1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"Justice League Action" News & Discussion Thread, Part 4 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Mar 31, 2017.

1. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Man, Laura Post has some range. You'd never have guessed that Circe's voice was the same person who voiced Barda :cool:.

2. Troy Troodon

Troy Troodon Well-Known Member

She's kind'a like the anime-dubbing equivalent to Jennifer Hale, Grey Griffin or Vanessa Marshall to an extent.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

There's potential there...
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  4. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

It's pretty cool they're using Circe, an actual Wonder Woman villain. She doesn't exactly have the best rogues gallery (and I'm still kind of surprised that Cheetah is absent from the show, at least this season). Circe and Luthor seem like a nice couple, kind of mirroring the Wonder Woman & Superman pairing from a few episodes ago.

That bit from the clip with Luthor's shiny bald head was pretty hilarious. I'm guessing this episode will feature that scene with Wonder Woman calling Superman and Batman her sidekicks from the sizzle reel.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  7. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Yeah, I recall a silhouette with a mask and cape that looked a lot like Huntress, but good to hear that she'll be turning up and I can't wait to see her full design and how she'll be handled ;).

I wonder if Kimsey is mentioning her because she's also voicing Huntress :)?

• Agree Agree x 3
    #87 Frontier, Apr 22, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
  8. M.O.D.O.K.

M.O.D.O.K. Scientist Supreme
    Staff Member Moderator

The app game Justice League Action Run updated. In addition to adding two new playable heroes (Hawkman and Swamp Thing) and some extra costumes, it added Penguin's entry to the bio section, complete with a design.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  9. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Here's a screenshot of Penguin's design from the game:

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Very...top-heavy take on the Penguin here :sweat:.

Though is he even wearing a penguin tuxedo now :confused:?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Or raided B:TAS Bruce's closet. That yellow reminded me of that stock suit he had, lol.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Now imagine the jacket being brown :p.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

If he has a sidekick that looks like Alfred. I'm out. :p

• Like Like x 2
  14. Greg91

Greg91 Member
    Reporter

Hmm... He doesn't look exactly like that in the show.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    #94 Greg91, Apr 25, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
  15. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

http://www.holybatcast.com/podcast/...nder-woman-in-justice-league-action/2017/4/24

Rachel Kimsey was a guest on the new episode of the Holy BatCast podcast. It's around 91 minutes long but the interview with Kimsey lasts for only about an hour. She talks about how she got to work on Justice League Action, working with the other voice actors, what she thinks of Wonder Woman, and some other things. It's pretty entertaining stuff.

I think the only real news in there would be that she mentions there's an episode with both Lex Luthor and Joker in it coming up later in the season, and there will also be a Christmas Special.

• Informative Informative x 4
  16. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I was expecting we'd see a Joker/Luthor team-up at some point, so no surprise there, but a Christmas special sounds awesome :D!

I wonder if it'll actually air around Christmas though :sweat:?

• Like Like x 1
  17. btgr

btgr Member

If Justice League Action gets cancelled after 1 or 2 Seasons, they can always move to the new DC Digital Service.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

The Christmas special will probably air on Labor Day. :/

Ugh, I feel that's myopic to say but everyone's going to when something is cancelled or ends before they think it should. It's not like DC Digital Service has infinite money to take on all titles. It's in it's infancy and needs time to grow and bring in more financial backing to get at Netflix's level. I'm not attacking you in particular, btgr, but I'm seeing this sentiment a lot today and that's my 2 cents. Sorry, if it appears I'm lashing out at you. But I'm not. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Greg91

Greg91 Member
    Reporter

I have the same opinion as others and I understand why people are saying this. Look what Cartoon Network is doing with Justice League Action. I loved Green Lantern: The Animated Series and Beware the Batman and CN screwed them over. While Young Justice is coming back after CN screwed that show over too, GL and Beware aren't likely coming back. I really don't want to see CN cancel DC's shows any more so if anything does happen to Justice League Action, now we have hope it can still survive.

Yes, DC's streaming service was just announced, but by the time Justice League Action season one ends, depending on what happens, there could be a chance for the service to feature a second season. Especially if they want more shows to promote besides Young Justice and Titans.

I don't want to get too heated but I loved GL and Beware. A Batman show got cancelled after ONE season! Green Lantern didn't even get to show the Sinestro Corps. I don't want this to happen again and if the streaming service can stop that in the future, I'm all for it.

I'm also not trying to lash out at you, but DC animated TV has a chance to thrive again and I definitely want that to happen.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    #99 Greg91, Apr 25, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
  20. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Active Member

Beware the Batman seemed doomed from the start. A CG show with no iconic Batman villains (at least at the start) and Katana as the sidekick instead of Robin or Batgirl? I remember when the show first came out I said this show looks like it'll probably bomb, and I was right.

Justice League Action on the other hand has no reason to be canceled early. WB gave CN what they wanted, a somewhat lighthearted DC show with short episodes and lots of humor. The characters and plots are designed to be appealing to children unlike Young Justice which always skewed older and had plots that would fly over kids heads. So if JLA gets canceled, that's some real nonsense.