1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"Justice League Action" News & Discussion Thread, Part 1 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by Nexonius, Jun 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nexonius

Nexonius Ten, count em', ten years!

January 29th, 2016 Update:

DC Comics has confirmed that Justice League Action is coming to Cartoon Network! Click on the image below for a closer look at the artwork and additional details.

[​IMG]
    Channel: Cartoon Network
    Tentative Airdate: Fall 2016

Check out the latest posts in this thread for more details!

Mod Edit: James Harvey

--

So...I just saw this on Linked In (good site for finding out new projects), and it's not related to Gods and Monsters, nor is it a DTV series. What could it be? Could it be a new Bruce Timm involved series?

https://www.linkedin.com/profile/vi...me&authToken=TGHk&trk=prof-sb-browse_map-name

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    #1 Nexonius, Jun 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2016
  2. Daikun

Daikun Long Live the Fighter!

Well, LinkedIn is kinda similar to Monster where professionals could use it for hiring purposes, so...maybe?

3. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

I don't have an account so any chance someone with one could post a grab? Or whose profile is it? Name of project?

4. Hero Supreme

Hero Supreme Mr Jinx No More

His name is Shaunt Nigoghossian and his experience is listed as

Director - Justice League
    Warner Bros. Animation
    March 2015 – Present (4 months) Justice League: Action - Animated Series

• Like Like x 1
    #4 Hero Supreme, Jun 30, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2015
  5. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

6. Troy Troodon

Troy Troodon Well-Known Member

Probably either false, is just a progression of Gods and Monsters.

7. Red Arrow :D

Red Arrow :D Proud Beneluxer

That title reminds me of Teen Titans Go's title DX

8. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

Could be just a generic subject. Now that we know JL:GM is indeed a series and not just a one shot dtv, this could be part of that. The timing seems like it's for that, seeing how we should be expecting a season two next year.

9. TheLemsterPju

TheLemsterPju Well-Known Member

As much as I'd love to see the DCAU return...I know that's not going to happen anytime soon unfortunately.

10. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Thanks, Hero Supreme and Royal Rubble. I'm going to take a grab of that section before his resume is edited and he gets yelled at.

I've seen the name before in credits of past DC animation.

11. Pfeiffer-Pfan

Pfeiffer-Pfan Makin' Whoopee!

Sounds interesting, but with the way things are going, it could just be another short-form online series. Time will tell.

12. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts

I can't see this being a regular series. Obviously Cartoon Network doesn't care about standard animated actual action DC shows, and if this was happening in the CW Universe they'd be promoting it like they have with Vixen. Honestly a show wouldn't have a lot of you know mystery behind it if it was suppose to premiere a year for now. Even Teen Titans Go we knew about in 2012 so I can't see a regular Justice League series of any kind premiering this year. Could be online short specials but even then they'd have some promotion by now so yeah have no idea what this would be so guess it's something we'll only know once info is out about it. You know actual info not just a title based on someone's resume.

13. Nexonius

Nexonius Ten, count em', ten years!

If he began work on this project in March 2015, best believe it won't air until next year.

14. Riddler

Riddler Active Member

I mentioned this in the DC animated music thread, but did anyone listen to the "Batman the Animated Podcast" from a few weeks ago that interviewed composer Lolita Ritmanis?

She teases new soundtracks but it sounded like she was teasing other new projects (maybe a new animated series?)

Listen around 41:40... https://soundcloud.com/btas-podcast/10-its-never-too-late-lolita-ritmanis-mark-schroeder

"I also just have to say that there's some really really exciting stuff coming out from Warner Bros., so I think they're going to be announcing some really cool things... a couple things that we've been involved with"

It seems like she might be referring to a series... I mean, I doubt she was talking about a DCU movie because she mostly composes for TV series. Maybe we'll hear some interesting announcements at Comic Con?

#14 Riddler, Jul 1, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2015
  15. Jeff Harris

Jeff Harris Creator/Webmaster, TXB

Hoping if a new Justice League series is one of the many, many series WBA has for Boomerang in their over 450 half-hour order.

16. ShadowStar

ShadowStar Member

I hope you're right. I did get the sense that it might be a new show...

17. Pfeiffer-Pfan

Pfeiffer-Pfan Makin' Whoopee!

Interesting... Obviously I'm putting 1 and 1 together here and getting 3, but I also noticed Maria Canals is talking about a reunion with the old Justice League cast at NY Comic Con this October on her twitter. Could Sam Register be looking for another Teen Titans Go! scenario?

#17 Pfeiffer-Pfan, Jul 1, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2015
  18. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

Man, I kinda hope they leave the DCAU alone. Even this JL:G&M will get diehards to connect to that, when we just must let it go. If there is a new universe, hope we get some truly awesome stories.

19. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Link? Might have been that Infinite Crisis game. And I hope not.

Boomerang has new programming now. Hhn.

Yeah, like Young Justice. Started March 2009, premiered November 2010.

20. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

Hmm. Come to think of it, let's flash back to Bruce Timm on the origins of Gods and Monsters last month:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/a...ark-world-in-justice-league-gods-and-monsters

Note the wording here. It says that Gods and Monsters became a DTV after an initial pitch for television. A pitch that came about because Register and company were exploring the possibilities of a new kind of Justice League-related show. Register said "I probably want to stay a little more traditional than that" re G&M, which implies that G&M didn't happen *instead* of that idea. They hadn't given up at that point, they simply went on thinking about the prospect. Who's to say that's not still going on, or that they actually have hit on an idea?

I'm not trying to insist it's a lock. But that + what's in this thread is legit speculation fuel if you ask me.

I wouldn't presume to assume a thing about the staff that would be involved on a new project, but I'd further add that the above suggests something that would be distinct from the DCAU. It had a long and great run, it really did, & it's rightfully treasured. But I think it's really done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.