1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Justice League (2011 Ongoing)" Series Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'DC Comics and Collectibles' started by James Harvey, Aug 31, 2011.

?

Rate and Comment - [i]Justice League[/i]

1. *****

22.2%
  2. ****1/2

11.1%
  3. ****

11.1%
  4. ***1/2

11.1%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

11.1%
  10. 1/2

33.3%
  1. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Well-Known Member

This was a great wrap-up to the story and I thought Darkseid short-lived redesign was really excellent. The revelation sin this issue dovetail nicely into DC Rebirth and some really have my attention. The Joker mystery is interesting as is the idea that Wonder Woman has a brother. The art was fantastic as usual and I hope Fabok remains at DC Comics because he is really able to make these characters look great. I like how Johns was able to give this issue an intimate feel but didn't overlook the massive scale of things either. This is a big issue and usually I bet this would be the most-talked about DC Comics story of the week but with Rebirth I can see why it would be overshadowed. A great capper to John's run on the book. It's a shame it is done so soon because I found his run on this book was really underwhelming but he was able to finally get things together with Darksied War. The epilogue feels a little tacked on and the ending a bit rushed but overall this was a fantastic issue and a nice way to close the book on the New 52 Justice League.

2. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

Wrapping up some The New 52 loose-ends...

JUSTICE LEAGUE #51

[​IMG]

Written by DAN JURGENS
    Art and cover by PAUL PELLETIER

A TITANS: REBIRTH #1 prelude! Set shortly after the formation of the Justice League, Batman introduces his new partner Robin (Dick Grayson) to the team just as it’s pulled into a deadly assault on Metropolis by mysterious creatures. Outclassed and terrified, the Boy Wonder must use his wits and guile to survive. And in doing so, he catches the attention of a foe that will alter the course of his life forever. This story ties directly into TITANS: REBIRTH #1!

Discuss this Comic!

3. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

The final issue of DC Comics' The New 52 era is here!

JUSTICE LEAGUE #52

[​IMG]

Written by DAN JURGENS
    Art and cover by PAUL PELLETIER and TONY KORDOS

It’s a brave new world in the devastation that follows “Darkseid War.”

Discuss this Comic!