1. Episode 13 of the Toonzone Podcast is live! Listen to it here: http://www.toonzone.net/toonzone-podcast-episode-13/

We discuss The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, the Nintendo Switch, 20 years of Toonami, Toonami’s first era on Cartoon Network, the Adult Swim era, and what we’d like to see from Toonami in the future.

Dismiss Notice

"Justice League Action" News & Discussion Thread, Part 4 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Mar 31, 2017.

1. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I agree he was an unconventional and in some ways ill-fitting casting for Black Adam, but he still grew on me over the course of "Shazam Slam" :).

EDIT 7/15: I thought this warranted mentioning...right before the latest episode, there was a short teaser with animation advertising Justice League Action "Coming Up Next" that featured Stargirl facing off against Harley Quinn ;).

Pretty sure that's from an episode that both hasn't aired yet or been released online :).

• Like Like x 2
  2. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

News from the San Diego Comic Con are probably still forthcoming, but apparently they screened two new episodes again. One of them is titled "Watchtower Tour"; a Booster Gold story with Toy Man, Granny Goodness and Joker as the villains.

The other episode screened featured Darkseid's return.

• Informative Informative x 4
  3. Troy Troodon

Troy Troodon Well-Known Member

That's an... interestingly random.

#263 Troy Troodon, Jul 20, 2017 at 4:48 PM
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2017 at 6:41 PM
  4. ShadowStar

ShadowStar Member

Sounds quite similar to the JLU comic issue which featured Joker and Harley breaking into the Watchtower. They had to deal with Hawkgirl, Zatanna, Crimson Avenger and another hero (Elongated Man, I think).

• Like Like x 2
  5. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Toy Man, Granny Goodness, and Joker is a very...eclectic mix of villains :sweat:.

Of course they're also facing off against Booster Gold :p.

A tour of the Watchtower sounds fun. Lots of cool stuff and easter eggs they can probably show off :).

• Like Like x 2
  6. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

• Like Like x 3
  7. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

This feels like it wouldn't be out-of-place in that upcoming Christmas special :D.

And I just love Batman being so uncomfortable amidst all the smiling :p.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

• Informative Informative x 3
    #268 RoyalRubble, Jul 21, 2017 at 12:40 AM
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2017 at 12:50 AM
  9. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Blue Devil would've been a fun character to see turn up...though I guess he wasn't on that character list DC gave the crew :sweat:.

10. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

That's a character I just could never get into. I prefer my Hellboy better. Having said that, be interesting to see if he sjows up in the Arrowverse.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Here's a recording of the Comic-Con panel. It's 34 minutes long. Pretty entertaining stuff.

Some of the stuff revealed:
    - Supergirl will appear a little later in the season, but she might show up sooner in the animated shorts.
    - They talk about some scenes that were cut from "The Trouble with truth", like Superman hoding out a chair for Athena.
    - Jason J. Lewis says the "Kneel before Zod!" line in Zod's voice. :p
    - If they get a second season, Diedrich Bader jokes he wants to play Penny Plunderer (apparently, his son is in the audience dressed like this character).
    - "Under a Red Sun" was jason J. Lewis' favorite episode. "Time Out" is Diedrich Bader's favorite.
    - Solomon Grundy will appear in the Christmas episode. Rachel Kimsey's favorite episode to record. They mention the episode will really air around Christmas.
    - They think crossovers with Scooby-Doo or the Looney Tunes would be a great idea.
    - One of the last episodes of the season will feature a race between Superman and Flash.

• Informative Informative x 3
  12. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I was wondering if we would see any characters debut in the shorts first. Seems like it might be the case for Supergirl :).

Jason J. Lewis finally get to say "Kneel before Zod" :p.

Seeing Grundy back in the Christmas episode should be fun. Also good to know it'll actually air around Christmas ;).

I'd be totally down with a Scooby-Doo or Looney Tunes crossover :cool:.

Ooh! An episoded dedicated to the classic Superman and Flash race. Sound awesome :D.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Greg91

Greg91 Member

I really do hope this show gets a second season. All the ideas they mentioned sound great (John Stewart and Jason Todd, all the thumbs up!). I really liked how everyone on the panel mentioned supporting the show and contacting Cartoon Network citing Young Justice as the possible results. High five to the fan who asked that question.

I also really liked what Jason J. Lewis said about voicing Superman and playing a more heroic and optimistic version of the character than we've seen in, say, the DCEU or the Injustice games. Really panel overall.

I'm also wondering if Hal Jordan will have his first major appearance in the shorts like Supergirl.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

• Like Like x 1
  15. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

A late addition to the season? Pity.

So, October? :p

Can't wait to see how it differs from the S.TAS one aside from Wally.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Makes me wonder how long we'll have to wait for Mr. Terrific :ack:.

I wonder if that recording with Rachel Kimsey and Joanne Spracklen was for a short :)?

Wow, it's almost hard to believe it's been that long since we've seen a Superman and Flash race in animation :eek:.

• Agree Agree x 1