1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"Justice League Action" News & Discussion Thread, Part 3 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by RoyalRubble, Dec 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Just the idea that they could get Paul Reubens and Gilbert Gottfried together for a Mxy and Bat-Mite team-up sounds too good to resist :D.

Heck, the idea of Conroy's Batman having to finally deal with a real Bat-Mite sounds like a lot of fun :anime:.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Red Arrow :D

Red Arrow :D Proud Beneluxer

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Here's the the rest of the March schedule, from @James Harvey

Saturday, March 11: “Repulse!” – Luthor infects Superman with a magnetic charge that repels everything. As the repulsing charge grows, the Magnetized Man of Steel is fated to spend the rest of his life isolated in space unless the Justice League can figure out a way to free him. ·

Saturday, March 18: “Trick or Threat” – Four kids in Justice League costumes are trick or treating on Halloween when they investigate a spooky house. As dangers befalls them inside, they come to realize that maybe they’re not kids at all, but real Justice Leaguers under a spell. ·

Saturday, March 25: “Speed Demon” – Batman has to enlist the help of Jason Blood, aka the Demon, when Brother Blood turns the Batmobile into a sentient, demonic entity.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Red Arrow :D

Wow, these descriptions spoil the entire episode.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Greg91

Greg91 Member
    Reporter

Yeah, it's strange that they gave the whole plot away/the surprises for these episodes looking at how the descriptions were written.

It reminds me of those spoiler descriptions for Young Justice: Invasion and Green Lantern: The Animated Series.

If people don't want to know anything, I recommend you avoid those descriptions.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Red Arrow :D

I have already seen these episodes so it doesn't really matter for me.

7. Greg91

Greg91 Member
    Reporter

I'm talking about everyone who hasn't seen it. It's pretty fortunate that you've already seen these episodes.

8. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Yeah, looking at the loglines again, for Repulse! and Trick or Treat - the first sentence is enough of a logline. They could have stopped there.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Wes Gleason confirms Hal Jordan will get his own episode this season, but sadly Arthur Curry won't appear until a potential Season 2.

• Informative Informative x 3
    #429 RoyalRubble, Mar 6, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
  10. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Well, we knew Hal was going to make at least one-voiced appearance, now it's only a question of which Lantern-focused episode it will be ;).

Shame about Aquaman. I was hoping since he was in the concept art for the Street Fighter sequence, meaning he had an actual design, that we'd see him this season :(.

Kind of weird to leave such a major member of the Justice League out this season, but at the same time it gives another reason why JLA deserves a second season :cool:.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Toon4Thought

Toon4Thought Giving a slightly closer look.

^^ Considering all the WB shows that US Turner completely pushed under the bus got multiple seasons, I don't see why this wouldn't. (Not to mention this show clearly being more popular in general)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. JoeMabbon

JoeMabbon Marble

It'd be funny if there was a multi-episode, Aquaman arc that got pushed back so it could tie-in with the live-action film.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Greg91

Greg91 Member
    Reporter

It's so strange to see heavy-hitters like Green Lantern, Flash and Aquaman take a back seat.

I understand they want to showcase lesser known/popular Justice League members alongside the Trinity but both Green Lantern and the Flash have only had brief appearances so far.

As a GL fan, I hope Hal's episode is strong at least. It seems to be in the back half of the season as well.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Magmaster12

Magmaster12 Well-Known Member

How weird is it that Wb gives more creative control for there cartoons then their movies while at Disney it's the other way around.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. ShadowStar

ShadowStar Member

Agreed where GL and Flash are concerned, though Aquaman's absence in season 1 might have something to do with the fact that he frequently appeared in Batman: The Brave and the Bold. Perhaps there's a desire on the part of the show-runners to get away from Aquaman, Blue Beetle, Plastic Man and Green Arrow, without cutting them out of the series entirely (though in Aquaman's case, they're taking a gamble by delaying his debut). Jaime, Plas and GA are in season 1, but still, their roles so far have been diminished from what they were in Brave and the Bold.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Red Arrow :D

I don't know how desperate you guys are for more official footage :D, but there's a new clip from Field Trip in Dutch, German, Polish, Russian, Bulgarian, Hungarian and Romanian. (Dutch version) There are also other clips from episodes that have already premiered in the US.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Greg91

Greg91 Member
    Reporter

I can understand Aquaman being used sparingly and a more traditional take on the character might fit here to differentiate itself from the Brave and the Bold Aquaman. Blue Beetle seems to have a decent sized role on the show like Cyborg, Zatanna and Firestorm.

With so many characters, I really want to make sure any characters who only appear two or three times throughout the season received strong roles. That includes Flash, Booster Gold, Hawkman, Vixen, etc.

I was thinking an episode with the Arrowverse heroes would be pretty cool! We've already seen Flash, Green Arrow, and Firestorm. Add Supergirl and Vixen and I'd be pretty interesting in their dynamic in the series.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Red Arrow :D

As much as I like Arrow, I wouldn't like them to act like the way they act in Arrow. It wouldn't fit.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Greg91

Greg91 Member
    Reporter

Agreed and I'm not asking for that. Just the same characters interacting in this show. Green Arrow and Firestorm in Justice League Action are already pretty different from their Arrowverse counterparts. I want to see how these versions of the characters interact.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm still pulling for a Green Arrow and Black Canary episode ;).

• Agree Agree x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.