be surprised if after this we get a The Dark Knight Rises tie-in anthology project in the summer and then another Superman/Batman movie in the autumn.

But hey...

--------------------

On to more positive things... ''Tower of Babel'' was only a 4 issue arc. Easily adaptable into a 75 minute movie and i'm sure they will be able to pick and choose, not to mention embellish the story.

Plus Dwayne McDuffie was always fantastic at Justice League stories and i'm sure this will be no different.

All things considered... I'm very excited for this project! :D A smart decision to adapt this simple but powerful story.

13. Santino

Santino New Member

Niiiice. Can't go wrong with a Justice League flick, everyone's happy :)

14. Bobbywoodhogan

I would love another Superman Batman movie and I want another Superman one, one where he's noit dying please. I would love to see them adapt some elseworlds like Son of Superman.

15. Bat Bruce

Bat Bruce New Member

I understand why they might not want to use Tower of Babel as a name, but there must be a better name than DOOOOOOOOOM!!

Hmmm...... Batman has a cunning plan, Ra's is the villain, lets call it Apocalypse of '09 and solve 2 problems at once ;)

I may be way off but won't this be the first time Plastic Man has been involved in a Bruce Timm production? I'm not sure of his involvement in BATB.

16. Palin Dromos

Palin Dromos The Abyss Stares Back

DOOM also has connotations in the DC Universe

Legion of DOOM

DOOMsday

DOOM Patrol

So that name is fine. Plus the release said "loosely" based on "Tower of Babel". That name makes the most sense if the villains plan involves messing around with language comprehension. That evil plot has already been seen in animation, Batman Beyond's Shriek episode "Babel". They may have changed the evil plot, heck they may even change the prime villain.

Generally when people have been screaming for "ToB" to be adapted they want the "Batman's plans are used against the Justice League" part of the story. So I'd say the only thing we can be sure of is that Batman will be in it. Don't know who's gonna be in the League, who the villian will be or what his/her/their evil plan will be that requires disabling the whole league. Chances are it will be Ra's; his knowledge of Batman's secrets, his global-threat level of villainy, plus the fact that he's never been animated going up against the League make him the obvious, and best candidate. So it's probably safe to assume he's the villain, but lots of stuff will be up in the air until we hear more. Heck "Starcrossed" could be seen as loosely inspired by "ToB".

Looking forward to it.

17. Bobbywoodhogan

That would be so cool I know they say the DCAU is over but they could easily make this so that it could slot into it. Lets get George, Kevin, Phil etc back to do the voices of their characters :D

Wasn't he in JLU at one point?

18. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Active Member

Maybe the tite indicates that the Legion of Doom will play a role in the movie? Maybe after Ras and Talia expose Batman's plans to neutralize each member of the JLA, the Legion catches wind and takes advantage of the strategies?

It's worth noting that McDuffie did have a fairly hyped up and controversial storyline in his JLA run where the Legion defeated and kidnapped the League, so maybe this movie will have elements of that?

19. Raidon Makoto

Raidon Makoto Long Live The Heroes

Let me just throw this out there:

Near Apocalypse of '09?

(I'll get my coat).

20. Mad Hatter

Mad Hatter O Frabjous Day!

Wait, Tower of Babel? As in the JLA arc where Batman leaves the Justice League because his secret files on the Justice League are found by Ra's al Ghul and the League unreasonably overreacts and completely loses its trust in him and wants to kick him out anyway, including Superman who should have trusted Bruce as a colleague and a friend but instead is portrayed as a Grade A jerk and wants him out of the League too.

I might hate this movie a little bit. Plus, they kind of did this in B:TBATB already. But, I'll still give it a chance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.