1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Justice League (2011 Ongoing)" Series Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'DC Comics and Collectibles' started by James Harvey, Aug 31, 2011.

?

Rate and Comment - [i]Justice League[/i]

1. *****

22.2%
  2. ****1/2

11.1%
  3. ****

11.1%
  4. ***1/2

11.1%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

11.1%
  10. 1/2

33.3%
  1. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Well-Known Member

So Batman finds out the Joker's real identity? I assume this is something he'll forget as soon as he is separated from the chair. A great issue though. I'm really interested to see where this goes and just love the artwork. My only complaint is how last issue's big cliffhanger with Luthor being shot is dealt as an afterthought here. Kinda deflates it.

2. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

Batman ... now ... Batgod?

JUSTICE LEAGUE #43

[​IMG]

Written by GEOFF JOHNS
    Art and cover by JASON FABOK

"The Darkseid War" event rages on as Batman takes a dark journey into the depths of Godhood and unlocks the forbidden knowledge of the DC universe! Meanwhile, arch-enemies Superman and Lex Luthor must stand together in order to survive, and Wonder Woman leads the Justice League in an offensive against the Anti-Monitor and Darkseid! But what is Grail’s true mission during this war-—and what is the secret she holds over Wonder Woman?

Comments? Discuss this Comic!

3. Wonder Woman

Awesome. Not much else needs to be said. How frightening is that Reverse-Superman? Cool coloring idea that makes the Man of Steel come off as absolutely scary. A great story though and it seems like things are just slowly building toward something massive. Beautiful art too. This is the best this comic has been in ages.

4. James Harvey

A shocking death rocks the League!

JUSTICE LEAGUE #44

[​IMG]

Written by GEOFF JOHNS

Darkseid versus Anti-Monitor! A corrupted Superman versus Lex Luthor! Myrina Black versus Grail! This chapter of "Darkseid War" has it all—plus an ending that will change the League forever!

Discuss this Comic!

5. Wonder Woman

So ... Darkseid's dead? And so is Power Ring/Jessica Cruz? I didn't see that coming. Pretty interesting issue that definitely seems to be setting up a few huge things. Flash becoming the new Black Rider was also a surprise. A good arc so far but a lot of it seems to be Johns just trying to go bigger and bigger and bigger and it's getting a bit unwieldy.

6. James Harvey

The first arc of the "Darkseid War" concludes!

JUSTICE LEAGUE #45

[​IMG]

Written by GEOFF JOHNS
    Art and cover by FRANCIS MANAPUL

The critically acclaimed “Darkseid War” continues as the second wave of war begins with “Darkseid War: Gods and Men”! In the aftermath of the cataclysmic events of Justice League #44, members of the League have gained great power —the power of Gods!— but at a great price. And that price may be their destruction, unless Wonder Woman and Mister Miracle can help the League escape the curse of the New Gods and hold on to their humanity.

Discuss this Comic!

7. Wonder Woman

Now that is a great last page! Lex Luthor - the new Darkseid! Very very cool stuff right there.

8. James Harvey

This week sees the first in a series of special Justice League: The Darkseid War one-shots dedicated to the fall-out of the storyline, and how each member of the team has been affected. Check them out!

[​IMG]

9. Wonder Woman

So Joe Chill has killed about 40 people? Wouldn't that make him a serial killer at this point? I like that this comic gave us that classic scene where Batman unmasks in front of Chill and tells him he's responsible for his creation, but it loses a lot of power when it's Batman on the Metron chair. It doesn't make Batman seem human at all, like it did in the other times we saw this scene. Still if the rest of the one-shots are like this then we got some neat comics coming. I'm really enjoying these alternate takes on the Leaguers.

10. James Harvey

The "Darkseid War" event moves into its next phase!

JUSTICE LEAGUE #46

[​IMG]

Written by GEOFF JOHNS
    Art and cover by FRANCIS MANAPUL

"Darkseid War" rages on! The Justice League has become Gods! Grail discovers a truth about Wonder Woman that disturbs even her! And a shocking secret about the fate of the Anti-Monitor will force the League to seek out new and unlikely allies!

Discuss this Comic!

11. Wonder Woman

This issue justifies those one-shots since Johns doesn't really spend any time exploring how the Leaguers changed now that they're new gods. We got some amazing comics out of those too. The Green Lantern done was hands down one of the best DC Comics of the year. This was a good issue but it seemed a bit jumpy and slow. A couple things moved forward and kind of set everything up for the third act. The endings with the anti-life equation was pretty cool and I think its safe to say that Superman and Wonder Woman are definitely not an item any more at all, but it also looks like Superman has no clue.

12. James Harvey

Can the Justice League be saved?

JUSTICE LEAGUE #47

[​IMG]

Written by GEOFF JOHNS

Super-star artist Jason Fabok returns as the second act of "Darkseid Wars" begins! As the members of the Justice League struggle with their new Godhood abilities, Wonder Woman must turn to the beings that have fought the Anti-Monitor before: the Crime Syndicate! Plus, what secret does Grail hold that will change Diana’s world forever?

Discuss this Comic!

13. Wonder Woman

As much as I've been enjoying this arc, it is starting to drag just a little. The pace could definitely be pushed up a little. Still it is awesome to see Fabok back on pencils even though I really enjoyed Manapul's fill-in art. This issue still feels mostly like set-up, but so has the last few issues and that is slowing it down. I do like that Wonder Woman remains a focus and is really the driving force to bring everyone together to stop Anti-Monitor by bringing in the Crime Syndicate. John's run on Justice League has been really tightly knit since Forever Evil and it's actually pretty impressive. I just wish this arc was moving at a more aggressive pace.

14. James Harvey

Johns and Fabok continue their final epic arc!

JUSTICE LEAGUE #48

[​IMG]

Written by GEOFF JOHNS

The epic "Darkseid War" continues as the League is forced to unite with their evil counterparts, the Crime Syndicate, to defeat the nigh-omnipotent Anti-Monitor! Plus, what is the terrible secret behind Superwoman’s newborn child?

Discuss this Comic!

15. Wonder Woman

The artwork is just incredible in this comic. How Fabok can juggle so many characters is pretty amazing. No wonder this issue took a little while than usual to get released because this must've been a lot for him to do. The store is still pretty engaging and things just got pretty dire as it looks like Superwoman is about to give birth to a New God. Since there are still a few more parts to go I bet we're about to see some grand-scale, perhaps universe-altering stuff.

16. James Harvey

Explore the back story in this special "Darkseid War" comic!

JUSTICE LEAGUE: DARKSEID WAR SPECIAL #1

[​IMG]

Written by GEOFF JOHNS
    Art by OSCAR JIMENEZ

The massive “Darkseid War” epic continues to set the stages for the future of the DC Universe as we reveal the secrets behind its newest major player: Darkseid’s daughter, Grail! And if the Justice League is not careful, the spoils of war will all end up with her! See the truth behind Grail's role in this war and the future of the DC Universe as she tears her way across it. Plus, world-renowned visualist Kim Jung Gi puts his stamp on the DC Universe with a wall-to-wall-to-wall action triptych featuring the Big Three!

Discuss this Comic!

17. Wonder Woman

A pretty good issue. I like that we finally got to learn Grail's backstory and it was pretty good. Not a real great but it seems essential enough to the story. What I'm more curious about is the fact that Steve Trevor might not be the first man to the island. I mean Wonder Woman's updated origin kinda makes that obvious but I wonder why this is becoming a plot point here.

18. James Harvey

The countdown to the final of "Darkseid War," and "DC Rebirth," continues!

JUSTICE LEAGUE #49

[​IMG]

Written by GEOFF JOHNS

In this, the penultimate chapter of the critically-acclaimed epic "Darkseid War," the fate of the Justice League and the entire universe is on the line! But can even the combined might of the Justice Gods contend with the secret machinations of Grail, the deadly daughter of Darkseid? Death, rebirth and the life of one of the members of the League changed forever!

Discuss this Comic!

19. Wonder Woman

Another great issue. The stakes are high and it looks like everything is just falling apart. That scene with Steve Trevor definitely surprised me and the birth of Superwoman's baby was both creepy and very ominous. I can't wait for issue #50 to see how this wraps up. This is easily the best the book has even been and I'm glad its going out on such a great note. This book has been pretty average for awhile, especially after looking back at the older issues and comparing them to how great these ones have been. The artwork was fabulous too.

20. James Harvey

The epic conclusion to "Darkseid Wars!" Read this before DC Universe: Rebirth #1!

JUSTICE LEAGUE #50

[​IMG]

Written by GEOFF JOHNS

This is it!! The massive, 48-page conclusion to the critically-acclaimed "Darkseid War" can hardly be contained between two covers! Don’t miss the final fates of the world’s greatest heroes and villains, along with world-changing revelations for Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman. It doesn’t get bigger than this as DC’s monthly super hero event comic sets the stage for the next year and beyond!

Discuss this Comic!