1. View our list of the Top 10 Characters That Need a DC Animated Film. Click here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Justice League Action" News & Discussion Thread, Part 4 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Mar 31, 2017.

1. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Ah, that could be it. It could explain why Rachel Kimsey and Joanne Spracklen were recording together, with Supergirl on Themyscira ;).

Though if Booster is on Paradise Island...ooh boy :p.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

I only remember green bushes and shrubs in Play Date and Luthor in Paradise but I've been wrong before. it could be a wink at the Superman/Batman comic when Supergirl lived on Themyscira for a bit.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Clip from this week's episode, "Double Cross":

• Like Like x 2
  4. Otaku-sempai

Otaku-sempai Well-Known Member

Is it just me, or does Plaz sound like Tim the Bear (voiced first by Seth MacFarlane and later by Jess Harnell) from The Cleveland Show? It's like he's the red-headed stepchild of Steve Martin and Bobcat Goldthwait.

• Informative Informative x 1
    #184 Otaku-sempai, Jun 8, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2017
  5. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

Cartoon Network has passed over details for the remaining new episodes of Justice League Action slated to debut on the network in June. Details are below.

·Saturday, June 10: “Double Cross” –Batman has Plastic Man disguise himself as Two-Face in order to set a trap for Deadshot. Unfortunately things get complicated when the real Two-Face escapes custody.

·Saturday, June 17: “Battle for the Bottled City”– Atom shrinks Superman so he can visit his fellow Kryptonians in the bottled city of Kandor. Soon after, Brainiac attacks and takes off with the bottle. Atom is forced to take control of one of Superman’s damaged robots in order to follow after Brainiac and retrieve the city.

·Saturday, June 24: “Garden of Evil”– Poison Ivy takes control of Swamp Thing using his vegetative powers to overwhelm Gotham with dangerous plants.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 3
  6. ShadowStar

ShadowStar Member

Good to know that the USA is almost half-way through season 1! I know Yojimbo previously posted the tentative schedule (which included All Aboard the Space Train for the 1st of July) but it's nice to have confirmation. I assume all 52 episodes of season 1 have been recorded at this point...

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

In this Facebook Live interview, around the 37:00 minutes mark, Jennifer Muro confirmed she wrote the episode "The Ringer", and that it has "a little bit of Wonder Woman, a little bit of Superman, a little bit of the Atom, a little bit of Green Lantern". She talks for only like a minute about it; the rest of the interview covers other stuff.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

It's nice to finally have some kind of official confirmation on a Green Lantern appearance :D.

Though if Hal's in it, and with a title like "The Ringer," maybe this is where we'll see the other Lantern Corps. pop up :)?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Agreed, that's awesome to finally hear something about GL. I'm also living the recurring appearances of Ray Palmer. Though I suppose the speculation about that episode is who's the ringer for who. Do Superman and WW go down and it's up to GL and Atom to save the day?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Or everybody's a ringer because they have Lantern rings :rolleyes2:?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Oh yeah...heh heh. :sweat: That pun flew over my head.

• Like Like x 3
  12. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

• Like Like x 2
  13. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

It'd be more surprising if it isn't, although I think having the VA for Superman also voice Bizarro is kind of a tradition at this point ;).

Besides, I'm sure Jason J. Lewis can come up with a fun take on Bizaroo...on top of everybody else he's playing of course :p.

• Like Like x 1
  14. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

June 12th:
    Justice League Adventures: Trapped in Time is the only recent cartoon I can think of where Superman and Bizarro had different voice actors (Peter Jessop and Michael Donovan, respectively).

Here, it seems Jason J. Lewis is voicing all male characters that are Kryptonian, Kandorian or even just Kryptonian pets, so I don't think the clone of a Kryptonian is that much of a stretch. :p

June 13th:
    Some new episode titles and descriptions are up on Zap2It. No air-dates available yet.

Booster's Gold
    Mxy's Mix-Up
    Supernatural Adventures in Babysitting
    The Fatal Fare
    Time Out

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

Wow, looks like Booster Gold will get at least two major appearances. He's usually a fun character, so I'm ready.

EDIT: Oh, and Cabbie and Darkseid interacting has so much potential.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

All of these episodes sound like a lot of fun. I can't wait to watch them :D.

Nice to see Booster will finally be getting some major spotlight in the future, especially since we haven't seen him since Shazam Slam. The premise for the Green Arrow/Booster team-up just sounds like such a Booster Gold plot :anime:.

Mxyzptlk switching the League's brains has the potential for a lot of fun, depending on the heroes involved and how they handle it. I imagine the big issue will be adapting to each other's powers on-top of fighting Grodd's army :eek:.

I wonder if Flash will be in it since the League is dealing with Grodd :)?

I also wonder if the League will switch voices once they switch brains or if they'll keep the voice of the body they inhabit? I hope the latter happens just to hear the VA's try and impersonate one another :rolleyes2:.

Constantine and Stargirl is an odd team-up, but it'll be cool watching them square off against Klarion ;).

Oh lord...Space Cabbie and Darkseid. This I have to see :p.

I wonder if the creature Batman and Booster end up fighting is a variant of the Time Trapper :ack:?

• Like Like x 1
  17. ShadowStar

ShadowStar Member

I can't believe we're getting a sequel to "Trick or Threat" so soon! Well, sort of, anyway... Klarion has obviously escaped from the House of Mystery (I honestly expected him to remain trapped until a potential second season) and here we have him facing off against Constantine again.

"The Fatal Fare" sounds incredible - hope it doesn't disappoint...

The Grodd and Mxy team-up also sounds cool.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I think it was Alan Burnett who mentioned in a recent interview from Wonder Con that there will be more stories with Booster Gold soon. He talked about the one with Green Arrow and dinosaurs, and the Mxy & Grodd episode. Also, regarding the title I remember DC Super Hero Girls had a similar gag with Booster's Gold Mine (I think in "Hero of the Year").

It should be nice seeing more Stargirl, though I wasn't expecting Klarion to return. I figured they'd bring back Constantine at some point.

Space Cabbie was a given for "The Fatal Fare", but Darkseid sure is a nice surprise. I'm really looking forward to these new episodes plus whatever else this show has to offer.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Oh yeah. Time Trapper. Could be. It made me think of the Time Creature from WF #107. Had a cameo on a Batmite episode on The Brave and The Bold.

• Like Like x 2
  20. btgr

btgr Member

Thoughts on Booster's Gold: Will they make a Batman & Robin "What Killed the Dinosaurs?" joke?

Thoughts on Mxy's Mix-Up: Where's Hans Blix when you need him?

• Like Like x 3