"Justice League Action" Animated Webisodes Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by Yojimbo, Jun 28, 2017.

1. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Matt Zimmer

I agree with this at least. As I said in my Unikitty review, Tara Strong is not the most overworked woman in voice-over. She's the most overemployed. Try somebody new for gosh sake's.

Justice League Action "Plastic Man Of Steel"

Do you know what I like? The subterfuge wasn't bought back at the end. It seemed to have worked. A lesser franchise would have unmasked Clark as Plas in front of Lois simply to keep the ball in the air. Superman: The Animated Series did the same thing in "Identity Crisis" which was so dumb. That was Clark basically saying, "That fool-proof alibi Clark has of being seen with Superman? That wasn't really me the whole time! Me am smart!" At least this Superman is TRYING to protect the secret. More than DCAU Clark ever did. ****.

2. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

I kinda agree, but in Hollywood, it's very clandestine. I feel alot of actresses could crossover to V.A. but don't or can not. We end up with a shortlist to get Cree Summer, EG Daily, or Strong. I was plrasingly surprised to see Mindy Cohn show up as a V.A. years ago.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Yeah, nice follow-up to Plastic Man impersonating Two-Face for Batman. He's getting a nice amount of coverage on the webisodes. Loved Plas' quick thinking to turn into a giant head of himself and encase Superman to protect him at the last second as they hit the globe.

Definitely a classic Superman story about protecting his secret identity yet subverts it a little like at the beginning when Plastic Man makes light of his glasses.

It was amusing that Luthor just wanted a retraction. At first. :D Guess he couldn't just troll the comments section online like anyone else. :p

Another super quoting a classic line of someone in the Trinity. Hmm, sort of interesting, that even other super heroes are acknowledging their mythos in-universe.

That suit was rather bulky, it seems to have obscured her view.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. ShadowBeast

ShadowBeast Well-Known Member

Plastic Man of Steel: Great short. I like how Lois is portrayed and how she ended up defeating Luthor in such a comical way.

An armor with an obvious "off-switch".

I was wondering that as well. Lois is very clever after all.

Definitely better than her Harley.

Yeah, I hear Harley, I hear Timmy Turner instead.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Matt Zimmer

Mod Note: Spoiler tags added. The following are comments about the remaining webisodes released by CN ahead of the DC Kids schedule on their YouTube account. Spoiler tags will be enforced until each officially releases.

Justice League Action "Something In The Hair"
    I like Poison Ivy calling Plastic Man "Eraser Head". ***1/2.
    Justice League Action "Easy Freezy"
    Too much Plastic Man in the webisodes.

Paul Dini wrote this?

Peter Storemare is an interesting choice for Mr. Freeze. ***.
    Justice League Action "Clown Party"
    Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill, together again!

I’m a little surprised Joker is not more offended at Batman calling him not funny. He basically blew a gasket when Terry McGinnis did the exact same thing. Now Bruce’s insults here are not entirely as personal as Terry’s were, but the Joker treats is as a disagreement about what is actually funny, rather than figuring that Batman thinks the Joker himself sucks. Which is a bit weird to me.

Hard to believe Joker is still allowed at the party at the end.

I liked him calling the kids "deadheads".

All right. ***.
    Justice League Action "Skyjacked"
    "Looks like we got a bat in our hair!"

"The let's give him the brush!"

Groan! Shame, Paul Dini! Shame! ****.
    Justice League Action "Super Stakeout"
    I like Plas turning into a giraffe with binocular eyes.

You also know exactly what is going to happen when Plas turns into a fire hydrant.

Were I Plastic Man, I would not have played along with the pizza ruse as long as I did. The villains actually had him in their mouths. I like that he kept all of his body parts together by pretending to be melted cheese.

Decent. ****.
    Justice League Action "Driver's Ed"
    I also question why Stargirl needs to pass a space driver's test. As she notes, she CAN fly.

I laughed at Zilious Zox saying "Byesies." ***1/2.
    Justice League Action "The Goddess Must Be Crazy"
    First time I've seen Supergirl on the show.

I don't like Felix Faust's design. ***.

#125 Fone Bone, Nov 7, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
  6. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Justice League Action | Something in the Hair | Episode 16
    Nice seeing Poison Ivy again. Batman versus Plastic Man was a pretty surprising turn of events.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I like that Plastic Man is actually enthusiastic about being on monitory duty. It makes a nice contrast with how lax or unmotivated Booster is when it's his turn :sweat:.

"Rubber Man would be ridiculous!" What about Elongated Man or Rubberband Man ;)?

Somehow I don't think Ivy would've needed mind-control spores to charm Plastic Man :rolleyes2:.

I imagine Ivy probably is constantly making new pheromones to entice people into her control, so it's a cat-and-mouse game between her and Batman as he tries to make himself immune to the latest batch while she's comes up with newer versions :ack:.

Was that green helmet Ivy's or is that what Robin wears when he's riding on the Batcycle? Although I imagine Robin's helmet would probably cover his entire face...

Plastic Man chasing after Batman and Ivy on the Batcycle was a pretty cool action sequence, especially with Plastic Man avoiding everything Batman threw at him, and that is one weaponized motorcycle :eek:.

I almost kind of feel bad for Ivy that this is the second time she's been foiled by getting herself drenched in something. Her poor hair :p.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Medinnus

Medinnus Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Clearly, he stole the design from Dr. Doofenshmirtz...

Curse you! Now I do, as well! And I can't TURN IT OFF!!!

• Like Like x 1
  9. ShadowBeast

The off-switch wouldn't be an off-switch then. It'd be a self-destruct button ;)

(insert evil laugh here):evil:

• Like Like x 2
  10. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Plas is getting some great coverage in these shorts. Able to save Batman and neutralize Poison Ivy at the same time -- that's some cred. Plus he shows up on time for monitor duty, Booster Gold. ;)

Who knew there was a ton of seaweed in Metropolis Harbor? :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Justice League Action | Super Stakeout | Episode 17
    Nice team-up between Green Arrow and Plastic Man, their interactions were pretty funny. Also cool to see more of the Penguin. The ending was great.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

So we basically got Dana Snyder vs. Dana Snyder in this episode. Who says Mark Hamill should have all the fun of pitting his characters against one another :p?

Green Arrow bounces off the more wacky members of the League pretty well ;).

What was that Themyscira poster supposed to be adveritising? Paradise Island as a vacation spot? An Amazon-themed swimsuit line? I doubt Wonder Woman approves :sweat:.

You kind of have to wonder what Plastic Man tastes like...

Plas took down those goons pretty creatively :cool:.

I love how Green Arrow talks about "blending in" and then it turns out he was hiding in a random plant just sitting there on the docks. The only reason Penguin didn't notice it was because he was too busy running from Plastic Man :rolleyes2:.

• Like Like x 2
  13. ShadowBeast

I'd bet he taste like plastic :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

^^^So like Papa John's? :p

Green Arrow for the win. :D

Plastic Man - eh - I'm getting Plas-fatigue. I guess starvation aided him otherwise anyone would notice the design of the pizza box...

• Like Like x 2
  15. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Good thing they weren't as paranoid as those thugs from the Plastic Man DC Nation short :p.

• Funny Funny x 1