1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"Justice League Action" Animated Webisodes Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by Yojimbo, Jun 28, 2017.

1. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Space Cabbie, Booster Gold, Granny Goodness, pregnant alien creature... what more could you ask for? :p

Booster having to deal with a birth kind of reminded me of a similar scenario from Justice League Unlimited.

I was a little surprised Granny helped out, but of course she had her own reasons for that.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I have to imagine that's not too far off from how most births on Apokolips happen :p.

I guess it makes sense that Granny Goodnes would be experienced with delivering babies...as much as it also makes sense she would be experienced with stealing them from their parents :ack:.

Granny hasn't appeared in any episode aired on TV yet so for some this will be the first time they see her in action (if you'll pardon the pun) and hear Cloris Leachman in the role :).

While I still have to adjust to the idea of an actual woman voicing Granny after Ed Asner basically defined the role in the DCAU, I have to say I think she does a solid job of conveying the dichotomy of Granny's motherly qualities with the cruelty and sinister nature underneath :evil:.

I wonder if Booster is going to pay for the damages to Space Cabbie's cab? Probably not :sweat:.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Greg91

Greg91 Member
    Reporter

One of the best shorts yet! I love how Granny Goodness pulled a 180 and helped deliver the baby, then pulled another 180 and decided to keep it. Booster Gold and Space Cabbie just added to the hilarity.

Granny Goodness sounds and looks great, Booster saving the kid was nice and the mother fortunately survived that ordeal intact.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Eh, kind of a boring cliche story but it was neat that this one is an example of a character showing up on the shorts before they appear in the series. Also, nice callback with selfies. Still feels weird not seeing Skeets with Booster.

I thought of the birth in "The Greatest Story Never Told" as well.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

• Like Like x 2
  6. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Not much to talk about this time, but it was pretty cool seeing some more options of the Justice League jet.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. BigFatHairyDeal

BigFatHairyDeal Defender of the Universe

I have but one regret. Years ago, I made a compilation video showing Batman, across various media, eventually crashing his aircraft. I was hoping this would've made a good addition to the list. Does getting shot down in an aircraft-turned-tank count?

• Like Like x 2
  8. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

It was cool to see more of what the Justice League jet is capable of, and that it can split into three different components for land/sea/air missions. I'm sure they'll make a toy out of that ;).

I wonder if we'll see any of these different components pop up in an actual episode? I'm kind of surprised they haven't at this point :sweat:.

Never underestimate what you can do with a sub :rolleyes2:.

Wonder Woman. Ace Pilot :cool:.

I guess we can add Dana Snyder to the list of VA's who've voiced HIVE Master :p?

• Like Like x 2
  9. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

If they make a toy of Justice-1 with all those vehicles and the break away option with Justice-2... :D

It's really entertaining how effective a chaotic element like Plastic Man is as throwing Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman at a target. If not more. lol.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Cool seeing Toyman again. The controlled Cyborg and Plastic Man were pretty nice.

This wasn't as fun as some of the other shorts, but still entertaining. Especially Toyman's closing line. :p

• Like Like x 2
  11. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

This wasn't as fun as "Play Date" but it was nice to see Toyman again ;).

Though I guess this fits as a stealth sequel to that episode, because I imagine Toyman taking over Cyborg was partially revenge for his defeat there :ack:.

So I get how Toyman took over Cyborg, but Plastic Man? I thought the took over the robot part of Cyborg's body, but that wouldn't work for Plastic Man. I guess it was just basic mind control o_O.

Poor Plastic Man. He doesn't want to get mistaken for turning back to a life of crime :p.

Well, I think Batman knows a thing or two about toys himself. Just look at all those gadgets :rolleyes2:.

• Like Like x 2
  12. ShadowStar

ShadowStar Member

I heard Shirley Walker's Batman theme when Batman launched out of the Batmobile! So awesome!

This was a great short. Very fun and fast-paced. I suspect that Paul Dini wrote this one.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. M.O.D.O.K.

M.O.D.O.K. Scientist Supreme
    Staff Member Moderator

He really wanted to have a rubber duck, I guess.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

I laughed at the tire boot solution. Of course the Batmobile would be armed with some. But yeah, overall, a boring one note short.

It's essentially the same kind of tech he used to control the physical movements of Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, and Cyborg in "Play Date" except it was a helmet this time. He made Plastic Man use his shape shifting power the same way he forced Superman to use his super powers in the game against Batman.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Pfeiffer-Pfan

Pfeiffer-Pfan Makin' Whoopee!

Nothing boring about this one at all. Really fun and a great use of stoic Batman. Always nice to hear even a hint of Walker's Batman theme.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  16. ShadowStar

ShadowStar Member

No new short this week?

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I guess they skipped a week :sweat:.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Pfeiffer-Pfan

Pfeiffer-Pfan Makin' Whoopee!

It's worth noting that each ''season'' of the Batman Unlimited shorts only consisted of 11 episodes (each 11 shorts supporting one of the DTV's and the characters within).

I'm hoping the JL Action shorts got an order for 22, but I guess this is it... for now.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. ShadowStar

ShadowStar Member

If Paul Dini wrote four or five, then perhaps there will be as many as 33 in total... We'll see. I do feel now that a number like 44 would be unrealistic given that the crew probably didn't start working on these shorts until after half of season 1 had been scripted (e.g. "Quality Time" being written after "Best Day Ever").

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Paul Dini said they produced a lot of shorts, and it was implied Supergirl was in one of them, so I wonder how long they'll hold off on the rest of them o_O?

• Agree Agree x 1