1. Episode 12 of the Toonzone Podcast is live! Listen to it here: http://www.toonzone.net/toonzone-podcast-episode-12/

We discuss the 2017 Best Animated Feature and Best Animated Short Oscar winners and nominees, what video games we're playing, what upcoming games we’re looking forward to, what’s different about the Nintendo Switch launch vs. the Wii or Wii U, why we loved the original Samurai Jack run and what we're looking forward to in the Season 5 premiere, which had not yet aired at the time of recording.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Enter for a chance to win "Adventure Time: Islands" on DVD! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Justice League Action" News & Discussion Thread, Part 3 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Dec 3, 2016.

1. Bestmand902

Bestmand902 Member

It's something...

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Greg91

Greg91 Member

Yes! This is awesome! Teen Titans Go! fans could see this and go check out Justice League Action! Plus emphasizing that Cyborg is in the show only helps. This is exactly what I was hoping for. Pair the two DC shows together. Teen Titans Go! is immensely popular (since Cartoon Network likes to air it quite often to say the least) so let Justice League in on that action! ;)

By the way, I wouldn't be surprised if Teen Titans Go starts referencing Justice League Action at one point or another. Thanks for posting this HEATXZ.

• Like Like x 2
  3. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

Cartoon Network has passed along press details for new Justice League Action episodes slated to debut this month. Check out the official information below:

JUSTICE LEAGUE ACTION: SHAZAM SLAM! (TV-Y7-FV)
    Premieres Friday, Dec. 16 at 6 p.m. (ET/PT)

The villainous Black Adam battles Batman on the Rock of Eternity and unleashes a horde of Djinn determined to turn the Earth back to its pre-human, volcanic state. Affected by the otherworldly powers of these primordial monsters, Batman becomes possessed and is turned into a giant flying Batmonster laying waste to the Hall of Justice, with only Superman capable of taking the fight to the Dark Knight. One by one, the Justice League - with the help of Shazam (voiced by Sean Astin) and The Wizard (voiced by Carl Reiner) - must hunt down and defeat each Djinn in order to yet again save the world from destruction.

JUSTICE LEAGUE ACTION (TV-Y7-FV)
    Series premieres with 4-part special Friday, Dec. 16 at 6 p.m. (ET/PT)
    New episodes begin Saturdays, Dec. 24 at 7:30 a.m (ET/PT)

The world’s greatest Super Heroes return to television in Justice LeagueAction, an all-new animated series. Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman lead the DC Super Heroes against their most infamous foes in adventures packed with relentless thrills, fun and action. Whether defending the Earth, facing invaders from space, or battling the bizarre forces of magic, the always-rotating team of Justice League heroes, are up to any challenge.

Saturday, Dec. 24: “Classic Rock” – Batman thinks he’s helping a homeless old man who is being mugged on the street only to discover that the man is a powerful wizard being chased by demons in disguise. It turns out the wizard is on a mission to save Shazam from the clutches of Black Adam.

Saturday, Dec. 31: “Power Outage” – A ghoul known as Calythos possesses the Parasite in order to drain the Justice League of its powers and use that stolen strength to open a massive volcano.

Discuss Justice League Action right here at Toonzone and stay tuned for further updates!

• Like Like x 8
    • Informative Informative x 2
  4. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Is the Hall of Justice the League's mountain base or is it something completely different o_O?

5. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

4 part special? So 4 episodes are airing that day?

Yeah, I thought for sure it would have been Mount Justice...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    #85 Yojimbo, Dec 13, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
  6. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

• Like Like x 2
  7. ShadowStar

ShadowStar Member

The other day I was wondering if this 'Shazam Slam' story was a collection of four related episodes (or perhaps two standalone episodes and a two-parter), rather than a full-on four-parter, and now this clip seems to confirm it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Yes, it is.

An update to your question now that I've seen it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    #88 Yojimbo, Dec 14, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
  9. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Shane Glines posted his first design for JLA's Martian Manhunter. Plus some insight about why he designed him this way, in the comments:
    Other than the color of his pants, I don't really see much difference between it and the design they use on the show. Looks pretty cool, kind of reminds me of Saint Walker.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Mm, only other differences is he's brighter in color tone and doesn't have the yellow belt buckle anymore.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Daikun

Daikun Long Live the Fighter!

Wow, what is wrong with the people commenting on this Tweet?

Are we watching the same clip? :confused:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. James Harvey

For those interested, The World’s Finest has reviewed the four-part Justice League Action “Shazam Slam!” series premiere, the kick off for the latest animated series based on DC Comics’ fabled superhero roster. In short, Justice League Action “Shazam Slam!” is a promising kick-off for the new DC Comics-based animated series and, while it skews to a younger audience, there’s still plenty for fans of all ages to enjoy. More importantly, it reminds us that super heroes can be fun! To read the whole review, which is accompanied by new images and a clip, click on the image below.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  13. MasterofRoku

MasterofRoku Active Member

So I came across a negative review video of JLA, and it made me want to facepalm in frustration of the reviewer nitpicking small details and his nostalgia over the old Justice League.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

This is probably the same comments that would be made if B:TAS premiered in the Twitter era. lol.

EDIT: Merch at Walmart - Mighty Minis JLA Series 1 Mystery Box (contains 36 Packs). Figure it's marketing but funny there's a Robin in there since they denied he'd be in season 1.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    #94 Yojimbo, Dec 15, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
  15. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

• Like Like x 1
  16. WebMasterSage

WebMasterSage Obey the Pecking Order.

I have a Confession to Make. I'm Honestly Disappointed With Mark Hamil's Swamp Thing wasn't low pitched or masked to match the Design.

Same with John DiMaggio as Lobo, He made Lobo sound like a wannabe version of Carnage Kabuto from One Punch Man. I'm sorry but I don't care for it.

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. Greg91

Greg91 Member

There's unfortunately a lot of people like that. Many fans' overwhelming nostalgia limit them from enjoying new takes on properties they love. The reality is that this is a different time and so the series' creators are making something different than what was made before.

I wish people would realize that not everything is made to be nostalgic for them. And, personally, I find a lot of films and television series with nostalgia in mind can offer turn into uninspiring cash-grabs. Look at all the reboots and remakes out there jumping on the nostalgia of older viewers. I'd rather see something fresh and new. Some properties work with new takes every few years like Tranformers and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles because they stay in circulation. Other properties stay dormant and return years or decades later, usually for nostalgic purposes.

If I want to see Justice League (2001) or Justice League Unlimited, I can go back and watch those shows. They each had numerous episodes unlike a lot of action shows today. Same with Teen Titans (2003). Teen Titans Go! doesn't need to be Teen Titans (2003) again. I'm looking forward to Justice League Action because it's something new.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

19. James Harvey

Representatives for Teletoon told The World's Finest that Justice League Action will debut Friday, January 6th at 8:30pm (ET) with the first four episodes. Following that, the series' regular timeslot will be Fridays at 9pm (ET).

Justice League Action
    Premiering: Friday, January 6th – with 4 episodes, starting at 8:30pm
    Regular Timeslot: Fridays at 9:00pm

Stay tuned for further updates!

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Dc All Access has a clip from JLA, plus an interview with Shane Glines about how he designed some of the characters:

• Like Like x 4