1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"Justice League (2011 Ongoing)" Series Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'DC Comics and Collectibles' started by James Harvey, Aug 31, 2011.

?

Rate and Comment - [i]Justice League[/i]

1. *****

22.2%
  2. ****1/2

11.1%
  3. ****

11.1%
  4. ***1/2

11.1%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

11.1%
  10. 1/2

33.3%
  1. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

Justice League versus The Doom Patrol!

JUSTICE LEAGUE #33

[​IMG]

Written by GEOFF JOHNS
    Art and cover by IVAN REIS and JOE PRADO

The shocking conclusion to “THE INJUSTICE LEAGUE” leads to a startling confrontation with the all-new, all-dangerous Doom Patrol! And in the wake of it all, a secret will be revealed that will bond two members forever – and break two members apart. Plus, Shazam unlocks a new power that will send a shockwave through the League.

Comments?

2. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Well-Known Member

The cliffhanger to this issue would have hit a bit better if the issue wasn't late. Or of the solicits didn't also kind of ruin it. Still I like that Lex is part of the League now and I'm really curious to see how this works with Clark and Bruce on the team. Superman already knows that Batman is Bruce Wayne so this could actually add some tension that takes away from the usual Lex/Superman dynamic.

3. James Harvey

Who is Power Ring?

JUSTICE LEAGUE #34

[​IMG]

Written by GEOFF JOHNS
    Art and cover by DOUG MANKHE

Paranoid survivalist. Wanted fugitive. Damned soul. Meet the newest member of the Justice League: Jessica Cruz, a.k.a. Power Ring! With the most dangerous weapon in the universe in her possession, Jessica has been transformed into a dark prophet – one who will force the other members of the League to confront their greatest fears in preparation for a horrific new threat. Meanwhile, Batman and Lex Luthor continue their mission to cure the world of super-villains – but will the extremes they’re willing to go to threaten even their closest allies? Lex hopes so.

Comments?

4. Wonder Woman

Is it safe to assume Power Ring is going to be the stand-in for Green Lantern for the next little while. With Hal basically running the Corps right now there's not much time for him to be part of the League I guess.

5. James Harvey

An all-new storyline begins! The Amazo Virus is here!

JUSTICE LEAGUE #35

[​IMG]

Written by GEOFF JOHNS
    Art and cover by IVAN REIS and JOE PRADO

Bruce Wayne and Lex Luthor join Wayne Enterprises and LexCorp – but why? And then, it's human versus superhuman when a dangerous and bizarre virus is unleashed upon the Justice League – but what exactly is the Amazo Virus? Who unleashed it and why? And what unforeseen effects will it have on the greatest heroes of the DC Universe? Plus, Batman and the League uncover Lex's most guarded secret at Lexcorp Headquarters.

Comments?

6. Wonder Woman

The pace seems to have slowed down for a bit but that is the usual lull between big story arcs I guess. But this was a nice prelude to the next huge story. I'm actually really interested to see how the book will look under Jason Fabok going forward. It was interesting to see Lex's sister. I recall the heartbreaking story they had for her in the pre-New 52 Adventures Comics book (or was that Superboy? The story starred Superboy) and it's interesting they are bringing her back. I wonder if she'll have a big role going forward. She must if Johns is bringing her in.

7. James Harvey

Jason Fabok joins Justice League as the series' new regular artist!

JUSTICE LEAGUE #36

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Written by GEOFF JOHNS
    Art and cover by JASON FABOK

"THE AMAZO VIRUS" continues! A bizarre disease has been unleashed, America has been quarantined and the whole world is at a stand still ... but no one on the League may be more affected by this than Batman! What deadly secret about the League does the Amazo Virus hold? Where did it come from? Who unleashed it and why? And what does it mean for the future of the world's greatest heroes?

Comments?

8. Wonder Woman

Fabok was made to draw this comic. He definitely gives the book that big blockbuster look it requires. It's not the best artwork at times as sometimes his characters can look a bit too posed or stiff but overall he does a good job. And the version of Wonder Woman here is far better than what they have going on over in Wonder Woman now that the new creative team has started. And this is also probably the the book has been since the Atlantis storyline easy. It's nice to have the book free from crossovers and big events and doing its own big thing.

9. James Harvey

The Amazo virus threatens to tear the world apart!

JUSTICE LEAGUE #36

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Written by GEOFF JOHNS

Super heroes are no more! What it means to be human is in question! The world is on the brink of a new stage of evolution – or total extinction! – and it’s up to the Justice League to save it! “THE AMAZO VIRUS” continues to devastate the Western World as Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman and Lex Luthor struggle to not only contain the virus, but cure those affected by it. But as they work against the clock, a legion of assassins is out for Lex Luthor’s head. Will the Justice League protect Luthor...or the world?

Comments?

10. Wonder Woman

And Batman's infected. Nice cliffhanger. Even though we know he'll be fine this does kinda raise the stakes a little. It feels like this book is lacking the actual Justice League a little bit so I'm eager to see how they rally together.

11. James Harvey

The Amazo virus claims another!

JUSTICE LEAGUE #38

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Written by GEOFF JOHNS

The Amazo Virus infects the last Leaguer standing: Batman!

Comments?

12. Wonder Woman

This arc seems to be bringing Johns' A-game back. Does it remind anyone else of his story from Avengers a few years ago - Red Zone? The powers that Batman ends up with are pretty clever and I really like how Fabok is just rocking it on this arc. His work has improved so quickly so fast. It seems better than his work on Batman Eternal and way better than his stuff on Detective Comics. He's really doing a great job as artist and I bet he'll be one of DC's A-listers in no time. He really has the talent for it.

13. James Harvey

The finale! The Justice League faces off against...the Justice League?!

JUSTICE LEAGUE #39

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Written by GEOFF JOHNS

"The Amazo Virus" concludes with haunting consequences!

Comments? Discuss this Comic!

14. Wonder Woman

So it looks like DC has their answer to the Inhuman's Terrigan Mist (spelling) with the Amazo virus. It looks like a few thousand people have powers now and I'm sure DC will use that for some new characters and a method to reintroduce some new ones. I'm really interested to see how it goes. Also Amazo looks a little goofy with that haircut but it's nice to see he'll be around. I was sure they'd kill him off by the end. Also the final page with the return of Hal Jordan is awesome. I am glad to see him back.

Fabok is just killing it with this comic. Having him as the new artist is probably the best thing DC could have done.

Also, who is Amos Fortune?

15. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I had a big laugh at Cold taking a picture of Flash while he was frozen :p.

Overall, a good conclusion to the Amazo virus arc. We get some great action scenes as Wonder Woman teams up with Captain Cold to take on the infected, leading to some nice character moments as well, and Fabok continues to knock it out of the park in terms of art :cool:.

So Golden Glider is apparently a Wonder Woman fan :sweat:.

I wonder if Cold's line about being part of the League being easy meant to hint at his fully joining the team? We still haven't actually had that happen yet...

Looks like there'll be a lot more Metahumans in Earth-0 post Convergence, thanks to the Amazo virus. So I imagine that will be used to explain some of the new heroes and villains popping up in several books, or at least Justice League considering there won't be as tight a leash on continuity going forward or something...and now we have a new Amazo, which is cool, though didn't we have a New 52 Amazo before?

I expected Luthor would be off the team by the end of this arc, but it looks like he'll be sticking around for Darkseid War. I wonder if we'll learn the truth of who's trying to kill him Post-Convergence?

And Hal's back, finally! Awesome! And just in time for Darkseid War :D.

@Spider-Man: Amos Fortune is a classic Justice League villain. I think he was one of the founders of the original Royal Flush Gang.

16. James Harvey

The extra-sized prologue to the upcoming "The Darkseid War" event!

JUSTICE LEAGUE #40

[​IMG]] [​IMG]

Written by GEOFF JOHNS
    Art and cover by JASON FABOK, VARIOUS

The prologue to this summer's upcoming Justice League event - "The Darkseid War"! It's been building since Justice League #1. Now, Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, The Flash, Aquaman, Cyborg and the rest of the DC Universe will come face to face with the two most powerful and dangerous entities in existence when both come for Earth. But why? To what lengths with the League have to go to survive? And what secrets about the League will be revealed?

17. Wonder Woman

Some of the dialogue was very hammy and cheesey but the big thing about this issue is that is explains some of the inconsistencies with the new 52 continuity. Apparently this universe hasn't completely settled yet and is not yet complete so that is causing conflicts and is why some things aren't lining up across the books. I thought Convergence is supposed to fix that but is that now going to be the word of the Darkseid War story? The jam issue was nice and the art was fantastic. The comic was all set-up but it was still a good read.

18. James Harvey

"The Darkseid War" begins here! The new DC Unvierse is here - are you ready?

JUSTICE LEAGUE #41

[​IMG]

Written by GEOFF JOHNS

The critically acclaimed team of Geoff Johns and Jason Fabok present the much anticipated, extra-sized first chapter of “DARKSEID WAR”! When the Justice League investigate a series of unexplained murders on Earth, it leads them to the frontlines of a war unlike any the DC Universe has ever seen – a battle between the two most powerful villains in existence: Darkseid and the Anti-Monitor! Meet Darkseid’s daughter – a mysterious force of evil with a bizarre connection to the Justice League! Plus: The horrible secret of Superwoman’s baby! The ultimate temptation of Batman! Lex Luthor vs. Superman – no holds barred! New villains! New allies! And so much more in the DC Event that has been building since JUSTICE LEAGUE #1!

(This issue is epic - do not miss it!)

19. Wonder Woman

This was a great issue. Perhaps the best issue of the comic to date! The artwork was fantastic and the stakes feel very, very real. Luthor being shot, the Justice League being taken down so brutally, the final page reveal - this was everything I want in an issue of Justice League. And how cool was that moment where Johns shows why all these characters work so well together - that two-page "out there" sequence - is something that's worthy of being framed. It defines the League and each of the characters perfectly, and gives them all a connective tissue. It's brilliant stuff. Johns has been a bit hit-and-miss as of late, but this issue was a grand slam.

20. James Harvey

Batman takes the seat of Metron ... the Darkseid War intensifies!

JUSTICE LEAGUE #42
    [​IMG]

Written by GEOFF JOHNS

The epic "Darkseid War" event storyline continues with the critically acclaimed team of Geoff Johns and Jason Fabok! As Darkseid and the Anti-Monitor maneuver toward inevitable war, Wonder Woman leads the Justice League against a force that holds the answers on how to stop it – but the price might be Batman’s soul! Meanwhile, Mister Miracle faces off against a mysterious hero who has been fighting in the shadows for decades!

(Batman discovers something very important in this issue!)