1. View our list of the Top 10 Characters That Need a DC Animated Film. Click here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"Justice League Action" Animated Webisodes Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by Yojimbo, Jun 28, 2017.

1. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Check out a new webisode of Justice League Action, Thursdays on the DC Kids YouTube!

[​IMG]

01. Up and Atom!
    02. Beep Beep
    03. Chemistry
    04. Good Cop, Bat Cop
    05. It's A Trap!
    06. Lasso of Lies
    07. Quality Time
    08. Selfie Help
    09. Special Delivery
    10. Justice 1, 2, 3, Go!
    11. Toy Mano A Mano

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

Also, keep in mind this thread is only for the online shorts of the show. If you want to talk about any episodes that have aired internationally before making their debut on Cartoon Network in the US, you must use the season one talkback.

• Like Like x 2
    #1 Yojimbo, Jun 28, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2017
  2. SweetShop209

SweetShop209 Well-Known Member

It seems like there are Justice League Action shorts.

I don't which is my favorite. They're all funny.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    #2 SweetShop209, Jun 29, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2017
  3. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Well, those pretty much came from nowhere... But they're pretty cool. Nice recruitment for Atom with him going up against a parademon, and Firestorm & Stargirl were cute together (that callback to "The Trouble With Truth" with Green Arrow was unexpected). I really liked "Beep, Beep" - probably my favorite out of these.

Opening them in playlist form, it says new episodes will be released every Thursday. Wonder how many of these there will be. It kind of reminds me of the Batman Unlimited days, but these seem more entertaining. :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Wow, these were unexpected :eek:.

I'm always up for more Justice League Action, but I wasn't expecting it in the form of shorts. But these were really fun and gave us some really cool character interactions and focus, which also expands on the show to a degree, so I hope they produce more of these :anime:.

I can't wait to see all the other shorts and which characters they spotlight :D.

"Up and Atom"

I'm wondering if this takes place before all of Atom's episodes on the show or is carrying over from Atom helping the League save Superman from Luthor's nanobots and help stop Brainiac? I imagine both of those events would inspire the League to promote Atom to full-on League status ;).

Wow, that was one beefed up Parademon. Watching him manhandle the League and fight Atom toe-to-toe once shrunk was really cool, as was how Ray ultimately managed to defeat him with his smarts :cool:.

It's nice to see Ray being acknowledged here for his skills as both a scientist and a courageous hero, and how much that adds to the League :).

"Beep Beep"
    I never would've thought I'd see Flash and Lobo recreate the classic Road Runner/Wile E. Coyote dynamic, but here we are :p.

It was nice to see Flash in the spotlight again since we haven't seen him since "Galaxy Jest," and watching him make a fool out of Lobo was pretty fun :proud:.

That was a pretty high bounty for Flash. I wonder if maybe the Reverse-Flash or the Rogues set it up o_O?

"I never studied law." Is this Flash not a forensic scientist? Doesn't that kind of career imply you studied law to some degree :sweat:?

"Chemistry"
    Firestorm and Stargirl made for a cute and fun team-up here, especially with Ronnie trying to impress/flirt with Stargirl and making a fool out of himself :rolleyes2:.

Important to note...just because your powers requires you to know science, doesn't mean you actually understand science. Which I guess is Firestorm to a T :harley:.

Stargirl kissing Firestorm at the end was a nice surprise. I wonder if they might build on that relationship further in the show, or if it'll effect Ronnie's previous crush on Killer Frost :ack:?

• Like Like x 2
    #4 Frontier, Jun 29, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
  5. SweetShop209

SweetShop209 Well-Known Member

1. Flash's personality in his short reminds me of Bugs Bunny. Heck, Charlie Schattler voiced his descendant Ace Bunny on Loonatics Unleashed.

2. I really wish YouTube shorts had end credits so I would know who writes these things.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Probably because these have actual dialogue ;).

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Otaku-sempai

Otaku-sempai Well-Known Member

Well, aren't they all shorts really? These are just short-shorts! ;)

• Like Like x 1
  8. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

And a more diverse cast of characters. Super-heroines exist in this universe.

It's a little funny in hindsight how the only major female character in the Batman Unlimited series - Cheetah - is supposedly missing from Justice League Action other than that brief cameo in the opening credits.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Let's not forget about Silver Banshee and that old lady who always bothered Bruce at parties :p.

• Like Like x 1
  10. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. ShadowStar

ShadowStar Member

That's great news! I guess this explains why voice recording was still happening as recently as a few months ago despite a lot of season 1 apparently being in the can - some of the shorts may have only been recorded very recently. I hope there are around 20 of them but who knows, there might be more! Very cool! Maybe these shorts will end up on the DVD/blu-ray releases!

Watching Up and Atom and Chemistry, I felt that the musical scoring was a step up from what I've heard in the 18 episodes of JLA I've seen to date. That makes me wonder if these three shorts were completed more recently than approximately half of season 1 - and hopefully there's more good scoring to come in forthcoming episodes/shorts!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Glad to know we can expect to watch plenty of shorts in the future, and I can't wait to see which characters get the spotlight or are paired up :D.

This would be a good way of expanding on characters who've had smaller appearances earlier in the series, or maybe even feature some characters we haven't seen on the show yet (like adult Dr. Fate, Supergirl, Green Lantern...) :anime:.

It's also nice to see the writers for the shorts being announced/credited, since that was something I was genuinely curious about :).

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Just saw Dini's replies in the comment section about the shorts. And logically, some if not all are scenes cut from episodes. One of these is his. Now it's an 'oddball sequel' to an episode he wrote.

• Informative Informative x 1
    #13 Yojimbo, Jun 30, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2017
  14. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Can't wait to see which episode gets an "oddball sequel" :D.

#14 Frontier, Jul 1, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2017
  15. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

• Informative Informative x 2
  16. Bestmand902

Bestmand902 Active Member

I look forward to these little 2-3 minute shorts, I'm glad that we're getting more of the show that way.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Justice League Action | Good Cop, Bat Cop | Episode 4

Pretty hilarious role reversal. I'm kind of surprised it worked so well. :p

• Like Like x 3
  18. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I guess it was too much to hope for three shorts a week :rolleyes2:.

It was cool seeing Deadshot turn up again. I'm curious who paid him to ice Batman...

Superman and Batman trying to trade roles was just hilarious with how ill-suited Superman was as "bad cop" and how Batman was a really creepy "good cop." Superman was just trying too hard and Batman is just really off-putting when he's smiling and trying to be nice :eek:.

I think the real reason Deadshot confessed was just because nice guy Batman freaked him out more then Superman's poor attempt at being a tough guy :p.

Of course Superman still gets the credit in the end, though the role-reversal was his idea ;).

Uh...it was nice to see Wonder Woman and Firestorm :sweat:?

• Like Like x 2
  19. Greg91

Greg91 Member
    Reporter

I've liked all the shorts so far, but Beep Beep and Good Cop Bat Cop have to be my favorite because of how funny they are! Justice League Action always seems to have solid action with a few humorous moments, but these shorts really get to emphasize the humor of this series, whereas some people watching the actual episodes might be looking for more traditional superhero action.

I liked how Wonder Woman and Batman were praising Atom as a hero or seeing Lobo's plan work on Superman but fail against the Flash ending in a hilarious Looney Tunes way. Firestorm trying to impress Stargirl (what happened to Killer Frost?) with Stein's facts was pretty cute, but Batman and Superman's interrogation of Deadshot has to be my favorite. I liked Wonder Woman and Firestorm's discussion at the end of the short as well.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. BigFatHairyDeal

BigFatHairyDeal Defender of the Universe

Pretty funny stuff. I just hope YouTube doesn't decide to stop airing these because the toy sales aren't up to snuff.

Up and at them!

• Like Like x 3