1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom" News & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Entertainment Board' started by Yojimbo, Jul 23, 2015.

1. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

JURASSIC WORLD 2
    JUNE 22, 2018

Commence eyeball roll! :p

Sequel: June 22, 2018
    . Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard are both scheduled to return. Colin Trevorrow and Derek Connolly are writing the script. Trevorrow will be an executive producer along with Steven Spielberg. So far, Trevorrow will be direct.

Related Threads:

#1 Yojimbo, Jul 23, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2016
  2. Spideyzilla

Spideyzilla Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be totally against Trevorrow directing, but I'm not happy he and Connolly are writing the script. The movie was fun, but the screenplay was pretty weak.

3. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts

I don't know why anyone's surprised that Trevorrow was staying on as director and writer. I kind of thought he said he was moving on to other projects but I have a feeling the studio paid him quite a hefty sum to stay on as yeah, if you make the third highest grossing movie of all time, they probably want you around to help with future projects if possible. And yeah the writing wasn't that great but again, kind of money talks sort of thing.

Personally what I'm hoping for in a sequel is seeing some of the characters from the original movies... I guess "movie" and see what they're up to. Yeah we can't see Hammond but Alan Grant, Ian Malcolm, Doctor Sadler, Lex and Tim, etc. Seriously I don't think money would be an object in getting these people. As for what it could be about... uh Maybe like Henry Wu uses the genetic research to make himself part dinosaur to gain better control over the others. But in doing so has gotten mad with power and uses said dinosaurs to try and take over the planet and it's up to Claire and Owen to work together with the old cast, along with the T-Rex and Velcioraptor who have their own sort of little subplot, to stop him. I call it Jurassic Generations... what? We're beyond the point of trying to take these movies too seriously. May as well play up their campy action goofiness for as much fun as possible right?

4. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Trevorrow hints what the sequel might be about. Glad it won't be another theme park. Hopefully.

5. ShadowBeast

ShadowBeast Well-Known Member

They'll most likely go for the story they originally planned for 4, with Dino/human hybrids and/or the military continuing to weaponize the dinosaurs.

6. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

7. 19MagiswordLane

19MagiswordLane Toonzone's Crooner of Carnage, babe!

• Informative Informative x 1
    #7 19MagiswordLane, Sep 30, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
  8. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Are Crichton's ideas, they allude to, documented and online somewhere?

9. 19MagiswordLane

I believe it's the ideas taken from the novels (apparently the first line in the script will be the first line from the original novel). As far as I can tell, Crichton never did anything else with Jurassic Park (that's why Jurassic Park III is completely original).

10. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Got it. Thanks. Wonder if I still have them. I remember digging the maps and Ian Malcolm quotes chapter to chapter.

11. Spideyzilla

Except for The Lost World, though I've heard he wrote that mainly so they had an excuse to make a new movie. Though I remember seeing a video of him on the set of Jurassic Park III, so I guess he didn't have a problem with them continuing to make movies.

12. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Working title is "Ancient Futures" during filming when it starts in February in Hawaii.

13. 19MagiswordLane

14. Spideyzilla

Well, that sounds better than the "don't mess with science" narrative that Jurassic World cheaply recycled from the first movie. My only hope is that this has more of a brain than its predecessor. People seem to forget that yes, the original Jurassic Park was a smart, well written movie. Hopefully this movie gets back to that.

15. 19MagiswordLane

16. Scrappy-Fan92

Scrappy-Fan92 Well-Known Member

You know, I don't think I've ever seen a production crew openly state that a sequel will be lighter than its predecessor. Wouldn't it be nice to have that just once?

And I never thought Jurassic World was considerably less "smart" than the original.

17. 19MagiswordLane

#17 19MagiswordLane, Oct 28, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2016
  18. Scrappy-Fan92

Scrappy-Fan92 Well-Known Member

No Lowery? Boo. And the kid with dinosaurs streak continues, although I hope this means Zach and Gray aren't cut.

19. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

20. 19MagiswordLane

11/17: Apparently, even B. D. Wong isn't coming back too (or he's just teasing.....):
    upload_2016-11-17_15-19-18.png

Also, here's another Crichton related piece: an excerpt from his recent book Dragon Teeth (which is about dinosaurs): http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...n-teeth-exclusive-excerpt-book-buzz/93887780/

11/28: Barry may not come back: http://www.jurassicworld2movie.com/news/omar-sy-hints-he-may-not-return-jurassic-world-2

Also, looks like B.D Wong IS returning: http://screenrant.com/jurassic-world-2-bd-wong-wu/

• Informative Informative x 1
    #20 19MagiswordLane, Nov 28, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2016