"Justice League Action" Animated Webisodes Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by Yojimbo, Jun 28, 2017.

1. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Justice League Action | Missing the Mark | Episode 14

This was a nice surprise, and a lot of fun. Neat seeing Trickster. Pairing him with Joker makes sense. Pretty awesome seeing Mark play them against each other.

Figures they also added Swamp Thing. :p

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

So much meta-humor :p.

I mean, we've got a cartoon version of Mark Hamill teaming-up or going up against his most notable DC roles in Joker, Trickster, and Swamp Thing. They even go to the trouble of illustrating how he's as famous a voice actor as he is as an actual actor, with his most notable VA role not even knowing what that is. Just so meta :D.

It was cool seeing Trickster pop up and to see Hamill get to differentiate between the two crazy, comedy/trick-themed, Supervillains he's played over the years ;).

I love how they gave Mark, Joker, and Trickster their own introduction sequences :anime:.

The only way this could've been even more meta is if Batman showed up to save the day with Kevin Conroy in tow :rolleyes2:.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Otaku-sempai

Otaku-sempai Well-Known Member

Can we say, 'meta'? :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. SweetShop209

SweetShop209 Well-Known Member

Hands down, my favorite of the Justice League Action shorts!

• Like Like x 2
  6. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Matt Zimmer

Justice League Action "Missing The Mark"

Genius. Absolute genius. When is Corvette Summer gonna get its pop culture due? NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW.

Did I mention I love this show? Best webisode ever. *****.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Loved it as well. So meta and funny and all 4 were voiced by Hamill. I think it was the first time Joker and Swamp Thing appeared in a webisode and Trickster's debut overall.

It was a blink or miss but around 1:13 after Joker makes the U-turn, if you look in the driver's mirror - there's a Capes & Cowls Cafe behind them. :D

• Like Like x 3
  8. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

He might not be an actor as famous, but it would be cool to see an episode like this with Jason J. Lewis interacting with all the characters he's voiced on the show. :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I haven't seen much of these other web shorts, but the idea of Mark Hamill being captured by Joker and Trickster is absolutely fantastic. I've already watched it twice. There were so many hilarious moments, but my favorite was probably when Trickster was describing a movie that sounded like Star Wars only say it was a different movie. Joker being confused over the notion of a voice actor was also pretty funny considering that Joker is one of the roles Mark Hamill is most well known for.

I kind of wish that this was a full episode, if only because of how neat it would be for Mark Hamill to basically do an episode mostly by himself and we could get more meta jokes. Granted, that could run the risk of stretching the premise a bit too much, so I can see why they'd just made it into a short, but it was just so hilarious that I wish it could be a bit longer than the two minutes we got.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Justice League Action | Plastic Man of Steel | Episode 15
    Awesome seeing Lois finally appear and have some lines as well. :D

Superman's plan was actually pretty clever, plus it was fun seeing Plas try and act like both Clark and the Man of Steel.

It was pretty cool seeing Luthor with yet another armor.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Otaku-sempai

Otaku-sempai Well-Known Member

So, was Lois too distracted to spot 'Superman' as Plas? or was she just playing along at the end? ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. SweetShop209

I'm liking Tara Strong's take on Lois Lane.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Some classic Silver Age hi-jinks with Superman going through great lengths, even to the point of enlisting another Leaguer, to prevent Lois from learning his secret identity ;).

Although given Clark's gone on-record about wanting Lois to notice him, I wonder if he might not mind all the times she clues into him being Superman :rolleyes2:?

Seems like Plastic Man is improving on his disguises :cool:.

This will probably be Lois's JLA speaking debut for a lot of people, which is cool given how she's been either just mentioned or a voiceless cameo up to this point :).

Tara Strong as Lois was a nice surprise. She's pretty solid in the role, and I hope we get to hear more from her as Lois, though I can't help but think Tara is slowly inching her way into voicing pretty much every major female character in the DCU :D.

I love how Luthor got all dressed up in his new armor and went over there just to get Lois to print a retraction, not to kill Superman. And then he decides to kill Superman anyways :p.

It was nice to see Lois be the one to bring Lex down, even if Luthor's new Warsuit having a giant power button on the back seems like a glaring design flaw :sweat:.

14. Pfeiffer-Pfan

Pfeiffer-Pfan Makin' Whoopee!

I guess I have to be the voice of dissent and say I really didn't like Tara as Lois. Lovely design, but I could have done with a different voice.

She's popping up far too frequently these days and alot of these ''voices'' don't sound all that different. Either go for a classic voice (Conroy, Gottfried) or inject some new blood (Lewis and Kimsey).

• Like Like x 1
  15. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Well, her Lois definitely sounds different from her Harley and young!Bruce ;).

16. SweetShop209

Tara's take on Lois does sound similar to her other roles, but I don't mind it considering that she does still capture her spunk. Besides, Troy Baker and Diredrich Bader are using their respective Batman voices for Hawkman and Booster Gold, and I haven't heard any complaints. (And I find them hilarious on their roles)

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I think Bader's Booster is much more like his Guy Gardner then his Batman voice.

I also think Tara's Lois captures her sass and spunky sides better compared to, say, Grey Griffin's Lois :).

18. SweetShop209

I think Grey does a fine Lois also. The only time I had an issue (and even then, not that much since she still had funny lines) was the LEGO DC Superhero Brain Drain movie, where she used her adult Lois voice for someone who's supposed to be a teenager. Granted, it was only because Lois made a cameo, but still.

Back to today's short, I do think that Lois is keeping quiet for Superman's sake. I'm pretty sure she saw Plastic Man briefly change into himself when Luthor was electrocuting, and purposefully looked away to help both him and Superman out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. BigFatHairyDeal

BigFatHairyDeal Defender of the Universe

A lot of funny ambiguity in this episode. Who's the fool here? Is it Lois for thinking she could outsmart Superman, but not succeeding? Is it Luthor for trying to trap Superman but being trapped himself? Or is it Plastic Man for thinking he was just there to fool Lois, but really he was part of a bigger plan to capture Luthor? Or was the plan even more involved that Superman was trying to fool Lois, capture Luthor, and keep Plastic Man in the dark so that Plastic Man didn't tip his hand? I like to think Superman was using all three as pawns, as a good throwback to his Super****ery ways of yore.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

And did Lois see Plastic Man's face pop up while Luthor was shocking him and just keep it quite? We may never know :rolleyes2:...