1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Justice League Action" News & Discussion Thread, Part 3 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Dec 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I was wondering if we could expect more episodes in April :).

Looking forward to finally getting to see these episodes ;).

• Like Like x 1
  2. bat16

bat16 Member

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

It might be worth noting the article only talks about the current season of Teen Titans Go!, not an actual renewal for a 5th Season. So maybe there's still some hope for Justice League Action to get a new season announced later on.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. ToonJay723

ToonJay723 Bingo Bongo

But they didn't mention JLA at all while they did mention other shows that are in the middle of their respective seasons. So that doesn't bold well for JLA.

• Informative Informative x 1
    #484 ToonJay723, Mar 30, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
  5. Pfeiffer-Pfan

Pfeiffer-Pfan Makin' Whoopee!

Well, that's a bad sign. It's a BRAND NEW show... it should have been mentioned somewhere at the upfronts.

Not hopeless, yet, I suppose. We all knew CN lacked enthusiasm from the start anyway.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I've come to expect the worst from CN at this point when it comes to DC cartoons :(.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. btgr

btgr Member

This is why all future original DC animated shows must air on Netflix, Amazon & Hulu instead. I did mentioned a while ago that Dou Hong's Blue Beetle animated series pitch should air on a video streaming service & that I do not trust CN.

• Like Like x 1
  8. WebMasterSage

WebMasterSage Obey the Pecking Order.

Well if I'm going to be Honest. I knew this was going to happen. Justice League Action was supposed to be Action Oriented but it's 11 minute runtime did'nt help. As well with the majority of the show's Castings. It pretty much fell into the same Trap as the Current Marvel Shows.

Well if their's one thing still to have the JLA back on Television is start a new series from Scratch built after the upcoming Movie this Fall, & of course have it Styled after Dragon Ball Z.

Or None of the above. Besides future DC Cartoons should be moved to the Boomerang Streaming Service.

9. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Let's see how the Wonder Con panel this weekend goes, and if they mention anything about the future of the show. I'm not completely hopeless, though I admit things aren't looking too good.

On another note, it seems there's no new episode airing this Saturday.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Otaku-sempai

Otaku-sempai Well-Known Member

• Agree Agree x 2
    #490 Otaku-sempai, Mar 30, 2017
  11. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Active Member

Why the hell does CN keep greenlighting new DC shows just to cancel them so quickly after like one season or so?

What the hell is the point?

12. Pfeiffer-Pfan

Pfeiffer-Pfan Makin' Whoopee!

I think it's more about WB wanting to get their characters out there and CN (naturally) is their go-to channel.

It will be particularly frustrating if JLA doesn't make it as it was clear WB (and the creative team) tried to find an appropriate balance that would please fans and the network. By all accounts they massively succeeded, but obviously CN doesn't want to play ball outside of TTG!. The awful timeslot and one airing a week is absurd.

There's a reason why WB/DC are pushing the DC KIDS initiative and releasing a slew of content on DVD/Demand such as Super Hero Girls. The control is completely in their hands.

However, if Be Cool Scooby Doo! and The Tom & Jerry Show can get to 52 episodes with such disdain from CN/Boomerang, there is no reason Justice League Action can't as well.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Gabs Sama

Gabs Sama Member

I think it'll likely get a season 2. Most shows get two seasons before they either are cancelled or get more seasons.

I think it would be cool to see WB/DC form their own channel than rely on CN. A channel dedicated to DC properties would be glorious (hoping Justice League will be what Transformers was for Hasbro. If Transformers didn't happen, Hasbro wouldn't have created My Little Pony: FiM and the Hub. So maybe Justice League can kickstart DC Kids or whatever and make JLA a long lasting series :D

• Like Like x 3
  14. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Active Member

Come to think of it was the last DC cartoon to have a full run Brave and the Bold?

Young Justice got canceled before it's third season, Green Lantern and Beware the Batman were canceled early, and now Justice League Action might be canceled. TTGo is an all comedy show so it's an exception.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Toon4Thought

Toon4Thought Giving a slightly closer look.

Yeah, it seems incredibly rare for cartoons in general to end after one season nowadays (if only it was like that around 2005)

Honestly this show has a lot of potential that CN doesn't seem to be realizing, if its amazingly decent numbers are any indication. Shame we don't know how much viewership it gets on the app, as part of me gets the impression the network wants to turn that into their primary medium.

• Agree Agree x 3
    #495 Toon4Thought, Mar 30, 2017
  16. Bestmand902

Bestmand902 Active Member

Honestly I think it's just best to just assume the worst. We lost, time to cut losses and give up, it was a good run, but Cartoon Network's not interested in giving any action cartoons a chance. Goodbye Justice League Action, here's hoping we see the rest of your episodes some day.

17. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Active Member

The weird thing is I'm not even that huge a fan of Justice League Action. It's a decent show so I'm not bothered by it going away...it's just weird as hell.

I feel like this show JUST started and it felt like a brand new action/comedy show that fit well for CN and promotes all of DC's heroes. To have it canceled so fast is mind blowing. What the hell is the point?

18. Toon4Thought

Toon4Thought Giving a slightly closer look.

I'd wait to say stuff like that until we get something that explicitly points to that being the case. But I do agree that they ought to take advantage of it more; I think it could easily outperform TTG in popularity if more people know about it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. SuperBumbleB

SuperBumbleB New Member

Didn't Time Warner and AT&T have some deal a while back? I thought they were trying to compete with Netflix, having their own digital distribution service to provide CN, DC, Warner, and other acquired shows, films, and cartoons instead of relying on Netflix, iTunes, Google Play, and Television?

20. Greg91

Greg91 Member
    Reporter

What's the point of assuming the worst? To avoid raising hopes for an optimistic announcement or reveal? Just because other DC shows met an unfortunate end doesn't confirm the fate of this series.

Teen Titans Go is literally the only acquired show mentioned in Cartoon Network's upfront, which CN seems to work on with Warner Bros/DC to some degree. Shows like Lego Ninjago and Transformers: Robots in Disguise, which have new seasons on the way, didn't show up. So I wouldn't take this as anything other than Cartoon Network announcing updates for their own shows (Teen Titans Go aside).

So this upfront doesn't confirm anything about any acquired shows. I mean Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs: The Series just started and it wasn't mentioned. For now, I think Justice League Action's future is unknown like pretty much all of the other acquired shows. With WonderCon on the way as @RoyalRubble mentioned, I think now is the time to be excited! :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.