"Justice League Action" News & Discussion Thread, Part 4 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Mar 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Found an interview with storyboard artist/revisionist Emi Yonemura. She doesn't give anything away but a good piece on her background, interests, and the like if you want to know more about a name that speeds past on the end credits.

For comedic purposes and I would find it hilarious if Ronnie and Jaime trade bodies and thus, mental partners. Ronnie and Khaji-Da might be good.

• Like Like x 2
    #221 Yojimbo, Jun 27, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2017
  2. jkoolpe

jkoolpe Member

I don't know how he did it...I think it was available On Demand through our DirectTV, but he found and we watched another new episode on Sunday that involved Space Cabbie and Kanjar Ro.

I forget the title, but it was there for the watching in the DirectTV On Demand menu.

FYI... :)

Jon

• Like Like x 1
  3. M.O.D.O.K.

M.O.D.O.K. Scientist Supreme
    Staff Member Moderator

Speaking of that, those have just been updated with July's batch of new episodes. So, anyone who has cable (and didn't displace their account information to log in like a certain someone lol) can watch them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. RegularCapital

RegularCapital The Third Dimension

I've managed to record the short promo as seen on CN UK.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Bestmand902

Bestmand902 Active Member

6. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Haven't watched the episodes yet, but I found the voice credits for two of them online, if anyone is curious:

Yeah, that was discussed back when it was posted (it's from the end of March). And I still think there's time to renew the show for a 2nd season.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

<looks at 4th character in Fatal Fare listing> Wha?! Her? But makes sense the voice of Atrocitus would be voicing 'him'.

Yeah, as Royal is alluding to, CN is pretty haphazard. In the past TTG! has been unlisted in these PR still continued on.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I was surprised as well. It would make more sense if the episode is by Paul Dini, similar to Harley's hyenas showing up recently.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Otaku-sempai

Otaku-sempai Well-Known Member

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. ShadowBeast

ShadowBeast Well-Known Member

Since they haven't been aired yet, but are on On-Demand, Of course I'll have put them under spoilers since by the time they air I'll lose what I want to say about them.
    The Fatal Fare: I loved this one. It was hilarious and I loved how Roxy Rocket was used as a neutral character instead of a villain. I think my only complaints was how weak Darkseid was and how his Omega beams looked. And how are the characters able to breathe in space? But other than that, this was fantastic. Space Cabby having to pick up Darkseid, the dealings with Darkseid was hilarious. But the gran-daddy of funny was in the end when Space Cabby had to call his competition (AKA Roxy) for a ride since his cabby broke down.
    Mxy's Mix-Up: I liked how Batman and Superman were playing bad-cop/good-cop with training StarGirl. Mxyptlk switching their minds into different bodies made for a great episode and it was great that Gilbert Gottfried voiced him. Though I like how his name was pronounced in Superman better. StarGirl suggesting to call in Firestorm being a brilliant plan to turn Mxyptlk's plan against him, but really she just wanted to meet him, was both hilarious and cute.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Justice League Action will have a panel at San Diego Comic-Con:
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/06...-justice-among-over-20-shows-wbtv-is-bringing

• Informative Informative x 2
  12. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

14. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Ugh, here we go again with whack-a-mole-scheduling. Anything from PR, @James Harvey?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

Not yet, but I'll get in touch with them to try and see if we luck out with some schedule details.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

As annoying as that is, a new episodes a new episode at least ;).

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

Cartoon Network has provided The World's Finest with the July 2017 schedule of new Justice League Action episodes slated to air on the network. Episodes air Saturdays at 7:30am (ET/PT). Continue below for the details.

• Saturday, July 8: “Time Out”– Batman must team up with Booster Gold when an inter-demoniacal alien creature starts eating up time literally.
    • Saturday, July 15: “The Fatal Fare”– Space Cabbie inadvertently learns about a great threat to the Justice League when one of his passengers turns out to be Darkseid.
    • Saturday, July 22: “Mxy’s Mix-Up”– As the Justice League is trying to protect the United Nations from Grodd’s gorilla army, Mr. Mxyptlk pops up from the fifth dimension and thinks it would be great fun to put each of the superheroes’ brains into another hero’s body.
    • Saturday, July 29: “Supernatural Adventures in Babysitting”– Stargirl has to enlist Constantine’s help when Klarion the Witch Boy takes the place of the boy she’s supposed to be babysitting.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Amazon preorder page for a Season 1 Part 1 US release on September 5 has shown up.

EDIT: Just saw Dini's replies in the comment section about the shorts. Funny he recruited Patton Oswalt for the cabbie role by PM.

• Like Like x 1
    #238 Yojimbo, Jun 30, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2017
  19. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Cool :cool:.

Well, that's certainly a different kind of audition process :p.

Although I imagine a lot of the more famous or semi-famous names playing characters in JLA were contacted about the role rather then through open audition (this likely extends to the role reprisals as well) :).

• Agree Agree x 2
    #239 Frontier, Jul 1, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2017
  20. RegularCapital

RegularCapital The Third Dimension

A Justice League Action puzzle as seen in the kids section of The Sun's newspaper's* TV Magazine supplement this week in the UK.

JusticeLeagueAction.jpg

* I use the term newspaper very loosely, as it's a tabloid newspaper, but yet the best selling newspaper in the UK, but still publicity nonetheless.

• Like Like x 2
    #240 RegularCapital, Jul 1, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.