1. View our list of the Top 10 Characters That Need a DC Animated Film. Click here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"Justice League Action" News & Discussion Thread, Part 4 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Mar 31, 2017.

1. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Welcome to the fourth installment of the Justice League Action News & Discussion Thread, here on Toon Zone! Use this thread to keep up to date with the latest news about the show and discuss them in a civilized manner!

[​IMG]
    Channel: Cartoon Network
    *New episodes premiering Saturday mornings at 7:00 AM ET

Justice League Action series details:

Cast and crew details - will be edited on a regular basis as more information comes out.

Previous Discussion Threads:

"Justice League Action" News & Discussion Thread, Part 1 (Spoilers)
    "Justice League Action" News & Discussion Thread, Part 2 (Spoilers)
    "Justice League Action" News & Discussion Thread, Part 3 (Spoilers)

NOTE: We appreciate and encourage discussion. Keep your posts thoughtful, relevant and insightful. Do not post any improper or inflammatory material, in addition to conducting yourself in a proper and civilized manner. And please, don't post for just the sake of posting. Have something of worth to add to the conversation. We will issue warnings and infractions if we believe it necessary. Remember, keep discussions ON-TOPIC!

Additionally, please use spoiler tags when discussing episodes airing internationally before premiering in the US. Likewise, no mention of where or how these episodes can be viewed illegally online.

• Like Like x 1
    #1 RoyalRubble, Mar 31, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
  2. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Active Member

So what is the future of this show? It's not on CN's upfront, leaving many to speculate it's already been canceled. Knowing Cartoon Network, i wouldn't be surprised if they killed it prematurely.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. Bestmand902

Bestmand902 Active Member

Honestly, I think the best thing to do is be pre-emptively cynical and assume the worst. Can't be disappointed if you don't expect anything.

Then again, I've been in a bit of a funk today, so maybe I'm just being a little too bitter. I'm just preparing myself for the worst with this show, though I really hope I'm proven wrong.

I knew it. Might as well ring in the death knell now.

#3 Bestmand902, Mar 31, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2017
  4. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

• Like Like x 1
  5. Troy Troodon

Troy Troodon Well-Known Member

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Daikun

Daikun Long Live the Fighter!

At least Disney is doing something with DXD. They're actually putting effort into that network with original shows. Boomerang is just CN Lite.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Troy Troodon

Makes you wonder what goes into CN's heads?!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Greg91

Greg91 Member
    Reporter

I was hopefully, but perhaps that was a bit foolish, considering what happened to Beware the Batman on CN. I think this should tell WB/DC that no matter what they try, CN just won't give them a chance (unless it's like Teen Titans Go, I guess).

Hopefully the WonderCon panel will cheer us up.
    I wonder that about almost all of CN's decisions nowadays.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

And at least XD generally gives their Marvel cartoons fairly good promotion and airing times, not to mention several seasons worth of content.

When was the last time CN gave that to a DC cartoon that wasn't TTG!?

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Daikun

Daikun Long Live the Fighter!

Never mind the Boomerang post, guys. I was in the wrong thread. Sorry.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Troy Troodon

Alas, like Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network only follows the money, they see what's currently most popular (if only because they promoted it so themselves) and right now it's TTGO! a series that's very subjective to whether you like it or not; because Cartoon Network does not care about the interests of it's demographic, they're telling us what we want instead of actually listening to what we want and THAT is the biggest sin for any network, they stopped caring about the audience! They audience don't want their favorite shows cancelled, the audience didn't want CN Real, the audience didn't want any unnecessary reboots or parodies!

These things happen because CN wants to draw in speculators to take advantage of, but speculators is what destroyed Toon Disney, so now it looks like history is indeed repeating itself!

EDIT: And now my post is probably trivial after reading the newest post the same time as mine.

12. Bestmand902

Bestmand902 Active Member

Wait, so it's not actually going to boomerang?

...I'm still not really hopeful, but there's at least that? I guess?

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Pfeiffer-Pfan

Pfeiffer-Pfan Makin' Whoopee!

In a reply to this tweet, Jim Krieg had the following to say:

Basically there's still time for a renewal as they have A LOT more episodes to air (roughly 37 shorts), but he's clearly worried about it and it isn't looking good.

• Informative Informative x 2
    #13 Pfeiffer-Pfan, Mar 31, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
  14. Toon4Thought

Toon4Thought Giving a slightly closer look.

I mean, at least this time one can make the argument that their ever-increasing attention to their mobile and VOD services does make their treatment of JLA somewhat better than Beware the Batman or Young Justice, since most of the ep.s are up on what they seem to want to turn into the dominant medium. That doesn't justify the 7:30am thing, but it's at least something worth considering.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Their upfront press release was laughable and embarrassing. It's like zero preparation was made and when marketing walked into the office they realized it was scheduled to be released so they copy pasted some stuff, didn't triple check every one of CN's series were included, and sent it off. It wasn't just JLA that was oddly left out of the release. I wouldn't put much stock into it, imo. Renewal news will be its own news or social media or a blog nowadays, not something revealed in an upfront.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Active Member

But why would Teen Titans Go be there and not Justice League Action then? It's not like they remembered one DC show and forgot the other. If JLA was coming back for another order wouldn't it have been included?

17. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

There were one or two times Teen Titans Go! wasn't in their upfronts and it was renewed. I don't know what goes on with CN's PR department but I've long ago decided not to dwell on it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Troy Troodon

Because, again TTGO! is apparently a more successful program; (regardless whether you like it or not) Cartoon Network is a big company, they follow the money, so of course they are going to invest their efforts in marketing what's more successful in terms of all the rave it gets... to the point where the virtually leave out all other programs that could very well have much more potential and bring diversity in their line up.

It's the same with Nickelodeon, Nick's priorities are in the most successful programing (in this case Spongebob) and very rarely do they risk trying something new that does not follow the spongebob formula.

19. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I...am not reassured by Krieg's comments here :ack:.

20. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

The upfront aside, I don't blame him. Green Lantern: The Animated Series.

• Agree Agree x 2