1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Justice League Action" Animated Webisodes Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by Yojimbo, Jun 28, 2017.

1. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Snappy, fun, dialogue and prominent female Supervillains? Definitely sounds like a Paul Dini script ;).

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

I loved the notion that Batman throws terrible parties but as Bruce Wayne, he's the total opposite.

Interesting they also emphasized Cheetah's speed relative to Flash like in theBatman Unlimited and DCSHG shorts.

I wasn't feeling the design. Could have used some more polish.

Exactly. I know Dini said they made tons of these shorts but it's kind of boring the same core cast is getting the spotlight instead of expanding on the others like with Atom in the first one.

Hmm. Seems like almost the same line up as Justice League/JLU except Hawkman for Hawkgirl.

Or just use magic to fix the damage to how it was before.

Callan's reply to Krieg was pretty amusing as well.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I think it's because Bruce is just a natural performer and method actor. He can't do it as Batman because he's not in-character or in a completely different one :p.

I guess they want to go for the obvious Cheetah = super-fast connection, though I'm wondering if Cheetah is also super-strength since she seemed to hit Flash hard...though that could've been from her momentum :ack:.

I think it's her face that really throws me off :sweat:.

I think we are getting some good spotlight for other characters in here, with Flash now having speaking appearances in two shorts, the Firestorm and Stargirl short, Booster and Plastic Man in the last one, and in this episode with all the female villains :anime:.

Of course the Trinity is still pretty prominent but I think it's great that they're using these shorts to expand on the show and include or expand on characters/dynamics that we haven't seen or won't see in season 1 and I hope we get more of that with future ones :).

Although I also hope that we get to see more with certain characters in the show proper, like with Cheetah and Star Sapphire ;).
    I doubt Cyborg is a founder in this continuity since they seem to still treat him as a teenager/new recruit to some degree and it seems like the League (and the heroes) have been active for a while o_O.

Pfft...logic :rolleyes2:.

I'm sure Paul Dini will appreciate it as well :harley:.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Yes.

Good point.

Yeah, sounded like he came after they lowered the age requirement. I think "Play Date" was when they mentioned it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Y'know, just thinking of other characters who we know have character designs but who haven't appeared or confirmed to be in the show proper yet, I wonder if Black Canary might turn-up in a short :anime:?

She was in a picture in Space Cabbie's collection ;).

• Like Like x 2
  6. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

True, or some of the other upcoming folk like Mr. Terrific, Supergirl, Mr. Miracle I think -- or the other villains in the sequence - Captain Cold, Reverse Flash, etc.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Paul Dini tweeted there was a brief fight scene between Zatanna and Ember in the script for "Quality Time", but it was cut for time.

• Informative Informative x 2
  8. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

That would've been nice to see, given Ember was introduced in Paul Dini's Zatanna run and that they had a brief tiff in "Speed Demon" ;).

I wonder if there were plans for Cyborg to turn-up given he was also with the group at the end :)?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Space Cabbie's quest was fun. Booster was pretty hilarious as usual. Wonder Woman was great, as well. And another Black Canary cameo...

• Like Like x 5
  10. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Batman going out of his way to avoid taking the selfie was hilarious. I guess he's just not very photogenic or he subconsciously remembers when Booster did it to him in "Time Out" :rolleyes2:.

Once again, another mention of stuff going on at New Genesis that we're not privy too :ack:.

Speaking of Booster, who else would use a selfie as an opportunity for product placement? Also seeing him in that Batman loungewear was...interesting, to say the least :p.

Another Black Canary cameo in a Space Cabbie selfie. Can we get a speaking appearance now, please :sweat:?

I was wondering why the heck there were Parademons in the Watchtower, but it figures they would have their own danger room. Wonder Woman's fight with them, though, and Cabbie's efforts to help her with his phone was pretty cool though :cool:.

Cabbie got his Batman selfie in the end ;).

• Like Like x 2
  11. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Booster is also holding a can of Golden Fizz on the picture from this year's Comic-Con bag. I wonder if it will make it into any of the regular episodes as well.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Maybe we'll see him in a commercial for it :p?

• Like Like x 2
  13. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Pretty cool treat to see more of the Watchtower - a bit more of the parking bay and the holographic training simulator.

It was perfect joke on many levels. Batman hates selfies and would rather pay $38k. And because he's Bruce Wayne, he'd totally have enough cash in his wallet. :D

I found Cabbies discovery of the photobombs hilarious. I bet if the episode length were longer, they would go on a bit longer with him looking through his selfies.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Pfeiffer-Pfan

Pfeiffer-Pfan Makin' Whoopee!

I have been loving these shorts. So much more entertaining than the Batman Unlimited ones.

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. BigFatHairyDeal

BigFatHairyDeal Defender of the Universe

I'm just going to throw out there that WoWo's training exercise has her opponents set out to bind and gag her. How Marstonian.

• Like Like x 2
  16. ShadowStar

ShadowStar Member

Interesting how "All Aboard the Space Train" seems to contradict this episode and Space Cabbie's other appearances. In that episode, Cabbie is more interested in his sandwich than in helping the League to begin with (which I feel contradicts his adoration of them in "Follow That Space Cab!" and this short) and he also hints that he's attracted to Wonder Woman - which is apparently not the case in this short as she flirts with him to no avail.

I don't mean to complain though as I've been enjoying these shorts, especially "Chemistry", "Up and Atom!", "Lasso of Lies" etc.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Not really, he was looking for Batman to get his money then pursued two other heroes for selfies.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. ShadowStar

ShadowStar Member

I wonder whether the creative team will comment on how many of these shorts are being made in total. Could there end up being as many as 52?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

My guess is there might be 26 of these - they could have worked as teasers (similar to Batman: The Brave and the Bold), airing alongside two different stories each week. But it's just a theory.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

26 seems like a reasonable amount...though I can't help but hope for more :D.

• Agree Agree x 1