1. We're giving away Twin Saga MMO Starter Packs on Twitter and Facebook!
    Go here to Follow Us and RT on TWITTER
    Go here to Like our page and Share the Giveaway Post on FACEBOOK
  2. Episode 13 of the Toonzone Podcast is live! Listen to it here: http://www.toonzone.net/toonzone-podcast-episode-13/

We discuss The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, the Nintendo Switch, 20 years of Toonami, Toonami’s first era on Cartoon Network, the Adult Swim era, and what we’d like to see from Toonami in the future.

Dismiss Notice

"Justice League Action" Season One Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Dec 24, 2016.

?

Rate and Discuss this Season of "Justice League Action"!

1. *****

7 vote(s)
    87.5%
  2. ****1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ****

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Greg91

Greg91 Member

It just comes off as another way to beat on a show that's already been hated on left, right and center. Sorry, but that's the way I see it and that's all I have to say.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Radical

Radical The Face of Evil & Epicness!!!!!

Episodes 5,6,7,8,9,and 10 were pretty awesome/enjoyable,

My thoughts:

Cool to see The Flash, Hawkman, Firestorm, Zatanna, Blue Beetle, Big Barda, Swamp Thing, John Constantine, and Space Cabbie, both Firestorm, Blue Beetle, and Space Cabbie were awesome/funny in their best funny moments with Space Cabbie being a fanboy and his photos with the other DC superheroes was great.Hawkman/Big Barda's major roles in Justice League Action were awesome, love Big Barda and her great new character design:D.Both Patton Oswalt/Troy Baker were great as Hawkman/Space Cabbie.Nice seeing other underrated DC superheroes/other fun DC characters get animated though.

Cool to see Lobo, Solomon Grundy, Mr. Mind, The Nuclear Family, Mongul, Chronos, Brother Night, Steppenwolf, and Virman, my favorite awesome DC supervillains, cool seeing Lobo playing the antagonist role after his great anti-hero roles, and Solomon Grundy was handled really great to be an intelligent major boss than a lackey/pawn on creating an evil zombie army:D.Nice seeing more obscure DC supervillains like The Nuclear Family/Brother Night.Loved Mongul's funny defeat from the laughing gas, hahahahaha.John DiMaggio was amazing as Lobo, cool hearing his cool Rath voice.Andy Richter was great as Chronos.

Love Boss Kack, a great new DC alien crime lord villain, I hope to see his return further episodes.

Cool to see The Joker, he was handled so great/enjoyable in Galaxy Jest to have him be a hostage/anti-hero and his lame stand-up comedy/jokes to Mongul's minions was funny.Mark Hamill returning for the Joker role was awesome:D!!!!!

The Batman: The Animated Series reference with Blue Beetle was great/funny.

Superman/Hawkman vs. Lobo, Swamp Thing vs. Solomon Grundy, Superman vs. Mongul, and Superman vs. Steppenwolf were awesome fights, the Superman/Hawkman, Batman/Zatanna/Swamp Thing/John Constantine, Batman/Blue Beetle, and Batman/Big Barda team-ups were cool, and Lobo's chicken insults on Hawkman was so funny.

• Like Like x 2
    #102 Radical, Feb 27, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
  3. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Check out a new episode of Justice League Action, today at 7:30AM ET on Cartoon Network!

[​IMG]
    Justice League Action "Play Date"
    Episode Debut - March 4th, 2017
    Written by - Paul Dini
    Directed by - Shaunt Nigoghossian

Toyman takes over the Justice League and turns them into avatars in a diabolical video game.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

Also, keep in mind this thread is only for the US airings of the show. If you want to talk about any episodes that have aired internationally before making their debut on Cartoon Network in the US, you must use spoiler tags.

4. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

1x11 Play Date

Best episode ever!!! A love letter to Street Fighter and classic DC as well. I love that it was basically Blue Beetle's fault the Watchtower got invaded by Toyman, lmao. Not to snub the other animation studios, but it was a relief to learn DR Movie did this episode...

The Butch Ironstar character in Blvd Brawler, heh heh. Totally Butch Lukic. The SF Alpha opening homage was beautiful and it was also a mini-preview of upcoming characters, too, like Dr. Fate and Stargirl. And putting Batman and Superman in the grass field scene, right on! And the character grid later on teasing Lex Luthor, Ember, Dr. Light, Harley Quinn, and Darkseid.

Ken Jeong nailed it as Toyman, in this case an evil version of Hiro - who actually leans towards the side of good in the comics. But as a caveat, there was one other evil Hiro that I know of. Back in 2010, #17 of the Batman: The Brave and The Bold comic from page 8-9, Batman fought a Toyman/Hiro who couldn't stick to being reformed. Back to the JLA Toyman: Such a unique and entertaining interpretation of a classic villain! And even if you knew nothing of Hiro or Toyman in general, he comes off as that jerk you always come across when you're playing video games online. I get that some won't gravitate towards Jeong and might find him grating but I thought he encapsulated the atypical Internet troll. Sort of a nice anti-thesis to Control Freak in a way.

Batman was hilarious for just being himself in this wacky situation. Not liking the disco dance, classic! Batman's intro was a neat riff on the B:TAS theme. Cool surprise seeing the much re-used TNBA Batcave plus a bunch of Batmobiles - the '66 one, the '89 movie, and the B:TAS ones. The two Robin references were so awesome, but have to go with the last when he loses. - "Robin's... better." :D :D

Superman's intro: Nice homage. Daily Planet, check. "Truth, justice, and the American way" shout out, check. Loved how this version never used the phrase and was confused after he said it. Heh. Or slipping in the S shield from Superman II! And typical Superman's feelings were more hurt than his face when he learned Batman had some Kryptonite in his belt.

Wonder Woman: Lot of love for Golden Age and classic TV WW. The New 52 outfit, the Golden Age design, the 1974 TV movie with Cathy Lee Crosby (so obscure!), and the diving suit (double obscure!) from that Season 4 episode of WW'77 "The Bermuda Triangle Crisis". WW liking the catchphrase was dope. :D Also her intro was a mini-preview of Themyscira for a future episode that will air in the US very soon. Then the bit when she and Batman were on pause - hilarious!

Perfect comedic timing when the Trinity silently stares at Cyborg when he geeks out. Gold. "But Batman doesn't have any powers!" Heh heh. Still, the reveal that Cyborg was "playing" Toyman all along forgives for letting the place get broken into in the first place and proof he still belongs in the League if there any question... And no surprise the episode ends with a "Booyah."

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Greg91

Greg91 Member

Well Yojimbo, you've copied and pasted all the thoughts in my mind. :D Easily my favorite episode of the series so far! Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman teamed up with Cyborg was pure fun and absolutely his best role in the series so far.

I bet kids who watch and enjoy Teen Titans Go! will get a kick out of seeing Cyborg in such a big role on this show. And Ken Jeong was a great Toyman.

Paul Dini did a fantastic job with this episode. No wonder it was shown off at a convention last year (San Diego Comic-Con 2016, I believe?).

Great references including the Street Fighter poses with Martian Manhunter, Dr. Fate, Plastic Man and Stargirl plus some of the Injustice style environmental hazards. Pretty good timing with the Injustice 2 marketing in full gear.

Overall, fantastic episode, but I sadly don't have much to say because Yojimbo stole all the good comments. ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

This was probably the silliest story-line so far, but at the same time it was probably the most fun as well. An episode filled with allusions, parodies and neat fight scenes. I liked just about all the stuff in it - I admit I'm not much of a gamer and never really got into the fighting games like "Street Fighter" they were referencing here, but I appreciated the special intro they re-made with the heroes, and the overall love and fun the crew seemed to have while making this episode.

Cyborg being the one to play against Toyman makes sense considering he's supposed to be among the youngest members of the Justice League. I liked the short mentions of Blue Beetle and Robin, who are also apparently big fans of the game. The former has already appeared on the show so hopefully the latter will show up as well eventually.

It was so cool seeing Batman fight Superman and Wonder Woman. Loved their introductions and their rather confused reactions to them. I was surprised to see a tribute to Superman II with that cellophane S from his cape ("Superman can't do that!" :D). That was probably my favorite bit in the entire episode. I also couldn't think of a better introduction for Batman's Kryptonite ring. Wonder Woman's alternate costumes were a great quick gag. Loved all those backgrounds as well - the Batcave, the Daily Planet, Apokolips.

Toyman was a good antagonist. His army of toys was pretty cool and he had some neat interactions with Cyborg. I wouldn't mind seeing more from him (perhaps in a sequel to "Blvd. Brawlers"?) I wasn't expecting Cyborg to outsmart Toyman by using one of his toys to take control. On a related note, that toy was clearly modeled after Batman but his costume was colored like Superman's.

I'm sure there's a lot of other stuff I liked in here I can't remember at the moment. In closing, if a guy like me, who never really played the games enjoyed the episode so much, I can only imagine how ecstatic the true gamers are. :p

Here's some behind the scenes stuff the storyboard artists shared online:

Will Ruzicka did a much longer parody of the "Street Fighter" intro. It was cut from the episode but he posted some images on his Twitter account.

Matthew Humphreys uploaded animatics for a longer version of Wonder Woman's introduction and an alternate ending for the episode on Vimeo.

And here's the cast list:

Kevin Conroy - Batman
    Ken Jeong - Toyman
    Rachel Kimsey - Wonder Woman
    Jason J. Lewis - Superman
    Khary Payton - Cyborg

• Like Like x 3
  7. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

"Play Date" has probably been one of the more hyped and talked-about episodes of JLA, right down to being the first episode of the series shown to an audience, and I can see why. With the Trinity, the action, the humor, the larger-then-life villain, the Easter Eggs, and the sheer fun of it all, this episode probably best exemplifies what Justice League Action is as a cartoon :D.

Pretty interesting composite of Toyman's for JLA's take on the character. He has the ethnicity of the Hiro Okamura Toyman, as well as the latter's enthusiasm for video games, but he also has the age, petty villainy, and obsession with toys more associated with the Winslow Schott Toyman. I wasn't sure what to think of Ken Jeong as Toyman, but I think he embodied this take on the character very naturally and well without coming off as too annoying or obnoxious :).

It was nice seeing Cyborg take on a lead role here after his last voiced appearance in the Shazam Slam special saw him get quickly taken out of commission by a possessed-by-Uthool Batman. It was also definitely fitting that Cyborg would be the character focused on for a video game episode, even if his love of video games also kind of contributed to the trouble the League had to deal with in the first place. But his pulling a fast-one on Toyman beneath his nose was pretty impressive :proud:.

Cartoons taking on video games can be a bit hit and miss, but I loved the way JLA was able to really incorporate the feel of a fighting game into this episode while still remaining true to the DCU. The intro, the character select screen with the various costumes (loved seeing all those different Wonder Woman looks), the stage select screen, the way characters entered into battle, the catchphrases, everyone calling their attacks, the special moves...it all felt true to a fighting game, particularly in the Street Fighter vein, and was all the more fitting given the existence of the Injustice series ;).

Saying all those "I am Batman" must have reminded Conroy of being at a Comic-Con panel :p.

The brief glimpse we got of Themyscira looks about in-line with what we saw in the sizzle reel, though I wonder if the same will apply to the Batcave? I'm also curious if the display of Batsuits might be teasing the shape of the Batfamily in this universe, though it was probably just a nod to the DCAU :yawn:.

When they loaded up the '66 Batmobile to launch at Wonder Woman, what was the Batmobile that took the B:TAS Batmobile's position on the bottom? I only got a brief look at it but I think it was either the Beware the Batman version or the JLA version o_O.

Wonder Woman talking about establishing an age limit for the League is kind of funny in light of the fact that, aside from Cyborg, we've seen them recruit two other teenagers (Firestorm and Blue Beetle), as well as a kid (Shazam) :rolleyes2:.

So Batman beat Superman, but Wonder Woman beats Batman. I think that evens things out quite well :anime:.

I just love the idea that Batman is knowledgeable about video games, and might have even played them, just because Robin is into them. Also confirms that this Batman does have a Robin, so now the only question is who the heck JLA!Robin is :sweat:?

Y'know, I can get why they would've felt having all four of those heroes pop up out-of-nowhere to stop Toyman would be a random way to end the episode, but I have to say it looked like a pretty awesome sequence :cool:.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    #107 Frontier, Mar 4, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
  8. JoeMabbon

JoeMabbon Death Controller

That was almost word for word my reaction when I first saw Superman II.

Maybe he was a knockoff toy?

[​IMG]

The ending they went with is more concise and clear, but I think I like the alternate ending a little more.

JLA! Teen Titans?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

Oh gosh, as a big gamer myself, I loved this episode. My favorite so far? Wellllll, maybe not - but only by a hair.

And the writer (Paul Dini) didn't do it half-baked either. Everything from the music to the character intros (I laughed at Wonder Woman's reaction to hers) to the over-the-top special moves KRYPTONITE PUNCH) makes me think that Dini either did serious homework - or he's a gamer himself.

Toyman was fun too. He actually reminds me of some real life gamers I know, TBH.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Check out a new episode of Justice League Action, today at 7:30AM ET on Cartoon Network!

[​IMG]

Justice League Action "Repulse!"

Episode Debut - March 11th, 2017
    Written by - Jeremy Adams
    Directed by - Curt Geda

Luthor infects Superman with a magnetic charge that repels everything. As the repulsing charge grows, the Magnetized Man of Steel is fated to spend the rest of his life isolated in space unless the Justice League can figure out a way to free him.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

Also, keep in mind this thread is only for the US airings of the show. If you want to talk about any episodes that have aired internationally before making their debut on Cartoon Network in the US, you must use spoiler tags.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Greg91

Greg91 Member

I thought this was a pretty good episode with our first true look at Clark and Diana's relationship outside of Power Outage. I thought it was pretty interesting and a little awkward to see this version of Superman and Wonder Woman together, but it still kind of worked.

Repulse was a cool villain with an interesting design and abilities (before we find out who it really is). I found James Wood's Lex Luthor took a bit of getting used to, but I think he fit in the role for the most part. Luthor was a compelling threat because he was relentless in his desire to get his way.

It was great to once again see Hawkman, voiced by Troy Baker. He had more lines in this episode than his previous appearance, Follow That Space Cab, I believe. I like this take on Hawkman so it's good to see more of him. His reaction to Superman and Wonder Woman kissing was amusing.

This is also one of the few episodes without Batman, which is nice to see because, like most media, the show tends to overly rely on Batman at times and he's rarely absent from an episode.

• Like Like x 4
    #111 Greg91, Mar 11, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2017
  12. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

1x12 REPULSE!

Mmm, yeah. I'm pretty sure the biggest critique of this episode will be the Superman-Wonder Woman pairing. For me, the Stryker scene and the physics of throwing the lasso in the black hole were my qualms.

I was pleased to see Hawkman also featured and he got fleshed out some more after "Follow that Space Cab!" - and he got to be the voice of the audience. lmao. "Super PDA is the worst." heh.

When it was first announced, I wasn't seeing James Woods as Lex Luthor but after this episode, I'm sold. He's growing on me. Clearly a super villain on this show - none of that mild mannered businessman angle - and I dug that he went with an indirect tactic using his scientific acumen. But the Stryker's scene took me aback. Bypassing prisoner rights, ripping off the prison door, interrogating Luthor -- a little shady. But I suppose the Justice League has been given carte blanche by the administration behind the scenes. It was pretty amusing that Lex almost got killed in his moment of gloating yet he went into scientist mode and marveled at the center of the black hole.

Another nice bit was the return of the space ship from the Shazam Slam opener appearing again. And it's got a 'TIE Fighter' that can split off. Since Hawkman called it Justice-2 -- guess that means the ship is called Justice-1. And Jim Krieg confirmed it.

References - at least they acknowledged Steve Trevor and Lois Lane and why they're not dating their classic love interests. I believe it's the second mention of Lois - the first being "Power Outage" by Jimmy. A mention of the Invisible Jet, check. Wonder Woman confirms she uses the Diana Prince name. Not sure but the 'Static Man' exchange was alluding to Static? A Great Hera! from WW. My favorite reference was probably Lex saying he's a redhead. Heh.

• Like Like x 3
  13. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Pretty good episode. It was cool seeing Lex Luthor make his debut and the return of Hawkman. Plus the first time we see Clark Kent and Diana Prince... and out on a date. I'm not a fan of the Superman and Wonder Woman relationship, there's nothing really wrong with it but I never really cared for it. The people I consider they should end up with were mentioned in the episode, and I admit they came up with a reasonable enough explanation as to why they're not dating Lois Lane and Steve Trevor at the moment. I have to say, these versions of Superman and Wonder Woman have some pretty great chemistry and thus I think their relationship here was more fun than how they have been portrayed in the New 52 Animated direct-to-DVD movies so far.

Luthor's plan was interesting and his Repulse persona was cool. It kind of reminded me of Repeller from Batman Beyond. The fight scene was good and I liked how Superman again used a pretty creative way of defeating his opponent. I figured Luthor was up to something since he seemed to give up too easily when his suit was destroyed. His scenes afterwards were fun, it was funny how intrigued he was about the black hole. All in all, I like this take on Luthor - he's a mad scientist who wants to destroy Superman. It's pretty straight-forward but I think it works for this show.

Hawkman was handled well. It was cool seeing him again, and in a slightly larger role too. His reactions to Superman and Wonder Woman dating were pretty hilarious. Plus, he got in on the action as well. This is only his second appearance but this take on Hawkman just might end up the best animated version of the character (granted, the competition isn't that great to begin with). Hopefully, we'll see a version of Hawkgirl or Hawkwoman as well, at some point.

Some good gags spread throughout as well - Superman flustered at Hawkman mentioning his date, Wonder Woman wanting to kiss Superman while being pushed away, the garlic risotto, Luthor's idea to make black hole vacuum cleaners, etc. My favorite bit was probably Wonder Woman's confession when she ends up tied with her own lasso. :D

Here's the cast list if anyone's curious. I think this is the episode with the least voice actors (or at least tied with "Classic Rock").

Troy Baker - Hawkman
    Rachel Kimsey - Diana Prince / Wonder Woman
    Jason J. Lewis - Clark Kent / Superman
    James Woods - Lex Luthor / Repulse

• Like Like x 3
    #113 RoyalRubble, Mar 11, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2017
  14. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm not the biggest fan of the Superman/Wonder Woman romance, which made me all the more surprised to see it referenced here and made central to the plot of this episode, but I thought it's handling here was cute and harmless fun. I am curious if we'll see it developed in later episodes or see some more flirting between Clark and Diana, or if it'll just be reserved to a one-off :ack:.

It was nice getting to see Superman and Wonder Woman in their secret identities, as Clark Kent and Diana Prince, in action and establishing that they have them :).

Makes me wonder how long before we see Batman unmasked as Bruce Wayne :rolleyes2:?

JLA Clark Kent's outfit was like straight out of the DCAU with the blue suit and slicked back hair. Honestly, there are times where I feel like you could just substitute in Tim Daly for Jason Lewis midway into an episode and there's a good chance most people wouldn't even notice :p.

So Wonder Woman's "Diana Prince" disguise amounts to just...not wearing her costume and using different earrings? I would've expected she'd be sporting some glasses at least. Then again, with the way she looked in that dress, I imagine most people are probably too distracted to notice the resemblance to Wonder Woman :D.

I'm glad they at least acknowledged Lois and Steve in this episode, affirming that they both exist in this universe, are a part of Clark and Diana's lives, and are their more traditional love interest. Hopefully we'll see them appear in the show proper at some point and get to interact with Superman and Wonder Woman respectively ;).

It was nice to see Hawkman again. He plays a solid straight-man on this show, especially against the romance antics of Superman and Wonder Woman here. Makes me wonder what his relationship with Hawkgirl is like by comparison :anime:.

It was cool seeing Luthor finally make his debut as a villain here, and his portrayal here was pretty classic as far as the devious mad genius who lives to make Superman's life a pain through creative plans :evil:.

I did find it interesting that they went with a gold and black design for his Warsuit, like in Crisis on Two Earths, rather then the traditional green and purple.

I thought James Woods' Lex Luthor was okay. I can see where they were going in casting Woods as Luthor, and he did alright here, but I thought there were times where his performance felt a little wooden and he sounded like he needed a throat lozenge :sweat:.

Wonder Woman and Hawkman couldn't have just scheduled an interrogation with the warden or something? They had to just walk up to Luthor's cell, rip it open, and then threaten him to get him to talk? I mean, I'm used to Superheroes taking the law into their own hands, due process be darned, but that seemed a little much o_O.

Pretty impressive feat from Wonder Woman, saving Superman and Luthor from that black hole. She is one wondrous woman :proud:.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

I think Woods does a better performance in an upcoming episode that's aired overseas already. So I think for this episode, you can chalk it up to working out the kinks.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. JoeMabbon

JoeMabbon Death Controller

I think that was just there for drama since they just use the Lasso in the end anyway.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. BigFatHairyDeal

BigFatHairyDeal Defender of the Universe

I'm somewhat caught up on the series now. I'll comment on the last three episodes:

"Under a Red Sun": My memory must be getting faulty. I thought that Superman's broken leg in this episode was a tribute to Superman #300, but that was another issue, or something else altogether. Still, an altogether great episode for Superman fans. The last line terrifically sums up Superman.

"Play Date": I was a Street Fighter junkie in the 1990's, so I loved the Street Fighter Alpha and Alpha 2 direct references. As an aside, I joked for a long time that if I had artistic skill, I would re-imagine the JLA as Street Fighter characters. I'll likely never acquire that skill, so this episode kind of did that work for me. And the tributes didn't stop at Street Fighter; Injustice fans would like the environment interaction, and any fighting game fan can appreciate alternate costumes (also a nod to WW's history), taunts, and BS character abilities (Superman II, anyone?). My sister and brother-in-law thought the episode was just weird, and aren't keen on the show, but they don't know what they're missing.

"Repulse": Pretty funny stuff. I know a lot of people hate Superman/Wonder Woman, so I get why they wouldn't tune in. But as long as that doesn't make your skin crawl, it's a goofy episode in line with the tone of the series, and pokes fun at the history of their more traditional love interests, as well as references recent and not-so-recent DC story ideas. Most of all, I like the out-of-this-world backdrop with the black holes and Luthor's weapons.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. Road to Gotham

Road to Gotham Well-Known Member

I thought REPULSE was the Best episode of the series so far.
    Enjoyed seeing Clark and Diana together on a date.
    And the reactions of Hawkman were funny. Although I don't like the bodysuit they gave him.
    Also was surprise by the twist that it was Lex Luthor behind the Repulse character.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster Active Member

From what I heard the SuperWonder date was a one-time thing, to which I say PHEW! Partially because LOIS AND CLARK FORVER-but also because this came out of no-where. Man, even the New52 versions had more build-up than this. THE NEW-52 VERSIONS!

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. BigFatHairyDeal

BigFatHairyDeal Defender of the Universe

Are you talking about some of the tweets from Jim Krieg? I don't think he committed to anything one way or another.

I think people get too caught up in the vitriol about who's dating whom in comics, TBH, and it kind of shows the ugly side of comic book fandom... :(

• Agree Agree x 2