"Justice League Action" Animated Webisodes Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by Yojimbo, Jun 28, 2017.

1. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Jason J. Lewis revealed Jim Krieg wrote "Good Cop, Bat Cop".

Deadshot's interrogation here kind of reminded me of two scenes from Justice League - the way Batman scared him (off-screen) just by talking to him in "The Enemy Below", and Superman trying to intimidate Copperhead in "Injustice For All".

I think that's how they started the Batman Unlimited shorts as well - released a few of them without warning, then one per week. I hope Justice League Action will get more shorts than the 33 that series had, but we'll see.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. BigFatHairyDeal

BigFatHairyDeal Defender of the Universe

I thought the same.

I like to think Wonder Woman let Superman indulge in his Bad Cop fantasy since she's the most effective interrogator of the bunch (cough lasso cough).

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I swear they should just make a joke out of all the times they should've used the Lasso of Truth but didn't :p.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

• Like Like x 1
  5. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I missed seeing Shane Glines designs on Facebook :anime:.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Luthor's silver armor looks pretty good. A Kryptonite Bat sounds weird. :p

Other than that, this was actually pretty clever.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Troy Troodon

Troy Troodon Well-Known Member

Hmm, I know they're harking back to the Silver Age/Bronze Age Lex, but I miss the more modern, tycoon Lex.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Given quite a few episodes featuring Luthor have focused on him putting Superman in dire situations through predicting how the Man of Steel would act, it's fun to see Supes manage to turn the tables for once with some thinking of his own ;).

I also love how Superman pointed out how absurd Lex's planning was, right down to the Kryptonite bat :p.

Not sure why Lex's suit was a completely different color in this episode, but I guess it's nice to see some variety :sweat:?

• Like Like x 2
  9. BigFatHairyDeal

It's like Justice League Action just MST3K'd Batman v. Superman.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

So the moral of the story is don't stand under holes. :p

But really Lex? All that planning and you make a fake name from cheeses? Oi.

• Like Like x 2
  11. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Nice seeing Deadshot again. And cool focus on Wonder Woman as well, I liked the short fight scene. The surprise guests were fun. Booster's confession was great.

• Like Like x 5
  12. BigFatHairyDeal

Oh, the YouTube thumbnails are killing me...

Anyway, "WoWo."

• Like Like x 4
  13. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

It was cool to see Deadshot pop up again, and his guns going up against Wonder Woman's bracelets was a pretty exciting fight :cool:.

Plas is probably lucky Wonder Woman didn't take more issue to the fact that he was physically attached to her hip without her knowing like that :sweat:.

Something tells me Booster Gold will probably want to avoid the Lasso of Truth going forward :p.

So Luthor hired Deadshot to take out Wonder Woman? I wonder if he hired him to take out Batman as well in that earlier short o_O?

Poor Deadshot's not getting his ice cream :rolleyes2:.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Loved that fight sequence! Also lol'ed when she squeezed Plas' face.

I wondered if Luthor hired Deadshot to attack WW as a distraction so she wouldn't accompany Superman to the trap in the previous webisode.

Time suit hasn't worked in a few months? Guess that places this before "Time Out"

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Star Sapphire and Cheetah! Pretty awesome stuff. The discussion between the heroes was good as well. Superman bowling and Batman's reaction were a nice ending. :p

• Like Like x 3
  16. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Hey, an Alfred mention :anime:!

The "Ivy League" of female villains was pretty awesome. Not only is it really cool seeing all these female baddies together, with Ivy and Ember making a return (and Ember actually getting to fight this time) but we also get the debut of Cheetah and Star Sapphire :D.

Ivy with a plant staff as a weapon was pretty cool :cool:.

I know Shane Glines confirmed Cheetah won't be making an appearance in season 1, so it's nice to see her appear here and shown to be a super-fast foe on par with The Flash. Too bad we didn't get to see her go toe-to-toe with her nemesis Wonder Woman though :ack:.

Star Sapphire's constructs were pretty awesome :evil:.

I wonder if Star Sapphire is a genuine villain here or if she's under the control of her ring? Is that why her eyes were completely blank o_O?

It would've been nice to see her fight Green Lantern instead of Superman, if only to explore their relationship and actually finally give GL a speaking appearance :p.

I wonder if Cheetah and Star Sapphire had their own VA's or if Rachel Kimsey and Natasha Leggero handled their grunts? Did they get Tara Strong back for Ember's one grunt? I also wonder, since we know Cheetah won't be in the show proper for season 1, if that's true for Star Sapphire as well :eek:?

I'm almost surprised Harley didn't show up in this grouping of female Supervillains, especially since Ivy was in tow and they had another Tara Strong-voiced character in the group :harley:.

So the League comes together for a "Summit?" Is that just an annual meeting for every member in the Justice League or could it be purely for the founders? It kind of felt that way with Batman, Wonder Woman, Superman, and Flash talking about it, though we had Zatanna and Cyborg show up at the end. Makes me wonder if they'll ever clarify who the founding members of the Justice League in this continuity are...

It's nice to see the heroes in their downtime and hanging out, outside of saving the world and fighting crime. Of course they'd leave it to Batman to pay for it (though I think Zatanna's pretty wealthy herself) :rolleyes2:.

• Like Like x 1
    #36 Frontier, Jul 27, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
  17. Greg91

Greg91 Member
    Reporter

It's nice to see a big battle like this in a few minutes. It's great to see Flash once again! That's almost as big a deal as Green Lantern showing up considering how both of them are hardly around.

I was expecting Cheetah to show up somewhere despite Shane Gilnes saying she wouldn't be in season one. It just seemed like a waste of a character design. It was fun to see some female villains teaming up like Star Sapphire and Poison Ivy.

I knew Superman would damage something at the end. Too bad Batman had to pay for something he wasn't interested in, in the first place. Overall, one of the best shorts in my opinion alongside Beep Beep and Good Cop Bat Cop. I liked Cyborg and Zatanna's appearances too. Hopefully a future DVD will collect these shorts with the episodes of the show.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

With Cheetah popping up here, I wonder if Aquaman has a chance of appearing this season at least in this series of shorts.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I think if he actually has a completed design, there might be a decent chance of it ;).

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Jim Krieg commented on Jonathan Callan's Facebook page that Paul Dini wrote "Quality Time".

• Informative Informative x 1