1. View our list of the Top 10 Characters That Need a DC Animated Film. Click here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Justice League Action" News & Discussion Thread, Part 4 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Mar 31, 2017.

1. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Yeah, I think we all still feel the pain there :sweat:.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Not sure when @James Harvey will get the April schedule from CN, but according to zap2it, it appears "Hat Trick" has been pushed back to April 8 and thus the others a week back. Probably in observance of Wonder Con. EDIT: Saw on CN there's some April Fool's event planned. That's why probably.

• Informative Informative x 2
    #22 Yojimbo, Mar 31, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
  3. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Makes me wonder if "Hat Trick" is the episode they're going to debut at Wonder Con...

4. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

I hope it's one that hasn't aired anywhere. It'd be cool if it's one with new characters that haven't been seen yet. Like Mr. Terrific.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Greg91

Greg91 Member
    Reporter

From what I've read, Cartoon Network has a more direct role with Teen Titans Go in comparison to their other acquired shows. I'll see if I can find any sources, but that would seem to be the reason.
    Bleeding Cool asked CN for an update on the show's status since it wasn't in the upfront. This was the response they received.

UPDATE: Cartoon Network has provided Bleeding Cool with the following statement about the current, first season:

Premieres of JLA will continue Saturday, April 8 and Saturday, April 28 (7:30am, ET/PT).

• Informative Informative x 2
  6. Toon4Thought

Toon4Thought Giving a slightly closer look.

That would explain certain things, but why would that be the case to begin with?

Also, beyond the fact that they didn't really answer the question, the 28th ain't a Saturday.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I don't think that update really confirms anything about the show's renewal, just that it will continue airing on Cartoon Network. Which is still pretty good. I still think it's too early to tell for sure if the show has been cancelled so I'll remain optimistic about that.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. SFSnaggle

SFSnaggle Member

I have genuinely enjoyed the series so far though I have been severely dissapointed by CN's poor treatment of the show and am hoping despite that things like Digital Downloads, toy sales and any future DVD releases do well enough to get it a second season.

In a year with two big DC films there is no reason for CN to not promoting the heck out of this show.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    #28 SFSnaggle, Apr 2, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2017
  9. Otaku-sempai

Otaku-sempai Well-Known Member

Especially when one of those big, tent-pole films is an actual Justice League movie.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    #29 Otaku-sempai, Apr 2, 2017
  10. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

News from Wonder Con are probably still forthcoming, but looking through the #JusticeLeagueAction hashtag on Twitter for comments from people attending the panel, they screened 2 episodes:

- "Forget Me Not", written by Jeremy Adams and starring Firestorm
    - "Garden of Evil", featuring Poison Ivy, Vixen and Swamp Thing. Written by Paul Dini.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    #30 RoyalRubble, Apr 2, 2017
  11. TheModster

TheModster New Member

Ohh, Poison Ivy and Swamp Thing in an episode together? That should be interesting!

This is the first time I've heard of "Forget Me Not", it isn't on any episode lists I've seen. Wonder what it could be about.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

So they did premier episodes nobody's seen yet :D.

Poison Ivy? Vixen? Swamp Thing? All together? Sounds like an awesome episode :cool:.

Now I'm really curious about the plot of "Forget Me Not..."

I'm guessing by "guy who had a cartoon in the 90's," they mean Batman :p?

• Like Like x 2
  13. ShadowStar

ShadowStar Member

No Harley Quinn in "Garden of Evil"? I thought it was reported that Paul Dini had written a couple of Harley and Ivy team-ups for this series - guess they must be coming later in the season...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Greg91

Greg91 Member
    Reporter

More Firestorm... We've gotten plenty of him so far (you guys will see when some more episodes air in America.) I'd much prefer seeing Flash, Green Lantern, Space Cabbie or Mr. Terrific.

Garden of Evil, on the other hand, sounds pretty cool. It will be awesome to see Swamp Thing again and hopefully a strong role for Vixen and Poison Ivy.

It almost aired in Canada before being pulled at the last minute. The one new episode Canada got was called Double Cross. I haven't seen anyone talk about it online, so if anyone wants to know some minor details about it and the description, you can check out the spoiler tag.

It will be nice to see them individually before teaming-up in my opinion. They're strong characters on their own as well as together.

• Like Like x 4
  15. HEATXZ

HEATXZ Duck Knght

I saw a commercial for Justice League Action toys while i was watching Tales of TMNT it show Batman with wings and voice plus the batmoblie
    Its good to know there advertising the toys

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

It even sounded like Kevin Conroy recorded his voice for the toy :anime:.

But yeah, it's good to see the toys promoted. If CN isn't going to really promote the show, we can only hope fan appeal, ratings, and toy sales can keep JLA afloat :sweat:.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I think it's pretty cool the Wonder Con premieres were episodes that haven't aired anywhere else. I was expecting them to pick stuff that focused on the Trinity more (like "Play Date" last year) but these sound good too. Looking forward to their eventual debuts on television.

There should be still around 7 episodes written by Paul Dini left to premiere, so there are still chances for Harley and Ivy to appear together. That should be fun.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I hope we get at least one proper episode with Harley in it before we get Harley and Ivy together. Her appearance in "Speed Demon" was fun, but it was basically just a cameo :ack:.

I'm also curious if we'll see Harley and Joker together at least once, and if there's at least one more Joker episode in store for us this season on JLA....

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

From CN via @James Harvey, PR confirmed new episodes will only be on April 8 and April 29. No titles given but sites online have it as "Hat Trick" on the 8th and "Luthor in Paradise" on the 29th.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Well, hopefully they're working out May's schedule as we speak :sweat:.

• Agree Agree x 1