1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom" News & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Entertainment Board' started by Yojimbo, Jul 23, 2015.

1. ShadowBeast

ShadowBeast Well-Known Member

Even a professional gymnast wouldn't be able to do that, much less a child. 1. the raptor would be too heavy for her to get a good enough kick, and 2 even if she was able to get a good kick at it, it wouldn't go through the wall. The raptors couldn't ram the wooden doors, so it makes sense they couldn't be pushed through the wooden walls. As for Zach and Gray, there's nothing about whether they are coming back or not. But I doubt they will come back. It's not like their parents would allow them to go seeking danger.

2. Scrappy-Fan92

Scrappy-Fan92 Well-Known Member

For what it's worth, Kelly kicked the raptor through some separated boards covering a window, not a solid wall.

3. ShadowBeast

Well at least the scene didn't make me dislike the movie.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. defunctzombie

defunctzombie 1992 not 2002
    Staff Member Moderator

It's better with Legos.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. 19MagiswordLane

19MagiswordLane Toonzone's Crooner of Carnage, babe!

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

7. 19MagiswordLane

8. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

9. ShadowBeast

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Jean74

Jean74 Ready for Autumn

Really they are making the plot secret. But know Chris P and Bryce Howard are on board again. Which is good.

11. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

12. 19MagiswordLane

• Informative Informative x 2
  13. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

14. Spideyzilla

Spideyzilla Well-Known Member

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

My first response is to be hyped that he's back - I just hope he isn't grossly misused like in Independence Day 2.

Now just bring back the other two original stars, and we're set.

16. ShadowBeast

17. rggkjg1

rggkjg1 Batman v Superman

Why is Goldblum coming back? After everything our characters went through in the previous movies, why would any of the said characters get back involved with living dinosaurs. If it's a cameo, then that's fine. But nothing more than that. Jurassic World made no sense. As soon as this sequel was confirmed and went into production, this will make even less sense. Have the original characters fly a plane over the chain of islands and nuke them to end this madness once and for all. That makes more sense after everything we've seen in all the movies, and especially makes more sense than the "militarized" dinosaurs (if that is going to be the main plot of this sequel). Hmmm. Maybe Malcolm is more of a "mercenary" and leads a group who infiltrate InGen (or whoever is making the dinosaurs) and they blow up their facilities. That makes sense. Malcolm being an "advisor" to our heroes doesn't.

Jurassic World was entertaining. I'm sure it's sequel will be entertaining. It's awesome Goldblum is back, and if more previous characters comeback, then even more awesome. The bottom line for me is that nothing has made sense at all, and I'm asking "what's the point?". The events in Jurassic World was devastating, the events in the first 2 films are public record, what has to happen for any and everyone to finally learn their lesson and nuke the islands to kill off the dinosaurs once and for all. The lack of humility before nature that's being displayed here, um. Staggers me.

18. ShadowBeast

Ian Malcolm didn't want to go to the island in the second movie, but he was given a reason to. He'll have a reason in the second Jurassic World. We just have to wait to find out why.

Sure it did. Money speaks louder than the safety of people. We have companies in real life that are willing to kill off and pollute life for the sake of profit. Though Simon's reason was for John Hammod's dream to come true and they did have the updated tech to keep the dinosaurs in control. So the new park was able to last for 10 years before human overconfidence caused it's downfall.

As long as the people stayed away from the islands there would be no reason to nuke the dinosaurs since they can't get off the islands anyway. They are still living creatures after all.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. rggkjg1

rggkjg1 Batman v Superman

I honestly can't think of any situation where he would get back involved in this. Whatever his reason for getting involved again, I wonder if it will make any sense. The only thing I can think of for his role in the entire movie will be to sit back and gloat as the chaos unfolds because he is and was right on the matter.

They never had control in the first place, that's the illusion.

We're not talking about some species that was obliterated by deforestation, or the building of a dam. Dinosaurs had their shot, and nature selected them for extinction. Modern man created dinosaurs, therefore it's their responsibility for them to bring these man made abominations to nature back to extinction. Until they do, more innocent lives are going to be lost.

20. ShadowBeast

Well last film he was in his girlfriend was involved. So someone he knows would most likely be the reason. He could be tricked like Grant in the third film.
    I don't see Ian sitting back and gloating like a villain. The guy has an ego, not a lack of human symphony.

But they did have control otherwise the park wouldn't have been open for so long. The control was lost when they decided to try their hands at making a cross-bred monster.

Created or born they are still living beings and have a right to live. Humans might've been the ones who created them, that doesn't mean they have the right to play executioner just because they couldn't control them. The dinosaurs are no threat to anyone on the islands as long as people stayed away from the islands. So any innocents who go to the islands knowing about the dinosaurs being there would only have themselves to blame.

• Agree Agree x 1